Close
One second...

LONDON MEET-UP!!!! ................Tumbleweed..................

Well, the night after the day before that followed the night before that is finally upon us, The epic London Meet up that yielded so much promise yet only managed two attendees is over, the bar tab has been settled, all £23 of it, camera batteries are still full, buffet uneaten and party poppers remain un-popped.

Yet meeting Sir Jimmy was an awesome experience and its always great to finally meet the people behind the art, I look forward to meeting many more of you other Threadless folk on my future travels and maybe i will attend an Official Threadless event next time to ensure people actually turn up.

Oh well, back to normality i guess

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Reschedule to July 2014 and I may have a chance of making it. Unless I win $50k or something... godammit, Australia's so far from everything ( except NZ, and SE Asia, and Antarctica)

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

If you ace that game show of yours then i EXPECT you to be there Mike, also, good luck :-)

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

hahaha, the count of Kronenbergs were 9x 660ml bottles! I can't wait for this, November sounds good :D

mip1980

The first of many Bumps

stubby43

I'm tempted.

littlem

I'll be there in spirit!

Twiggyhall

Is Rupert Grint going to be there???

mip1980

No, no gingers allowed!! Unless they are extremely talented artists

mip1980

Having just scrolled down and saw the Grint post, he can come as long as he doesn't talk about Harry Potter, this is a wizard free zone

JIMDAHOUSECAT
1 design submitted -

bump o clock

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

It sounds great! London is not so far from where I live, but I can't this year :(

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

As long as you still respect me in the morning I'm up for it, and by 'it' I mean casual sex of course.

mip1980

Of course, after all this a form of grooming. Sir Chris will be there!!!!

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

Let me think about it.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I could maybe swing it come springtime, but not in November sadly. Also, a London meetup in November? You guys enjoy being constantly drenched in icy drizzling rain?

celandinestern

I could maybe swing it come springtime, but not in November sadly. Also, a London meetup in November? You guys enjoy being constantly drenched in icy drizzling rain?

mip1980

Well i personally like it when it rains and to be honest for the northern folk, November in London will still feel like spring to them. If this one goes well then i am sure a spring one could be arranged :-)

Wharton

Fog, rain, jack the ripper, Winter is when London is at its finest. Top hats and frock coats, canes and pocket watched, whats not to like.

celandinestern
Wharton said:

Fog, rain, jack the ripper, Winter is when London is at its finest. Top hats and frock coats, canes and pocket watched, whats not to like.

fair enough, I'll bring my fuchsia kid gloves.

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni

Might be able to , depends on when and where it is? Will it be in the week or at the weekend?

mip1980

weekend i think is more likely as we all work, i will try and narrow down a date this week :-)

mip1980

weekend i think is more likely as we all work, i will try and narrow down a date this week :-)

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Sounds great, I would love to join in. put me down as a maybe though - it all depends on how life goes should my now 10 day overdue baby ever decide to make an appearance!

mip1980

Will do Digs, hope to see you there for some light refreshments ;-)

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Man I wish I could be there:(

mip1980

You will be there in spirit :-)

littlem
digsy said:

Sounds great, I would love to join in. put me down as a maybe though - it all depends on how life goes should my now 10 day overdue baby ever decide to make an appearance!

my first baby was 10 days late! good luck!

mip1980

Date set, will you be there or will you be square, or dead or whatever excuse you have to not make it :-)

Abstract Matter

Heyyyy, unless i'm permabanned from any Threadless gatherings for unknown reasons i'll try and be there! As long as it's on a weekend I can catch a train down, but if it's through the week i'll be in uni.

mip1980

The more the merrier :-)

Right guys and gals, Any suggestions on places to meet in London and what we should get up to? Anyone else interesting in joing our small but elite gathering?

Wharton

Yeah, I'm still 'Mad for it' as our Northern counterparts would say. If you want to get proper hammered with some crazy Belgian beer theres always Lowlander http://www.lowlander.com/ guaranteed alcoholic armageddon.

The book club in Shoreditch is quite nice, they have a ping pong table too where you can smash the living daylights out of some strangers. http://www.wearetbc.com/

To be honest its been ages since I've been out, so I've no idea whats hep to the beat.

mip1980

Awesome ideas Sir Wharton, as always you have delivered a truly great couple of locations. This will be a good meet up for sure, now if only i knew how to boost the numbers from 4 to 400. Come on all you UK'ers, lets get this party started!!!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

would i still be able to attend even if i don't have one of these?

mip1980

Hmmm, its debatable but i think we can make an exception :-)

littlem

oh dang. i'll be busy that evening. have fun!

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

Still thinking...

JIMDAHOUSECAT
1 design submitted -

I'm being a cheap skate and i'm getting the coach down. On the up side it's only costing me 22 quid but the journey is 6 hours EACH WAY :(

mip1980

Thats nothing, i am getting there with the power of carrier pigeons

JIMDAHOUSECAT
1 design submitted -
mip1980 said:

Thats nothing, i am getting there with the power of carrier pigeons

^^^ haha.

Also I have no tips about places to go to but my sister (who is a "Londoner") is coming so she can offer a few suggestions on the day.

mip1980

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

mip1980

November and still no facial hair!!!!!!! COME ON

JIMDAHOUSECAT
1 design submitted -

bout a week to go. i'm super excited :D

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

is this still on?

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I think Michael and Jim are meeting up and that's it.

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

you jerks bailed?!

JIMDAHOUSECAT
1 design submitted -

Yeah that's it, it'll still be good to hangout with a fellow Threadlesser. Going for a few cheeky afternoon beers.

JIMDAHOUSECAT
1 design submitted -

Mip1980 is such a great guy. Definitely going for going for beers again

JIMDAHOUSECAT
1 design submitted -

I'm pissed but had a great time :)

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

Wish I was there

goliath72