Close
One second...

Need feedback for this design

This is my first submission, and unfortunately it also my first rejection......... I wonder what's wrong with my design? And I need your tips to improve it! Thank you!!


![nocturnal

Watch this
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Why is it mirrored?

danaoodana

No reason... I doodled it that way. Is that make it bad?

arthurlucena

Not bad, danaoodana, but usually this kind of effect is related to a design direction. It adds little to the general conception. If it was a word like "reflection", "through" of something related to a mirror, it would add value to the composition. The type is nice and works well with the negative square.

danaoodana
arthurlucena said:

Not bad, danaoodana, but usually this kind of effect is related to a design direction. It adds little to the general conception. If it was a word like "reflection", "through" of something related to a mirror, it would add value to the composition. The type is nice and works well with the negative square.

What do you suggest? Should I change the mirror effect? And what do you thing about the font? Is it suitable?

danaoodana
arthurlucena said:

Not bad, danaoodana, but usually this kind of effect is related to a design direction. It adds little to the general conception. If it was a word like "reflection", "through" of something related to a mirror, it would add value to the composition. The type is nice and works well with the negative square.

btw, thanks for your feedback! :D

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Just a heads up, this sort of thing doesn't print here.

taz-pie

DON

RUT

LAN

.

.

lolwut

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

When your whole concept is a word, mirroring that word to make it unreadable for no real reason just makes the whole thing nonsense.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

When your whole concept is a word, mirroring that word to make it unreadable for no real reason just makes the whole thing nonsense.

Abstract Matter
soloyo said:
Morkki said:

When your whole concept is a word, mirroring that word to make it unreadable for no real reason just makes the whole thing nonsense.

benjaminleebates

Even without the mirroring, the concept is not very strong be itself. A graphical element would add a lost to the design... Something that relates to nocturnal, night, the relationship between day and night...

danaoodana

Wow... Thank you for your feedback guys~ I'll fix it

Snarfums

The mirroring throws me off too. I would also try using a thicker font that's easier to read instead of the lined font. Mess around with a bunch of different ones and see how it looks!

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

I would like to see more non-letter art in this design :) Or a type which is outrageous and every letter is a piece of art on it's self :)

No account?
Join Us