Close
One second...

Minecraft Fans - We need your help! You could win some threadbucks!

Hey all! We want you guys (especially those that play the game) to get involved and help us in making sure we don't let any Minecraft submissions slip through the cracks! Our first Minecraft collection was great, but we want this second one to be even BETTER!

Head on over and check out the 323 submissions! Post at least three submissions (links are fine) you think are strong contenders and tell us why by Sep 23! The more minecraft-y the better!

*One random participant will earn some threadbucks! :)

Watch this
Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Hmmm interesting. Ok I'll do it.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

Good. I like you.

Abstract Matter

A day in the blocky life

Inside the crack

Sword

These are by far my favourite subs in the contest, as they all appeal to me on an aesthetic level, and each one relates to just why I love Minecraft on a personal level.

A day in the blocky life has an amazing look to it and with its cube based composition it relates back to the game in a very literal, physical way.

Inside the crack reminds me of something every Minecraft player experiences - their first time discovering and exploring a ravine. This again speaks to me on an aesthetic level with flawless lighting and colors.

And finally, Sword! What more can I say? Stacy has taken the classic crafting formula for a stone sword and made some literal humor out of it - and a pretty hilarious joke it is too! This, combined with Mechanicalrobotpower's incredibly unique and appealing art style make this one a winner for me.

I actually had these all in my head before seeing this post as I shared them on my Facebook wall when I came across them during voting!

jeffreyg

sweet, thanks adam

Underdawg
Underdawg profile pic Alumni

Strictly picking 3 that HARDCORE Minecraft fans would appreciate:

"Sword"

Due to the fact that it involves some prior (albeit basic) knowledge of the game and how the game works. At first your confused then the "aha!" moment happens when you figure it out. Idea is great and execution is even better.

"Achievement Get"

I like the concept here. This represents an actual achievement found in the game. Hardcore gamers will understand what is being depicted but it also has appeal to people with general knowledge of the game. "When pigs fly" is pretty universal as well. Nice job here.

"Quit of Digging"

Visually this one is very strong. The perspective and aesthetic style is very nice. On the concept side, this feeling of "I quit!" is very relatable to those of us who just get tired of digging sometimes. Again, point to drive home here is that the challenge called for designs that "hardcore fans" would appreciate. So this one strikes a nerve with those who have sacrificed many hours in the tunnels.

Abstract Matter

Quit of Digging is so god damn true haha, diamonds RIGHT where you were about to stop.

ellygeh
ellygeh profile pic Alumni

Maaan only 3?! There are SO MANY I love! Adam and Underdawg hit the right designs! Stacy killed it with the sword design it's 100% universal to casual and hardcore players! I'll browse around later to get my official picks!

jeffreyg
ellygeh said:

Maaan only 3?! There are SO MANY I love! Adam and Underdawg hit the right designs! Stacy killed it with the sword design it's 100% universal to casual and hardcore players! I'll browse around later to get my official picks!

I said at least 3 :) post as many as you want!

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

A day in the blocky life (although I think I saw a similar design last year?)

Inside the Crack is my favorite, that literally happens to me in the game.

(Too bad I can't pick my own LOL)

Abstract Matter

I liked In Block We Trust too, but the others are my favourites because of the way they reference common gameplay mechanics as opposed to just looking great. :)

jeffreyg
JordanLBender said:

A day in the blocky life (although I think I saw a similar design last year?)

Inside the Crack is my favorite, that literally happens to me in the game.

(Too bad I can't pick my own LOL)

You can :]

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

hey guys :) Ok I'm not a hardcore fan, I only ever played it pretty casually, but I thought I'd hop in here and mention a few designs that didn't get mentioned so far but I think they'd make excellent tees:

(all the ones mentioned so far are also great, by the way, but they scored so high I don't think you'd miss them anyway :)

My pick no. 1 - punching trees by Thomas Orrow. First, I adore the combination of vintage public image plus subtle pixellization that still fits and doesn't detract from the charm of the image. Second, the whole punching trees business is very Minecrafty, and yet even if I had no idea that Minecraft even existed, seeing this tee would make me chuckle. Poor Steve, he must have some issues :) So this makes it a total winner in my book, and is in fact probably the only tee from this challenge that I'd wear/ buy.

My pick no. 2 -

Heart of the explorer by quugo. It isn't revolutionary, but the style and coloring and layout it uses are totally beautiful I think. It retains a recognizable Minecrafty style while managing to at the same time soften it up and make it unique. Plus all the usual suspects are there!!! And that pig looks adorbz.

