Close
One second...

New Scoring System??

Is threadless going to launch a NEW and improved scoring system (stocking up on Tylenol to cure future headaches) ??
There have been very few designs approved lately and I currently have nothing left to score which makes me wonder if a new scoring system is about to be launch....

Watch this
jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

maybeeeeeeeee

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

New subs are scored "1" through "Green."

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

that would be great !!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Oooooh! :-D I hope it has a cheater laser beam that punches them in the face.

FoodStampDavis

There's no judging a Dead Goat.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

hahaha

vectored_life

Honestly though, I'm scared. Now I have to try harder. And read more "why'd I get rejected" blogs.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

maybe it's related with these error stuff. just a thought. XD

benjaminleebates

No, for real. What is the point of the voting system? Do the powers that be actually use those numbers? What percentage of highs and lows are thrown out assuming they were cast by Ned Flanders and Mr. Burns, respectively...

benjaminleebates

Either everything is awesome (fives)

or everything sucks (ones)

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

New scoring system: 1 = #1

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
benjaminleebates said:

Either everything is awesome (fives)

or everything sucks (ones)

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni

Give us back our skinny stats! It will show you that in many designs (not only with mine), the amount of 1s equals the amount of 2s + 3s + 4s

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

why don't threadless make the scoring system to be addition so there will no be downvotes.. like if i give you 1 it will give your entry +1 and the rest will follow +2+3+4+5.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
TheInfamousBaka said:

benjaminleebates
kzjl said:

why don't threadless make the scoring system to be addition so there will no be downvotes.. like if i give you 1 it will give your entry +1 and the rest will follow +2+3+4+5.

Same difference if in the end the number is divided by the total number of votes cast. What about the MEH designs. There are some that are done well, but I don't like the subject, so then I don't vote for it either way... How do those count?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

$POTATO

vectored_life
benjaminleebates said:
kzjl said:

Same difference if in the end the number is divided by the total number of votes cast. What about the MEH designs. There are some that are done well, but I don't like the subject, so then I don't vote for it either way... How do those count?

You MUST ALWAYS vote MEH designs as MEH otherwise the MEH designs WILL SCORE HIGHLY! MEH lol

benjaminleebates

But if I am not into something that everyone else is into, why should I down vote it? I try to vote considering skill, execution, and/or concept. If any of these three tiers is uber weak, I will down vote, but I won't up vote if the subject is MEH. Maybe a clearer description of what the votes are saying? 5 - I would pay money for it 4 - I wouldn't buy it, but I like it 3 - I don't know how I feel (MEH) 2 - Needs work 1 - WTF! SRLSY?

moosabman
moosabman profile pic Alumni

I wonder if they will require users to have previously purchased an item from threadless in order to vote. Would kill all the fake accounts. :)

vectored_life
moosabman said:

I wonder if they will require users to have previously purchased an item from threadless in order to vote. Would kill all the fake accounts. :)

I wouldn't be able to vote then. Too poor.

FoodStampDavis

The current system seems pretty good, in my opinion.

Downvoting kind of just takes care of itself since they tend to downvote every sub that's up.

Twiggyhall
theillustratorman said:

Honestly though, I'm scared. Now I have to try harder. And read more "why'd I get rejected" blogs.

realols

vectored_life

@benjamin, what I mean is if you think a design is WTF looking (I like your proposed system btw lol), then you should vote it that way. If no one votes for a crappy design, it will have one vote (which will be by the artist) and that vote will most likely be a 5.

I feel bad too when I have to downvote. I give higher scores to those that have bad looking designs but look like they really tried. Shhh, don't tell anyone though.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

or just maybe put settings where you can see the records of all the voters that you had.

benjaminleebates

Bleeding hearts unite! jk Yeah I get what you are saying, but I have a hard time judging effort... It's the teacher in me. My weakness for downvoting is stock images and over use of filters, shh, secret.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

but seriously, we've just been swamped with approvals and i'm crankin em out right now! ;]

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

you've been sleeping on the job, jeff. tsk2

Evan_Luza
Evan_Luza profile pic Alumni

reverse drumroll

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni

new scoring system update: if you score a design a 1 then your account is automatically deleted.

it's like one of those "do not push button" buttons that has awesome consequences!

benjaminleebates
SteveOramA said:

new scoring system update: if you score a design a 1 then your account is automatically deleted.

it's like one of those "do not push button" buttons that has awesome consequences!

Cool, then if you score someone a five does your newest shirt automatically get printed?

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

The new system will be Grandma Proof:

Chevinster
bortwein said:

The new system will be Grandma Proof:

This one is really funny & true

Jake Friedman

I read on wikileaks that new scoring system is like this

7 - "Hey neato design, I'll tattoo that on my lower back" 5.5. - "This shirt is awful. Would only wear for ironic purposes" 0 - "Would buy this shirt"

Its all based on a special logarithm that Jeff created while soul-searching in the Tibetan peaks with a bunch of monks. No word on whether or not he found his soul.

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Lucky scoring?

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!
jeffreyg said:

but seriously, we've just been swamped with approvals and i'm crankin em out right now! ;]

whatever, phil

Sach_80
3 designs submitted - Score now!

Should show the rating or opinion given by the judges of threadless in each design. 2 score, of people and staff :) I think that would to improve.

MarkMorbidity

How about if they vote a low score they are required to put why they gave that vote and it has to have a certain character limit to post the comment for example someone votes a 1 and the have to type out like 140 characters or so in order to have their vote counted. If it's a valid response it get's approved by staff? Might be a lengthy process but I guess that would cut down the people who just vote 1s for no reason.

MarkMorbidity

How about if they vote a low score they are required to put why they gave that vote and it has to have a certain character limit to post the comment for example someone votes a 1 and the have to type out like 140 characters or so in order to have their vote counted. If it's a valid response it get's approved by staff? Might be a lengthy process but I guess that would cut down the people who just vote 1s for no reason.

Abstract Matter

Just as a fun thing, i'd love to have my own text tags alongside the numbers. Make em editable per account as opposed to 'meh' etc?

:P

No account?
Join Us