Close
One second...

Early blogging memories

So I was just reminsicing about this a few days ago, remembering how Chelly was among the first people to make me feel welcome hera nd stuff. So I got to thinking a bit and maybe get you thinking a bit.

Among the very first people I remember being nice to me were Chelly, Ethan (professore) and Evan (frickinawesome). Followed not too long by Alvin (chipmnk), Amy (kookaberry), Danmaltz (maltzmania), Sam (biobotsomething), Dee (wardrobeinharrypotter) Pizzaz (no real name remembered) and maybe a few more I'm forgetting at this point.

Omair (ipear) was probably the first guy I instantly liked, even though we didn't hang out much, but I loved his posts and humor and stuff, also Torasteve (torakamasutra) and Mitch (spacefuck). Though it took me a few months to actually know when Mitch was being serious or not, then I realized he was always serious.

Kneil (roadkill, I think), MartinK and Mathiole were among the first designers that I started stalking and shit.

I'm pretty sure Ethan was the first guy I started calling by his real name (and viceversa), followed closely by Dee and Amy.

So, who's your early peeps?

*Usernames used cause I'm not sure who's still active or if the newer guys know the older guys by name and shit.

**There may have been a blog like this already, but it would have been a bunch of years ago, without the newer people and shit.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
WarDrobeInSpareOom

I resent the implication that I was ever nice to you.

againstbound
againstbound profile pic Alumni

I meant that you didn't throw your yoghurt at me on "throw your yoghurt at the new guy day". Though it could have been because you had already thrown it at someone else.

againstbound

Also, what ever happened to throw your yoghurt at the new guy day? They keep taking the fun stuff out of the forums and then wonder why people don't come back.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

It turned into "toss you dentures at the new guy" and the the old fogies ran out of dentures, and then took a nap, and I forgot what I was talking about.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Tracerbrian was always very welcoming and he helped me build my computer that I'm still using. The video game blog helped me get to know you and Omair better. :-)

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I remember being SOOO intimidated by ToraSteve and Omair, 'cause they were such cool guys, and I'm not a cool guy.

I think you might actually have been one of the first people to refer to me by my actual name. I remember someone kept calling me WDISO, and I was all, whaaaaat.

Twiggyhall

Frickin'Evan was the first person to be nice to me and wanted to do a collab with me. Which was amazing to me cause my early designs were such crap.

Then I made really close friends in the Percentage Blowwwg: Marbs/Aubrey, Courtney Pie, Lordog/Lori and Kitten/Steph and Wotto/Craig...who are now married with a kid :)

Oh and Maltzy and I used to be silly together

And Toby was my first Threadcrush....lol how dorky

Sarcasticatbest

Ethan is busting a lotta cherries in this blog. He was the first person to speak to me in the blogs and the first person to comment in a blog I made.

lunchboxbrain
lunchboxbrain profile pic Alumni

Chelly, squintygirl, frickenawesome, Raid71, FESTA and a few other folks made me feel very welcome here when I first joined the Threadfam 7 (gasp!) years ago. I'm still grateful to them for their kindness and all of the awesome Threadless experience I've had since then.

narwhals14

Manupix was the first person to comment on a blog I made. He was also the first person to be nice to me here.

againstbound

Whaaat, for real, Dee? But you had already been here for quite a while.

Damn right, Tiff those gaming videos bring the people together!

againstbound

And I think Mezostef was the first girl to make me think #damn, that's a hot chick", then I realized it was all hot chicks here. Except Mitch, he's a beautiful, soulful woman.

Twiggyhall

mezo IS hawt. Troof.

Mitch is just hairy. And horny.

Evan_Luza
Evan_Luza profile pic Alumni

I don't know alot of you guys like that but I've seen your names with every 5 and comment I give out, in addition to spreading cat .gifs through the forums.

V calahan is someone I admired alot, and we even collaborated eventually! I closely followed alexmdc's work, in addition to Dina's, Budi, Nathanwpyle, dandingeroz, frickinawesome, just to say some. But theres so many hard hitters around these parts, yourself included my friend!

littlem

hullo. i'm new!

againstbound

Thanks, Evan!

littlem said:

hullo. i'm new!

Hey there, I'll give you a tour of the place, take my hand, it's the one grabbing your butt.

littlem

i'll take your other hand then

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

For a long time, I only ever went into the Slogan Club, because I thought the artists here were so good, I would never be able to actually submit designs. After spending five years here, I'm more sure of that than ever. But I'm also stupider, and more open to crashing and burning.

So, because of club, FRICKINAWESOME, Maltzmania, and nintechno were I think the first people to tell me they liked my slogans and make me feel swell. Of course you, too, Hectarine. You supported me hardcore early on, actually, and you were one of the only ones to encourage me on the design side, too. Through my slogan blog, I got to somewhat-know a few of the super intimidating designers [fatheed, spacesick, sonmi, ste7en, I'm forgetting some], because they would drop in to lend their support or tell me if they particularly liked certain ones, which was nuts for me and super cool of them. Especially because that was around the time when the slogan blogs were REALLY starting to annoy people, I think.

There were a few people who were cool to me right off, although sadly I don't remember well, anymore: shakethesheets, professorE, mz-katii [who I'm randomly really good friends with, now], NiNTH WHEEL [he was awesome to everyone], squintygirl, marblecargirl, goldensara, courtney pie, garciagirl, others I'm sorry I've forgotten. A few people came in after me, and were really cool dudes, and supported my slogans tons, and then went on to become legends [Nathan Pyle, soloyo, davidfromdallas, goliath72]. I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of people and stuff, but I always felt pretty lucky coming in as a slogan person to be embraced by really talented people that I respected.

