One second...

Emo Cloud is Up! Vote or he will be sad. :(

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I would say lose the text and the guy. The emo hair and bummer-face on a raincloud conveys your concept strongly enough already without the extra stuff.

vectored_life
foodstampdavis said:

I would say lose the text and the guy. The emo hair and bummer-face on a raincloud conveys your concept strongly enough already without the extra stuff.

Agreed. I think the cloud character by itself is enough of a design for a start.

FoodStampDavis

You could have him among some other "happy" clouds if you want a little more going on. perhaps they could be slightly faded into the background. Or that may end up too busy.

The shine on the hair here looks great, by the way.

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

You could have him among some other "happy" clouds if you want a little more going on.

that would be great I think!

Steger
Steger profile pic Alumni

I would make the cloud look a little more cloud like. thought it was a potato at first glance.

Wolfgang8885

The cloud just feels too simple to stand on its own. Ill play around with adding happy clouds in the bg, or something. Thanks for the tips!

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
Akaka said:

You could have him among some other "happy" clouds if you want a little more going on.

totally!

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni
foodstampdavis said:

This was my first thought as well. Maybe little arms with some spiky leather cuffs to fill out the character a bit more?

FoodStampDavis
TheInfamousBaka said:
foodstampdavis said:

This was my first thought as well. Maybe little arms with some spiky leather cuffs to fill out the character a bit more?

The cuffs would be a nice detail

Wolfgang8885

Ok, So the concept about emo cloud over your head is the problem. Its not strong enough. I like the idea of just highlighting the emo cloud among other happier clouds. Thanks guys! You saved me!

Wolfgang8885

Update #1

So here is my first update.

I added a cloud behind him creating a rainbow. I am still working on his right arm, and I am gonna put another cloud on the other end of the rainbow.

Oh and I think im gonna get rid of his legs and shoes. Just so I dont have to make legs and shoes for the other two clouds...

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

Awe poor guy he so sad... personally i like the legs and shoes it adorable. My suggestion would be a smaller outline or a different color closer to your object maybe a darker gray outline on the emo cloud. It's looking great. Another suggestion would be to have the blonde hair on the back cloud to have rainbow colored hair. :)

Wolfgang8885

Thanks! I used your advice on the boy cloud on the type. I dont much like the rainbow hair for him..too much rainbow. But here he is with more color and some shading.

Wolfgang8885

Ugh typos. I meant the boy cloud on the top*

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

He looks better more cheerier!

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

I miss the clouds leg and shoes :(

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

The more i look at the sad cloud the sadder i feel lol

Wolfgang8885
Christina.A.art said:

The more i look at the sad cloud the sadder i feel lol

Hahaha! Look at the happy one hurry! :) Ill still see if I should keep the legs or not. Depends how they all look with legs and all that. Working on the third cloud, ill update soon!

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

Nice is the black star like a tattoo on the gray cloud? what if you tried soft blue outline with the rainbow

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

You could keep the emo legs and shoes the same ... you could give the blue cloud flip-flops and if your third cloud is female you could give her high-heels

Wolfgang8885

Ok here is another update. I am so tired of looking at clouds... lol

Wolfgang8885

Oh and here he is with legs!

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

LEGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOL

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

I think that black cloud is really speaking to me.

Wolfgang8885

What if I get rid of the rainbow and just make them saying something like Cheer Up!

The positioning on a chest would be weird the way it is now so I repositioned them.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
Akaka said:

soloyo
Wolfgang8885 said:

What if I get rid of the rainbow and just make them saying something like Cheer Up!

The positioning on a chest would be weird the way it is now so I repositioned them.

best one so far

soloyo

make the happy clouds less complicated, the main characther is the emo cloud after all

Wolfgang8885
soloyo said:

make the happy clouds less complicated, the main characther is the emo cloud after all

Alright thanks!

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

Hello, Personally i like the rainbow its spreads the characters out more they're to close together in my opinion. I'm still sticking up for the legs and shoes it's what really makes this design more unique. Anyways wolf how's the design coming along?

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

Random thought just came to mind its like the clouds in the back are singing.. If you like that idea you could add music note clouds and maybe the emo cloud could have arms like plugging his ears. Do clouds have ears you might ask "YOU BETCHA!"

Wolfgang8885

Hey thanks for checking in. I got tired of looking at it so taking a break. Last time I looked at it, I had placed the rainbow as a slide, and I have both clouds sliding down having fun. What do you think of this concept? Ill post a pic of what it would look like tonight when I get home from work.

:)

phraze
phraze profile pic Alumni

I thought maybe one of the happy clouds could be giving him a pat on the back to cheer him up a bit.

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

I think the focus needs to be the emo cloud- forget the other clouds and rainbows and slides etc, I personally see no reason for them. I would just have the main cloud and hocus on improving the artwork of that - tweak the shape and get rid of the gradients to start with

Wolfgang8885

Its actually not a gradient, its brush work with splatter brushes and darks and lights.

And the more I think about it, the more im not loving the other clouds. Now im back to square one with this damn design!!!! GRRRRR

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni

i has a sad :(

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

Ah, Sorry, it looks like it would need gradients to print it. Either way I would drop the style and just use some solid colours - I really think a simple emo cloud in 2 colours is all you need here - sometimes less is better

Wolfgang8885

Hahahah, nice emo memes. ^_^

Thanks Digsy, Ill mess with it some more!

Wolfgang8885

Update Final Version posted.

Took a long break from looking at this. About to sub.

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

He's still cute looks like hes raining some black tears. I dont think it needs the text but thats just me :) goodluck wolf

radiomode
radiomode profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

The gradient (both on hair and cloud) looks odd. Without the title I would probably not guess it is a cloud because overall shape is oval. Reference for cloud shape:

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

That looks like dust more than rain. I really think simple is the way to go with this - the image above being an excellent example of how well that can work. I don't necessarily think the cloud needs tone as round as the one above but the sides/cheeks are too round and fat st the mo - I would taper them down a bit.

Wolfgang8885

Ok, thank you guys. I know you were right. Here he is more cloudlike. No dust/rain

digsy
digsy profile pic Alumni

i feel like i have nothing good to say, but thats only because i think this could be really strong if done right so I'm just trying to help honestly! anyway - drop the text, it's not necessary and distracting, it doesn't add anything I don't think.
i still don't like the shading which looks like gradient whether it it or not - solid colours would work far more cleanly on this, and i'm not certain a darker shading is even necessary. have a look at randyotters stuff - i really think this could work in a flatter simpler style like his. also the shape - he's still quite bulgy. I just googled "cartoon clouds" and came up with this which is kind of what i pictured.

i'm also aware that sometimes people come in with suggestions for a WIP that you just don't agree with, and I'm quite aware I may be that person this time round! So lets consider these my last thoughts on the matter unless you make any major changes. good luck!

taz-pie

it still looks like a lumpy potato to me.

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -
Wolfgang8885 said:

Ok, thank you guys. I know you were right. Here he is more cloudlike. No dust/rain

DONE SUBMIT IT ALREADY!

Christina.A.art
1 design submitted -

If you want the text keep if not don't. People have good ideas but at some point what's your vision. Goodluck

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?