Close
One second...

Submission idea- feedback requested!

Hi, this is an idea that I had for a tee. Basically I would completely rework the photographic elements and the freehand ink bits I added on top. This is just to get the concept across. I'm really trying to work out if the idea itself is worth pursuing. I was thinking a title would be "cultured culture" or "culture for cultures".

I'm trying to work out if people in general would get it (my girlfriend didn't) or is just too obscure?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Update

Despite still not really being too convinced on this one I have gone ahead regardless..

I'll work on the portrait next and then just submit rather than spend too much time on it. Do you think I can try and shoehorn this in under the Science challenge? On the scientific principle of eh, life imitates art and, you know, culture dish..

Any other improvements that come to mind for anyone?

Watch this
Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

Haha! Yeah, I'm not sure how many will get it, but you never know. For instance, there's a seller on etsy that does really well selling petri dish soaps. Etsy and threadless= apples and oranges, but still, it's always interesting to see what there's a market for.

phraze
phraze profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the feedback Pyne, sounds like the etsy shop is probably pretty niche so that probably doesn't bode well for this! Now that I've actually removed the photograph I'm worried that it's even less obvious what it's supposed to be.

berlynhubler
berlynhubler profile pic Alumni

I think the concept might be clearer if the petri dish was more recognizable. For me, the pink and green throw it off. Maybe something more like this?

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

I like the new version! I worry about how many people know what a culture is even if they recognize a petri dish. Maybe if there was a different and/or additional way to sell culture (the arts/social kind) so the viewer had easier clues? I dunno, I keep coming up with agar jokes, so I'm probably zero help to you.

I was psyched to see a science challenge, but keep coming up with ideas that would be hilarious to dozens of people :(

berlynhubler
berlynhubler profile pic Alumni

I think the concept is great and honestly don't think it is that obscure. There are a lot of concepts in the science challenge (i.e. Schrodinger's cat) that I wouldn't expect people to get. Just make the petri dish more recognizable - maybe it needs more dimension too?

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

Missed berlynhubler's post- I agree.

No account?