Watch this
P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

What do you mean by DD colours Jordan? I'm not a coffee guy

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

We're not allowed to use the Dunkin Donuts logo, but what about the colors from the logo?

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

I think it would be fine, they cant trademark colors or stop you from using them

Christina.A.art

I like your design kinda gets a lil confusing with the pink rays and orange clouds maybe you could have those be flowers or vine...or not just suggestion. The first ones peaceful without anything.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

I would be really surprised if they had a problem with it since the colors are treated as just a part of the color pallette and don't resemble logo/branding imagery- DD or otherwise.

Before the picture loaded, I thought it might not be worth the risk. Upon seeing it- my opinion changed immediately- it's really lovely! Kinda has that boozy/dreamy/opium den Mucha feeling in a subtle modern way.

Jordan_Bender

@Christina, hmmm you might be right about the "busy" part, so here it is without the lines. Still looks equally cool:

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

I liked the lines, but her face was a little too obscured- maybe if the swirls took a different path or the lines in the swirls faded as they got closer to cup?

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Very nice Jordan! I love the DD color palette.

Aji ontowiryo

very nice illustration, i like it. but if i hold coffee cup like that my hands would burn haha. and you may want to erase that dd smoke outside the circle background, it would look simpler that way IMO

xanthier

looks great. I really like the simplified design.

Christina.A.art

Another suggestion might be to have the same color and texture of the aroma fill the back ground circle and like aji said without the aroma going out of the circle..might be worth a try :)

Christina.A.art

Oh i just had another thought the aroma trail could wrap around her arms underneath like hug the body

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni

I just subbed a design with a somewhat muted color palette. Based on what I read, it shouldn't be an issue. Plus you'd think the folks from DD would dig that!

Jordan_Bender

@Aji here it is without the smoke going out of the circle.

Up next I'll see if I can add more swirls around her arms/shoulders and see how that goes.

Jordan_Bender

I feel like adding more coffee aromas at the bottom messes up the movement. I want the eyes to look at the coffee cup and her face. Now for some reason my eyes go right to the hands.

littlem

I like the second to last version best. Also, have you tried thinner lines for her shoulders and arms?

arthurlucena

Those lines are really gorgeous. I like the last version more =)

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Are you using those colors because they are the DD brand colors or because you like them? They probably won't decline it because of the colors but the reason for banning the logo is that they aren't looking for a DD shirt.

Jordan_Bender
Morkki said:

Are you using those colors because they are the DD brand colors or because you like them? They probably won't decline it because of the colors but the reason for banning the logo is that they aren't looking for a DD shirt.

Yes I do like them, but I'm considering other colors still. Since the white specks look like stars I tried doing blue/purple. I dunno there's something about the orange and pink together that I like.

Jordan_Bender

My husband wanted to see what black and white would look like:

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

wow....did the last 2 versions of the....either color scheme. i'm usually more of a fan of subtlety but i love how that bit of color stands out in the b/w version.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Yeah, I like the color on b&w

littlem

Oooo that b&w looks cool

Sanim

Me likey the colored version more but the B/W version looks good too. But maybe the fumes would look better if they fade a bit as they go up...

Christina.A.art

To me the pink one is warmer but i like both :)

Jordan_Bender

@Sanim, here it is with the fading.

alternik

Gorgeous!! Loved the b/w un-faded fumes version!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

beautiful!

Jordan_Bender

subbed! Thanks for all the input! :)

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

Turned out great. Hope it does well, best of luck :)

sidepull

Good luck. Fun progression!

littlem

looks great! good luck!

No account?
Join Us