Change plan.. I need help, for this WIP

I was thinking if this is good for the theme "MOVIES THAT DON'T EXIST YET"

and this kind of rendering...

it's like an illustration books.

Watch this
taz-pie

is this about fisting?

waldy chavez

No. It symbolized as fighting for your dream and igniting the fire of hope.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

So, fisting then.

vectored_life

Inflammatory...

The shadow in the hand is kinda weird.

benjaminleebates

New definition of fist pump!

What if the arm was wooden? Or more like a match stick? Or a bracelet with the word hope on it? Or a tat? I mean, this image is indicative of Fight the Power, not really what you say...

Snarfums

It looks strange to me having the red color overlap the hand. Maybe try adding one more color to the flame to give it more dimension like the hand. Good concept though!

taz-pie
Torakamikaze said:

So, fisting then.

yeah. looks pro-fisting to me.

JaymeArt

a flaming fist? To me it's saying: Trolls unite!

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

is this about fisting?

Well, this looks awkward now

waldy chavez

Ok guys.. thank you very much. I think i need to forget "fisting" design.

Now i change my plan... Pls suggest or comment for this WIP. Thanks all!

benjaminleebates

You switched it, now this thread is threadless! So the foot bothers me. The sample of the book cover has far more contrast, and you really need that for a shirt so it can be seen from more than 3 feet away. IS the dragon dead? You really need some shadow under it, kinda reads funny, at least shadow where it's head rests on it's tail. And the angle of that head is odd. Colors may help all this?

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
benjaminleebates said:

You switched it, now this thread is threadless! So the foot bothers me. The sample of the book cover has far more contrast, and you really need that for a shirt so it can be seen from more than 3 feet away. IS the dragon dead? You really need some shadow under it, kinda reads funny, at least shadow where it's head rests on it's tail. And the angle of that head is odd. Colors may help all this?

The dragon's head? And what's up with the floating eye?

waldy chavez

@benjamin sorry for switching.. yeah i forgot the shadow, i want to make a pastel color for this or any subtle colors and rough rendering but i'm worried about placing it on a shirt and it might looks not good enough.. I don't know if its a good idea.

@soloyo the floating eye represent a guidance for the samurai, like an intuition or spirit.

benjaminleebates

It's a great start. Colors and shadows will make or break it. That book cover has several good art choices. The yellow shadow/background is warm in tone in contrast to the cool tones of the water/broth, then the tentacles split the difference, they are warmer then the broth, but cooler than the shadow/background... The darkest parts are the shadows, the shadows really make the tentacles POP out of the soup. I am critiquing the book cover more than your design so that you can better understand what they did RIGHT, so that you can make similar intelligent choices in your composition.

waldy chavez

@benjamin hmmm.. Cool!! I like how you critique or comments on my work. Really appreciate it. I don't have any suggestion on your bad science. Sorry for that, but i will for the final outcome. Thanks man.

Aji ontowiryo

give em shadow, i'm confused how the dragon lay especially its head and wings. and the boy right foot should step on dragons body. uh actually perspective angle looks weird to me,i mean this angle isn't so movie-like. maybe front view would looks better,i don't know.

waldy chavez

@aji thanks for your suggestion. I think this is not good for the theme movie... And yeah i need to put the shadow.

benjaminleebates
waldy chavez said:

@benjamin hmmm.. Cool!! I like how you critique or comments on my work. Really appreciate it. I don't have any suggestion on your bad science. Sorry for that, but i will for the final outcome. Thanks man.

No worries! Yeah, I am art teacher by degree, but graphic designer by trade. You've got all the hard work ahead of you making the correct choices in your comp... Think of me as an art spotter. Like they have in weight training, it only takes a tiny push or pull to get over that edge. I know you can do it!

waldy chavez

@benjamin so that's why... Ok art spotter thanks for helping.. And that cool video. \m/

JaymeArt

I agree, the foot looks awkward. And the angle of the guy is as if hes looking passed the dragon. And just my opinion, but it might look better without the back wings. -cool artwork :]

El Jazz

Good sketching process, we wait to check out colour & strokes app, gret work I share this link to promote your design and others too: We can correspond to your score

El Jazz

Good sketching process, we wait to check out colour & strokes app, gret work I share this link to promote your design and others too: We can correspond to your score

taz-pie

aww man. i wanted to talk about fisting some more :/

benjaminleebates
taz-pie said:

aww man. i wanted to talk about fisting some more :/

Start a new thread...?

Daviisilva

This illo looks amazing, man!

No account?
Join Us