Close
One second...

my 1st design for main threadless challenge- tell me what you think.

Sup guys! I decided to join the main Threadless challenge.. the free for all concept, so this is what my lovely brain gave me.. a "Mistaken identity" sometimes it's not all about fireflies, flies do overtime too. =D i already sub it.. but not up for scoring yet. So.. tell me what you think? ^_^

Watch this
kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

bump

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni

The art is super nice. I would prefer a more centered placement. For me, the concept is either weak or I don't fully get it, not entirely sure. You obviously got skills.

ivanrodero

Looks good man, A little bit big but good but why the weird Tee location?

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni
Musarter said:

The art is super nice. I would prefer a more centered placement. For me, the concept is either weak or I don't fully get it, not entirely sure. You obviously got skills.

My Concept is all about the mistaken identity when it comes to fireflies.. you thought you always see fireflies flying around with glowing butts.. but some of them is just a hard working fly. =D lol thank you, Musater.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni
ivanrodero said:

Looks good man, A little bit big but good but why the weird Tee location?

just experimenting with the placement.. and just thought that it would look great placing it there. i tried putting it on the center but didn't work for my eyes. XD

Manupix

Is the helmet a photograph? Doesn't look consistent.

At first I thought it wasn't needed at all, then I wondered if you meant it to be a fireman hat? (which it is not) That might or might not be an interesting twist to the concept.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

i just got reference on it.. but i made it realistic as possible so i would be noticed right away, it's a hard hat, more on industrial hat. i think i should made it yellow.. XD

Manupix

Far too realistic IMO, esp the reflection: there isn't supposed to be a light source up in the sky, amirite?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Nice, but a little dark. The lighting on the fly could have been stronger. And I don't like the placement either. If there's no real reason to put the print in the armpit, don't! Also halftones look better when they're made in some other angle than 90 degrees.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

if i did not get the reflection.. the helmet would be so flat and wouldn't be recognize easily as a hard hat. =D Just to depict a fly that do overtime.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

Thanks Morki, i'm just new at halftones.. in fact i just used it hear. lol

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

here* sorry

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni

I LOVE THIS!!!

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

thanks Goliath =D

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Your foreground and background images are overlapping and confusing my eyes. Can we see a large version without presentation elements? I agree with everyone else about the placement. I agree with goliath72, this is a cool piece, for me.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

just ignore the text. =D

SteveOramA
SteveOramA profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

cool design just too dark. i would like to see the character more.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

the character is flat black, the only thing that gives the fly dept is the projected light and environment light. i was after reducing my color count.. just 3 colors black, yellow and white. i'm just a new guy here and looking at the shirts that being printed here are just have few colors in it.. sometimes i'm confused how to render my art.. weather i'm going to put lots of colors in it.. or just follow the mainstream shirt that are being printed?

Elma e Francis

I like it. But agree with Manu: the helmet just don't feet with the general illustration style. Also it looks a bit "decentralized" in the head.

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

i Agree also, maybe i should have adjusted it more and made the white reflection a halftone rather than pure brush strokes. =)

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Just throwing this out there. What if you just swapped the yellow and the black on the character?

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni

it would defeat the purpose of the lantern. =D

MudgeStudios
MudgeStudios profile pic Alumni
8 designs submitted - Score now!

I would like this design better if it were centered and the halftones were treated differently- definitely need to be at a different angle. Maybe introduce more yellow onto the fly to lighten him up some. I also like that you used only 3 colors- no need for any more.

rickyarianto
MudgeStudios said:

I would like this design better if it were centered and the halftones were treated differently- definitely need to be at a different angle. Maybe introduce more yellow onto the fly to lighten him up some. I also like that you used only 3 colors- no need for any more.

agree... I think it would be better centered...

kzjl
kzjl profile pic Alumni
MudgeStudios said:

thanks Mudge, your right maybe i shouldn't use the halftone for the yellow.. it was more clearer and lighter before, but i already submitted it. hehe.. =)

No account?
Join Us