Close
One second...

why did all the lion king designs score 2.97?

I find it quite odd that most of the lion king challenge designs scored a mighty 2.97!

for example: both of dangdingeroz subs:
never forget who u are
and the pride rock

and many other designs from this challenge scored the exact same.
I assume it must be some glitch in the scoring system with challenges?
It happened to me with the "black and white" challenge, all my 3 of my subs scored 2.72 exactly.

Sure Disney will still choose the winners, but true scores would help them choose and we would like to see them too ;)

Watch this
dandingeroz
dandingeroz profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

T_T all the promotion I did was put into waste

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Weird. Maybe the masses of downvoters just broke the system.

halfgotten
halfgotten profile pic Alumni

there are too many dummies now..T_T

Manupix

Most likely a bug, and a big one. Exactly the same thing happened in another challenge some months ago, with the same 2.97 score IIRC.

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

This is the reason why I don't sub on challenges as much as possible. Because we become targets by those downvoters. However, Threadless surely knows that scores are manipulated so they will still print the designs that are deserving to win regardless of the scores.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

yeah.. 3 of my subs in the lion king got 2.97 also. that's bit odd.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Not all of them or even most of them. Sure there were a lot of 2.97's (about 90 or so) but there's a whole range of scores. Without seeing all the votes given we can't calculate if the averages are correct but it's still not impossible for that to happen.

Gamma-Ray
Gamma-Ray profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

The odds of there being so many 2.97's indicates there is some sort of glitch in the scoring system with the challenges. that's just my opinion .don't think it has much to do with downvoters.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

About two days ago, after 5 days of sitting consistently, my design dropped suddenly from 6th place to the bottom of the 3rd page. It wasn't just me either, lots of designs also dropped and rose suddenly. At the time I suspected that the cause was a kind of 'attack' of down or up voting, so not all that surprising. What did surprise me however was that my design, along with a lot of the others which had once been on the front page, again rather suddenly jumped back to the top rankings.

Make of that what you will. A speculation could be that Threadless has installed some kind of method to counterweight the effects of down and up voting, a result of which averages a lot of scores out to the same number? Or we could just be looking into all of this way to closely and there's really nothing strange going on.

Morkki
1 design submitted -

Shenanigans or no, at least this time the top scoring design actually looks good with a legit score. Unlike in the Mickey challenge.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

i agree, the top design is just awesome.

cmasse
melmike said:

About two days ago, after 5 days of sitting consistently, my design dropped suddenly from 6th place to the bottom of the 3rd page. It wasn't just me either, lots of designs also dropped and rose suddenly. At the time I suspected that the cause was a kind of 'attack' of down or up voting, so not all that surprising. What did surprise me however was that my design, along with a lot of the others which had once been on the front page, again rather suddenly jumped back to the top rankings.

Did a bunch of new subs get approved at the same time?

New subs tend get a rush of 5's from the artist and fans pushing everything else down. Then they drop down as they settle into there final score.

That's my evil conspiracy theory.

Morkki
1 design submitted -

The lowest score was 1.63. I don't know why I clicked all the way to the end but I did!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I think Mike may be on to something. :-) I wouldn't worry about it too much, Disney will pick what they like.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

plenty of great pieces on the first page, though. I'm quite curious to find out if there was a scoring bug.

Aji ontowiryo

mine got 2.95, while i'm sure it would get 3+, or i'm being too optimistic :P. is there anyone got 3+ besides buko's? i'm too lazy to check em all. and i think buko's design deserve more than 3.5

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

It's like the Black and White contest all over again!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Wow that's interesting indeed

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

Mine scored 2.78, 2.66, 2.58

I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER MUAHAHAHA!

Morkki
1 design submitted -
Aji ontowiryo said:

mine got 2.95, while i'm sure it would get 3+, or i'm being too optimistic :P. is there anyone got 3+ besides buko's? i'm too lazy to check em all. and i think buko's design deserve more than 3.5

Sorted by average score

Aji ontowiryo
Morkki said:
Aji ontowiryo said:

Sorted by average score

so you can actually do that! shame on me lol, thanks man

melmike
cmasse said:
melmike said:

Did a bunch of new subs get approved at the same time?

New subs tend get a rush of 5's from the artist and fans pushing everything else down. Then they drop down as they settle into there final score.

That's my evil conspiracy theory.

The 'event' happened 2 days before voting ended, so yeah, no new subs to speak of. It was really weird.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

2.96 or 2.97 means not quite OK.

Thanks voters. :/

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

2.97 is knows as the "Royal Number."

-Cringe-

2,92 here! i won't print but still consider my design as one of the few i would wear in this challenge... 58 ones? downvoting went crazy but i don't care ^^

melmike
Fruityfructis said:

2,92 here! i won't print but still consider my design as one of the few i would wear in this challenge... 58 ones? downvoting went crazy but i don't care ^^

I'm with you, mine did comparatively well too (a whole 0.02 points higher and than the royal number, but I'd be VERY surprised if it got picked. Oh, and 58 1s is great! In a challenge like this, any amount of 1s under 150 should be considered a win.

RonanL
RonanL profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

My design had been sitting comfortably between #1 - #3 for most of the competition, and even one of the top scoring for the overall Threadless competition. It stayed there for most of the competition. I felt very lucky to of had a design that did well for so long and was well on my track to having a shot at the print.

Two days ago, that all changed. Its spot plummeted out of the blue and ended with - imagine this:

What happened? Why are so many designs scored ~2.97? Is it inconsistent yet honest scoring, or is it rampant down voting? I would guess the latter, since this seems to happen at the end of most challenges.

http://www.threadless.com/thelionking/the-pride/

johnnysPeter

I got a 2.97 also...

MadKobra
MadKobra profile pic Alumni

i got 2.98 but it's fine since there is a lot of down voters within these challenge or maybe people don't like simba anymore :P

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

communist movement??

Manupix
soloyo said:

communist movement??

Gazelle party conspiration?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

IT WAS THE HYENAS!!!

Morkki