My pick no. 3 - A hard day by Dani Martinez. A simple cozy scene depicting those precious moments when you're not fearing for your life (though heaven knows what's clawing at the walls of your dear home from the outside). The style is very charming and reminds me of a bygone time when I actually used to be obsessed by video games, even though they looked like crap compared to today.

celandinestern

I have no idea why all of the text came out as links. Post formatting fail, sorry.

El Jazz

Hi everyone, this post i think is genial to support the challenge due to this i would like to share this link if anyone wants to increase your score, each one of us value and correspond to your vote: We can correspond to your score

Manupix

Great choices peeps! Some of these I hadn't seen yet, I'll confess I didn't score much in this challenge :S

A day in the blocky life is my favest, nicely classic isometric.

Also since I have a soft spot for the gently weird outsiders, out of my 4s and 5s I'd pick these:

a nice pattern

and this hilarious thing which literally made me burst with lulz

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I'm not a Minecraft fan, but these are some of the ones that I gave 4's and 5's to.

This one is simple and funny, even with my limited knowledge of Minecraft. :-)

Really nice perspective and lighting on this one, plus it looks awesome on the shirt!

Love the colors on this one and the overall look is a refreshing take on the subject matter.

jeffreyg

Awesome picks, guys!

Abstract Matter
Abstract Matter said:

A day in the blocky life

Inside the crack

Sword

These are by far my favourite subs in the contest, as they all appeal to me on an aesthetic level, and each one relates to just why I love Minecraft on a personal level.

A day in the blocky life has an amazing look to it and with its cube based composition it relates back to the game in a very literal, physical way.

Inside the crack reminds me of something every Minecraft player experiences - their first time discovering and exploring a ravine. This again speaks to me on an aesthetic level with flawless lighting and colors.

And finally, Sword! What more can I say? Stacy has taken the classic crafting formula for a stone sword and made some literal humor out of it - and a pretty hilarious joke it is too! This, combined with Mechanicalrobotpower's incredibly unique and appealing art style make this one a winner for me.

I actually had these all in my head before seeing this post as I shared them on my Facebook wall when I came across them during voting!

Since everyone is posting images it makes sense for me to as well :)

mechanicalrobotpower
mechanicalrobotpower profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Wow! Thanks guys! .my modus operandi was to try capture some minecraft in-jokes, but keep it accessible to non players, ..maybe with a little digging, get it? Minecraft joke.

Here's my picks.

because simplicity

of all the minecraft/reality mixes, this is my favourite

my overall favourite, ..if cats decided to team with the creepers? It would be all over, plus! I love the type.

scottishjen
scottishjen profile pic Alumni

sword

Makes fun of how simple the crafting recipes are...two cobble stone and one stick

Breed the rainbow Paint swatches for the different wool you can get .. I like it

Grim Creeper

Seeing him is a sure sign that death will follow and if he gets near you life could be over.....great pun and design.

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

cubes on my mind a day in the blocky life creepers and cats a picture of mine

jeffreyg

Thanks everyone for the help!

I'll draw a winner by the end of the day!

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

I have never played it but Create a new world by wantuhappy

Grass-fed by alexmdc is one of my favs i love cows so i would want to wear this! haha

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

& Faces of Minecraft by wearless

berlynhubler
berlynhubler profile pic Alumni

Grass-fed

Cube Cake

sword

Because: 1. so funny and great, I would wear those cows with pride 2. YUM 3. that looks dangerous

-Cringe-

I think this is the strongest and funniest sub concept-wise, but the execution is really bad, if an awesome illustrator works on this idea i think it would make the best minecraft tee! (this has not been mentioned in this post)

This one is my favorite execution-wise, the artist really took the minecraft universe and made it his own with his personal style, wich i really like! oh and pattern tees are awesome, duh

This last one works beautifully with this monochrome old-school drawing style, and the concept made me genuinely laugh. My first minecraft reaction (for real): "i can destroy trees with my fist? this game is awesome." But in my opinion it the concept isn't as strong as the chest one, and i find the pattern one more fun...more threadless!

MAKE A COLLAB WITH FIRST IDEA! solly for bad engrish, not mine fyrst language

celandinestern

VERE IZ VINNER???? I VANT TO VINNNN

Manupix

WAKE UP JEFF!

jeffreyg

Oops, forgot to update it!

Congratulations, ScottishJen! Thanks all for participating!

Underdawg
Underdawg profile pic Alumni

Dang.... Congrats to the winner!

No account?