Close
One second...

InDesign help needed please

I have a 60+ page document in InDesign and changed the page size for the whole document. Where do I change the margin size (pink box is the margins right?? What's that dotted blue box?

Watch this
TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Layout > Margins and Columns is where you go to change the margin size. Select all of your pages in the page palette thingy so it'll change throughout.

0Jim0
0Jim0 profile pic Alumni

dotted box is likely something on your master pages.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Cheers. What exactly are master pages?

TheInfamousBaka

In your page palette you'll see the master pages at the top. If you have a consistent theme, you can just design it on the master page, then assign it to whichever pages in your book/brochure that you want to. Less hassle and better for file size, I'm sure.

Bramish

Ah. Could be useful.

I have text boxes, all the same size, on every page, that I'd like to reformat now that the page sizes have changed. How would I do that without changing each one individually?

TheInfamousBaka

The text you could reformat with find and replace, I'm pretty sure. Regarding the text boxes, I think most people use scripts for changes within a many-paged document, which I've never messed with before. I personally would do it manually, but I only work up to 30 pages or so.

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

I frickin hate indesign

Bramish

It hates me.

No account?
Join Us