Thoughts?

![enter image description here][1]

Watch this
JaymeArt

:D thanks

JaymeArt

So.... no one finds this offensive??

Christina.A.art

uhm maybe fix his paw so it doesn't look like a middle finger.

JaymeArt

lol, okay! :] This particular pic is not the art I'd use, Im curious about the concept, more specifically if anyone thinks it racist? ...My husband is Hispanic and didnt think so.

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

anything said or done will offend someone somewhere, all the time! but im not sure if this is offensive to others. but even when something offends me I don't wine about it, I think, don't worry about it

CKandee

It's not really racist... more stereotypical.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Is he riding a horse or a pinata?

JaymeArt

Thanks! Chuck and Ckandee

--Its a sloppily drawn Pinata, Soloyo :]

JaymeArt

updated the pic....is the idea worth pursuing?

benjaminleebates

I think the dirty sanchez bothers me the most!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

I think you should title this "The Mo"

JaymeArt

wth, benjamin? lol, well, if that bothers you... :D

...now Im afraid to ask, but why 'the Mo', RR?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Because El Mo translates to The Mo

JaymeArt

OKay... cool. I was worried it was a name for something like benjamin was talking about. :]

benjaminleebates

That would explain the smile on the pinata's face! d'oh!

JaymeArt

Hey!! What are you saying? --Elmo would never engage in such activity.

benjaminleebates

IDK. Elmo wouldn't but El Mo would!!! olay my friends, olay.

benjaminleebates

Hmm, not racist, that's just what a creepy mustache implies... Usually the same as this...

JaymeArt

Which one? the top one? ...give me a break, I only spent like 3 minutes on that crappy (npi) drawing.

But aaaaanyway... you werent talking about the mustache, you were talking about Elmo vs El Mo. :P

benjaminleebates

I'm just messin with yah. I don't honestly know how people would receive that design, even if you spent 4 minutes on it. Some people will consider it offensive, I can't explain why, they will. To change elmo's appearance to make him more "Hispanic" is using stereotyping, which is usually dogged on. Now, if it were El Mo with a mohawk, that would work too, without any hint of undertones...

JaymeArt

its cool, same here. ...but what's 'more "Hispanic"' ? :/

JaymeArt

...Do you mean 'traditional"?

ben said:

"Some people will consider it offensive, I can't explain why, they will. To change elmo's appearance to make him more "Hispanic" is using stereotyping, which is usually dogged on."

Why cant there be a traditional Hispanic Elmo? Is the Hispanic culture really offensive to some?

I think there's nothing derogatory about his clothes or mustache. --Have you seen a traditional Mariachi band? :]

ps ...what about this?

No account?
Join Us