Cookie Monster Rejected? What? Advice please =)

Advice on a rejected design please!

Watch this
Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

did he get run over by a steamroller?

or is it some kind of cookie monster crab?

Also what's that dried white residue behind him?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

not getting that at all from what i'm seeing.

maybe add a cup or something? and the milk i drink doesn't break apart like an iceberg...

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

It just doesn't look at all like what you want it to look like. I'd be happy to give you advice, but my only advice would be this needs a complete redraw. Unfortunately, judging by the fact that this is what you submitted already, I'm not convinced you're up to the task, artistically speaking. Maybe you could put the idea out there and get a more established artist to do the illustration itself.

taz-pie

this is pretty dreadful. spend more time sketching and less time computering.

richard.muller.370

Yeah, i wasn't sure if it was clear, but the people I showed it to before I submitted it got the concept correct. The milk was based of an illustration of water I saw on a shirt, using grey colors instead of blue. I guess I should have gotten more opinions first.

But melmike, I think you're right, I just started over. Here is take two! Better? Suggestions? I added the cup. I wasn't sure if it was necessary to get the concept, but I think it helps.

taz-pie

how about taking it one step further, and doing the classic nirvana album cover feel, with a cookie on a line. then instead of "got cookie" you do something in the font of nevermind.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff

or just avoid the typography altogether. Unless you do it properly its just going to detract from your finished design and typography isnt as easy as most people would like to think.

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
lxromero said:

or just avoid the typography altogether. Unless you do it properly its just going to detract from your finished design and typography isnt as easy as most people would like to think.

bing and o

Weirdoboy
Weirdoboy profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

how about taking it one step further, and doing the classic nirvana album cover feel, with a cookie on a line. then instead of "got cookie" you do something in the font of nevermind.

Hell yes! There's a shirt I'd buy for my son.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

one more thing in regards to the type

the whole "got milk" campaign is super old and overdone. it's not popular anymore and loses any credibility.

lose that whole part of your concept.

Christina.A.art

ha its a cute idea its getting better don't give up and right now jus looks like he's in water .. make it thicker like he's actually in milk. He might even have the milk over him a little bit play with the opacity of him behind milk... you could go even further add a hand gettin ready to dip a cookie or a plate of cookies :)

richard.muller.370
Ryder Revolution said:

one more thing in regards to the type

the whole "got milk" campaign is super old and overdone. it's not popular anymore and loses any credibility.

lose that whole part of your concept.

Haha Yeah, I guess it is. I guess I was blind sited by my love for milk and cookies.

richard.muller.370
Weirdoboy said:
taz-pie said:

Hell yes! There's a shirt I'd buy for my son.

taz-pie

wait! don't bother. sorry, my bad. i must've seen it somewhere before:

ChrisDB

Cookie monster floating in a glass of milk with a cookie life preserver ring, dunking a cookie in a glass of milk. Make it happen!

richard.muller.370

Okay, so I didn't want to give up, but it wasn’t working, and there wasn’t a way to try and save it I could think that was good enough that I would want to buy the shirt (although the cookie life preserver ring, dunking a cookie in a glass of milk was a great idea), so I started over and did this. So here’s a whole new sketch that I’m submitting, so if you have any constructive criticism before the days end, please let me know. Thanks!

Title: “Watching Reruns of the Old Days”

“There have been many characters in television history that have found the comfort of posting in front of the television: Homer Simpson, Al Bundy, Peter Griffen, Bill Cosby, etc, etc.. And now Cookiemonster finds himself among the roster of all American characters sitting on the couch, enjoying a cold beverage (with a cookie) and catching up on his shows.

taz-pie

sorry, but this really isn't great imo. it looks half-assed.

Deathbycoleslaw

I like the couch one. It looks "bad", but it looks like you mean for it to look that way and therefore it's a coherent design. As for the actual content, personally I like it because I like simple, weird, non-sequitor designs, but I doubt it would be very popular. I'd wear it, but I'm a weirdo, I guess is what I'm saying.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

it looks like cookie monster's head is ripping open... because you have depth to everything but his mouth... try adding some black in there

louisroskosch
louisroskosch profile pic Alumni

heres an idea you can have for free. 'cookie MOONster'

cookie monster... but he is a MOON.

you're welcome.

i like the glass pic the best, the other 2 have a big drop in quality compared.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

wait! don't bother. sorry, my bad. i must've seen it somewhere before:

Where's the baby penis? This sucks.

No account?
Join Us