Oh, and obligatory crushes who probably never even knew I was on Threadless: outline, InfamousBaka, courtney pie [although she was always super nice to me], Jebbie [LOL, that was shortlived].

Okay, I think that sums up my early Threadyears. Basically, I don't remember anything.

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Oh, and early blogue legends, for me: iPear, Torakamikaze, spacesick, I'm sad I've forgotten some; early design legends: gumbolimbo, mathiole, Glennz, slaterock, silverqe, Woss, Leroy Hornblower, andyg.

againstbound

Though I remember we were homies from the beginning, mang, I remember.

Also, what ever happened to Liz?

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

pilihp, realslimnatey, squeegebeckenheim, angelito, and littlem were really nice to me back then. when i first started blogging, people like jublin, kayceislost, mezo, sonmi, spacesick, stevethegreat, and a butt load of others intimidated the hell out of me. all of those folks mentioned aren't scary at all. i don't even know why i was even afraid of them! maybe it's because i felt like they had a secret circle, and i wasn't in it. once i started talking to people, especially through the webcam chatrooms, it made things a lot easier.

some of the best memories to me in the past include the realslimnatey contests...

those were gems!

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

also, i'm afraid of you.

Manupix
narwhals14 said:

Manupix was the first person to comment on a blog I made. He was also the first person to be nice to me here.

Heh! that was like, yesterday? Also it was Annie who adopted you as her pet rock, remember?

Nichole ratkiss was the first to make me feel welcome I think, we joked about mending her wedding dress. Then TWIGGZ! She was kinda lost in a dark pub, I worried.

sweet n sour
sweet n sour profile pic Alumni

b7 and ratkiss made me fell welcome and boysbeambitious but mostly I still feel like this

taz-pie

i am scared of all of you.

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni
taz-pie said:

No, I'm scared of all of YOU, taz-pie. I got hit with the Taz-hammer multiple times right off the bat.

I've been on the forums for less than a year, but Macdoodle, Musarter, and Moosabman were very friendly and supportive. The fact that all their names begin with "m" means mothing.

goliath72 was the first to approach me with a collab idea...which still isn't done.

TheInfamousBaka was one of the first people here I was on a first-name basis with. Mechanicalrobotpower was the person on this forum that most intimidated me...along with that Wharton dude.

I started getting involved when Foodstampdavis first started making a splash, and I've been living under his shadow ever since.

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
kuro_te said:
taz-pie said:

No, I'm scared of all of YOU, taz-pie. I got hit with the Taz-hammer multiple times right off the bat.

I've been on the forums for less than a year, but Macdoodle, Musarter, and Moosabman were very friendly and supportive. The fact that all their names begin with "m" means mothing.

goliath72 was the first to approach me with a collab idea...which still isn't done.

TheInfamousBaka was one of the first people here I was on a first-name basis with. Mechanicalrobotpower was the person on this forum that most intimidated me...along with that Wharton dude.

I started getting involved when Foodstampdavis first started making a splash, and I've been living under his shadow ever since.

D'awww! :)

Paul, Baka and Lidija are sooo nice and have given some great advice that goes beyond "great, score mine" so I feel they have helped me grow.

Twiggy and Perry are two folks that have been very supportive and they are hilarious so it makes it fun for me to be here.

I remember the first time I did something that Taz thought was funny, it was like getting a print :)

taz-pie
macdoodle said:
kuro_te said:
taz-pie said:

D'awww! :)

Paul, Baka and Lidija are sooo nice and have given some great advice that goes beyond "great, score mine" so I feel they have helped me grow.

Twiggy and Perry are two folks that have been very supportive and they are hilarious so it makes it fun for me to be here.

I remember the first time I did something that Taz thought was funny, it was like getting a print :)

AHAHAHA aww you guys. i totally try not to be douchey, and just honest. i don't like to buttkiss and don't subscribe to forum wankery :/

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

That's why we love you, taz. DON'T EVER CHANGE, EVER.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

I was an ass in my early ThreadYears, I've had to work hard at fixing that but I think i'm getting things together now...

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

travis76, seriousron/ronlewis, mezo, tesko, robsoul, d3d, kayceislost, realslimnatey, stevethegreat... some of the people I can remember from way back.

I use to score every freakin submission and list what I gave them in separate threads. I know I must of pissed off a ton of people with all those zeros and ones.

Twiggyhall

I am still lost in a dark pub, Manu :p

d'awwwww Mac of the Doodles <3 right back atcha!

littlem

i don't remember

i don't recall

i've got no memories of anything at all

Twiggyhall

FILL COLON????

No. wait. Other Genesis dude.

macdoodle
Twiggyhall said:

BeanePod said:

AWWWW...twigs and doodles of mac...

I meant Twiggy Jones and Perry Mason so I don't know what you guys r talkin bout. Kidding!!

threesome?

Twiggyhall
macdoodle said:
Twiggyhall said:

BeanePod said:

AWWWW...twigs and doodles of mac...

I meant Twiggy Jones and Perry Mason so I don't know what you guys r talkin bout. Kidding!!

threesome?

I'LL BRING THE WINE

Twiggyhall
BeanePod said:

Wait a fucking minute....we were talking about Warren Zevon...

much like Perry and myself, he's easy like Sunday morning

wait. what??

macdoodle

Bwahahaha! * cheap wine squirting out nose *

Twiggyhall

Is that a tomato in your pocket or...

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?