Close
One second...

nothing to see here

past is past

Watch this
WarDrobeInSpareOom

I was telling this joke when I was a kid back in the 1800s, so no, it's not your idea.

Evancooleo
WarDrobeInSpareOom said:

I was telling this joke when I was a kid back in the 1800s, so no, it's not your idea.

Lol, I'm not claiming to own the phrase. Just the original design submission to Threadless, friend.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

And I'm saying, THE IDEA ISN'T ORIGINAL SO HE DIDN'T STEAL IT FROM YOU.

Amigo.

MarkMorbidity

Well since someone doesn't seem to answer correctly lol. In my personal opinion if it's changed in a way that is no where near close to the other persons design I say it's fin I guess. For example the characters on cereal boxes from 20 or even 30 years ago look diff from what they are today. Diff artist. same character so i think nothing is wrong with re doing someone elses design. I could how ever agree with being a bit bummed out that they got printed and yours didn't even tho they were the same Idea. Again this can depend on the persons fan base but to the topic i say it's fine to remake the design in your own style. =]

littlem

i'd eat both of those big dills

littlem

oh hold onnn

MarkMorbidity

He never said the other person stole it lol

WarDrobeInSpareOom said:

And I'm saying, THE IDEA ISN'T ORIGINAL SO HE DIDN'T STEAL IT FROM YOU.

Amigo.

MarkMorbidity

HAhahahahahaha xD

littlem said:

i'd eat both of those big dills

WarDrobeInSpareOom
MarkMorbidity said:

He never said the other person stole it lol

WarDrobeInSpareOom said:

And I'm saying, THE IDEA ISN'T ORIGINAL SO HE DIDN'T STEAL IT FROM YOU.

Amigo.

Actually...

TheInfamousBaka

I think you should ask their permission if you want to remake a specific artist's design. But sometimes coincidences happen and people come up with the same idea without prior knowledge of the other existing. Which is what I assume happened here.

JordanLBender
4 designs submitted - Score now!
littlem said:

i'd eat both of those big dills

the bigger the better!

MarkMorbidity

I thinkdesigns like that don't have a specific owner? Like a saying or something that can be interpreted into a drawing? I don't know but i think it would be pretty hard to trackdown the original creator lol

TheInfamousBaka said:

I think you should ask their permission if you want to remake a specific artist's design. But sometimes coincidences happen and people come up with the same idea without prior knowledge of the other existing. Which is what I assume happened here.

Twiggyhall

makes me think of

TheInfamousBaka

I personally would prefer to think up original ideas instead of rehashing stuff that has already been done.

soloyo-collabs

deja vu Wasn't this issue already resolved?

littlem

i'm just here for the dills

MarkMorbidity

I agree!

TheInfamousBaka said:

I personally would prefer to think up original ideas instead of rehashing stuff that has already been done.

Morkki
soloyo said:

deja vu Wasn't this issue already resolved?

Yeah, wasn't this printed like in the '60s?

Evancooleo
Morkki said:
soloyo said:

deja vu Wasn't this issue already resolved?

Yeah, wasn't this printed like in the '60s?

Nah nah nah, 50's bro, come on man, do you even Threadless?????

No account?