Close
One second...

Announcing new hi-res dimensions for design submissions!

• by skaw
  • posted Sep 18, 2013
  • 106 Comments

You can now submit your designs in a more glorious, larger format! 1200 by 1200 pixels of pure ultimate power. One MILLION four hundred and forty thousand pixels! That's a whole lot of real estate to show off your work. In a few days, when new hi-res designs are submitted and approved, you'll start to see much larger images when scoring designs.

It's no secret that submission dimensions have been one of the biggest issues with submitting to design challenges. We've been listening and we're excited to see what you do with all this extra space. In fact, we're so pumped that spoiler alert we're launching a new special design challenge tomorrow that should inspire everyone to give it a go! In fact there are 10,000 inspiring reasons. Hint hint.

But wait there's more! Bonus new features:

• You can now embed videos from Youtube and Vimeo in the forum!

• You can also now delete your own comments!

• Pssst … @skaw

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I give this seven out of two thumbs up

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Holy shi....

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Can we delete Morkki's comments?

cmasse

sweet

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Video embedding, yesss~

So are the slides still a thing or is this replacing that entirely?

Morkki
1 design submitted -
Ryder Revolution said:

Can we delete Morkki's comments?

I'll delete your BUTT

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

Futurama

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

Slides are axed with this feature for now. Just the one image. We found the slides can be distracting and/or not looked at. The simplicity of one big image should be enough.

Morkki
1 design submitted -

Ah, I see the scoring section is already using a layout for the square format. Looks a little funky but I guess it'll clear out when the new thing starts

Morkki
1 design submitted -

Will the slides still continue working in old subs?

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni
skaw said:

Slides are axed with this feature for now. Just the one image. We found the slides can be distracting and/or not looked at. The simplicity of one big image should be enough.

I'm FOR it.

Wolfgang8885

Woohoo! I like the 10,000 hint...

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

Whoaaa! Thanks Threadless!

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

I am glad I waited to sub my design!

cmasse
skaw said:

YES!

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

slides will continue working for old designs.

Wolfgang8885
TheInfamousBaka said:

DELETE

Yeah ^^

[+duracell-]

well bless your little heart

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

I approve of all things stated here.

And my approval is worth at least 7 approvals.

FoodStampDavis

"we're launching a new special design challenge tomorrow that should inspire everyone to give it a go! In fact there are 10,000 inspiring reasons. Hint hint."

Please be "Butt Magic" themed, please be "Butt Magic" themed, please be "Butt Magic" themed....

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Yay I see better i won't need my glasses now!!

littlem

yeeks. delete our own comments? yeeks

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
skaw said:

How about back and front design. . Hoodie (open and close option) . Glow in the dark designs . Those could use more than one image.????

Morkki
1 design submitted -

I'd say 1200x1200 is plenty enough to display two sides of a design. I mean it doesn't even fit on my monitor without zooming out

FoodStampDavis
Morkki said:

I'd say 1200x1200 is plenty enough to display two sides of a design. I mean it doesn't even fit on my monitor without zooming out

Let's all laugh at Morkki's tiny, girlish monitor.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

FoodStampDavis
melmike said:

When did Ricky Gervais have a kid with Sabretooth?

AnthonyMoore

Does it still have to be 250 kb or under?

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni

This is a pretty sweet idea, (here comes the ungrateful part....) I just wished the dimensions of the preview box were more rectangular/portrait style (like the old site)

Manupix

WOO-HOOT!!!! =D

Hey can we have our Atrium designs back while we're at it? Puh-leeeeease?

AnthonyMoore

Anyone else have to enter a captcha before posting into the forums? I have had to for like the past 3 days...

Dan Yingling
AnthonyMoore said:

Nope!

AnthonyMoore
Dan Yingling said:
AnthonyMoore said:

Nope!

Awesome.

Christina.A.art
Dan Yingling said:
AnthonyMoore said:

Nope!

So it can be to the moon and back

Dan Yingling

You are no longer required to send them to space first either.

Christina.A.art
Dan Yingling said:

You are no longer required to send them to space first either.

pilihp
pilihp profile pic Alumni

1200x1200 is pretty big... big and easy for thieves to rip.

will we still be able to submit a smaller size if we wanted to?

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

In a perfect world this is a great news. However 1200px at 72 dpi is enough for printing custom smartphone cases artwork. Really guys this will open a whole new world for artwork thieves.

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni

Suggestion for designers - rather than subbing the designs against a flat color, why not submit the designs on a tee mockup/model? I would think that would make it harder for art thieves to steal the work directly, no?

Maybe even the good folks at Threadless could provide some new model photos (layered PSD files) that artists could easily use to show what the art would look like on a tee. What say you, Jake & Co.?

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni
lunchboxbrain said:

Suggestion for designers - rather than subbing the designs against a flat color, why not submit the designs on a tee mockup/model? I would think that would make it harder for art thieves to steal the work directly, no?

Maybe even the good folks at Threadless could provide some new model photos (layered PSD files) that artists could easily use to show what the art would look like on a tee. What say you, Jake & Co.?

This

chuck p comics
chuck p comics profile pic Alumni

It would be no different when people post a larger image in the comments, people can steal that just as easy right?

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Won't that defeat the purpose of making submission at 1200px in the first place?

lunchboxbrain said:

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?