Close
One second...

Who is from the UK?

Been on threadless for a few years now and was just wondering who is from the UK?

Watch this
P0ckets
P0ckets profile pic Alumni

I'm reppin' Norfolk. I'm pretty sure there's someone from Ipswich as well on here and Wharton lives in Plymouth

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni

I grew up in Northampton. Now live in a village in Lincolnshire.

Norfolk is great - I was in Wells a few weeks ago.

@jimdahousecat - great to see some northern folk on here.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Born in Somerset, family in Somerset & Bristol now but I lived in Southampton for most of my time in England. I went to Uni at Cambs. (not the Cambridge).

I lived in Leicestershire briefly before I went to Uni.

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Born and currently live in High Wycombe, BUckinghamshire. Went to uni at Portsmouth. Work in Central Londinium.

All hail my UK homies :-)

catdogpigduck
catdogpigduck profile pic Alumni

Lots of people are from the UK here's a short list but this isn't nearly all of them.

The Queen of England Doctor Who Benny Hill Every butler ever Alice Eve That guy at the us stop this morning

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni
catdogpigduck said:

Lots of people are from the UK here's a short list but this isn't nearly all of them.

The Queen of England Doctor Who Benny Hill Every butler ever Alice Eve That guy at the us stop this morning

hahahaha

littlem

i am!

i'm from the UnKnown!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
louisroskosch said:

i am. it was so warm recently... everything does a 180 when we have nice weather, it was great!

I thought you were in Taiwan Louis, Are you back already?

I'm the carrot crunching South West (Plymouth, as P0ckets pointed out) but I live in London now.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I've heard it often said that London is too expensive and too crowded for a lot of people to live in, but from a tourist's perspective, few cities compare to it. In my very short time there, I felt totally enthralled and inspired by the city. Maybe I just felt some weird connection to my ancestral homeland that I can't properly articulate. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could.

stubby43
melmike said:

I've heard it often said that London is too expensive and too crowded for a lot of people to live in, but from a tourist's perspective, few cities compare to it. In my very short time there, I felt totally enthralled and inspired by the city. Maybe I just felt some weird connection to my ancestral homeland that I can't properly articulate. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could.

I hated it, I lived in a cheap room in a shared house, it was cold, damp and because we were trying to save money we rarely had the heating on, often only for an hour at a time even in the winter (there was snow), travel is expensive a weekly pass is coming up to about £40, so the reality is if your in a low paying job you can barely afford rent, afford food and travel and it leaves nothing for entertainment.

If I'd had managed to get a better paying job it might have been better but everyone I knew was incredibly proud of how cheap they were managing to live and for me that's not a lifestyle I want.

For what I was paying in London, in Manchester I could get a newly refurbished 1 bedroom apartment.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni
stubby43 said:
melmike said:

I hated it, I lived in a cheap room in a shared house, it was cold, damp and because we were trying to save money we rarely had the heating on, often only for an hour at a time even in the winter (there was snow), travel is expensive a weekly pass is coming up to about £40, so the reality is if your in a low paying job you can barely afford rent, afford food and travel and it leaves nothing for entertainment.

If I'd had managed to get a better paying job it might have been better but everyone I knew was incredibly proud of how cheap they were managing to live and for me that's not a lifestyle I want.

For what I was paying in London, in Manchester I could get a newly refurbished 1 bedroom apartment.

I've lived in some pretty shabby places in my time and most of them are in London. I live in a nice place now, but it took a while to get here and my girlfriend has a swanky job. London is an inspiring place but it also demands a lot in return; cost of living, travel, intensity of living etc. But theres plenty to do as Samuel JOhnson once said "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life", but he was an old dude living in an old time with mattresses full of cash, so I'm not sure that applies anymore.

Farnell
Farnell profile pic Alumni

@Farnell: Mip1980 is organising a meet up. You game?

yeah maybe, depends on when and where. i don't live in London, but can get to central london on the train in 1 hour 15mins from Grantham - do it quite a bit for work stuff so I might be able to incorporate it with something and stay down for the evening for some beers.

London is great - but am married with 2 kids - so being out of the city in a nice little English village is great for us. I work in Nottingham.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Sounds exactly like what I often hear, that London is great to visit, but not to live there unless you're loaded.

No account?
Join Us