Close
One second...

Which colours look best on which colour shirts?

Hi all,
Sorry if this has been covered before... I searched a good while so hopefully it hasn't!

I'm relatively new to Threadless (and illustration in general...) But have submitted a couple of designs. I'm learning heaps with each new design, so thanks very much for helping me grow as an artist.

But one thing I'm really struggling with is working on a design, then dragging it into the template and suddenly having all the colours look completely washed out. I assume this has to do with how they're printed, but is there a trick to getting the colours I want, or to choosing colours that look best on a particular colour shirt? I've had a play in PhotoShop, including putting layers of colour in between the design and the shirt (which seems to work), but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about it.

All help and advice much appreciated!

Watch this
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

It has nothing to do with how the colors are printed and everything to do with the template being a bit crap. The layer group named Your design is set to Overlay blending mode, set it to Normal. Or use these templates, they look nicer.

KarahmelApple

Ohh, thanks!! That's really good to know.

No account?