Close
One second...

WIP- What do you see?

What do you see here? I want a very simplistic design But I feel like it is too abstract. Would more detail be better?

Here is an outline version so You can see what I'm trying to draw.

Watch this
the_X_illant

I wouldn't say it's too abstract, I think you got something going. Maybe you could try adding thin black lines on areas that show shading? And were you going to do all white?

thedeetzes
thedeetzes profile pic Alumni

I like the minimalist idea but I couldn't tell what it was until looking at the second image.

[+duracell-]

I was reminded of Raiden with the first image due to the partial rice paddy hat looking shape and the other lightning bolt looking shapes. But at the same time, I didn't actually see a person.. just a bunch of strange shapes.

arthurlucena

Work more those lights (maybe including a second color) also add a dim (or lighter) backlight. It helps with legibility.

thedeetzes
thedeetzes profile pic Alumni

@arthurlucena the word legibility refers only to text... now I'm THAT guy.

AnthonyMoore

Yeah, I thought Raiden as well. The mouth looks like the eye and his right shoulder line looks like the mouth.. if that makes sense. And I saw the highlight on the left shoulder as a fist coming at me.

Reizake

The 2 Color thing actually looks much cooler then I imagined.

arthurlucena said:

Work more those lights (maybe including a second color) also add a dim (or lighter) backlight. It helps with legibility.

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

looks cool :)

taz-pie

personally i think you are going to have to work a hell of a lot harder to get this accepted for voting, and even then it will probably tank in voting. is it beautiful/ clever/ brilliant/ funny/ gorgeous? nope. have a look at the kinds of designs that have printed for inspiration.

Reizake
taz-pie said:

personally i think you are going to have to work a hell of a lot harder to get this accepted for voting, and even then it will probably tank in voting. is it beautiful/ clever/ brilliant/ funny/ gorgeous? nope. have a look at the kinds of designs that have printed for inspiration.

I'm so glad you told me this. (can you hear my sarcasm?)

Sanim

It would look a lot better if the hair was more animeish I think. Sorry but I don't really see the hair in the 'hair' right now. d: And that blade handle would look good too if you painted it in too. Maybe block in a third neutral color, not destroying the current red/white contrast, to define more of the portrayed character?

Reizake

I think this is the final copy. Any obvious problems or small tweaks needed?

Reizake

How is the positioning on the shirt?

ktownjeff

I like the idea and concept but it's heavily lacking a proficient execution

ManuinMotion

The idea is nice, but I find the white spot of the hat very... massy. I don't know, but the attention goes to the great white masses instead of the whole design.

biernatt
biernatt profile pic Alumni
Reizake said:
taz-pie said:

I'm so glad you told me this. (can you hear my sarcasm?)

you should be glad she told you that (no sarcasm to be heard)

No account?
Join Us