Close
One second...

Declined. Any tips?

My design was declined with "Post a thread in the forum to get tips and helpful suggestions from other artists!" line.

So I'm posting it here, to hear your opinion.

I wanted just simple, minimalist design, what would improve it?

Watch this
Manupix

Needs a close-up!

Using fonts is usually not a good idea, and this one is bad. Hand-drawn type is the way to go.

Designs with no obvious or strong concept need to make up with amazing illos. Simple goes well with striking ideas. Not sure this balance is reached here.

pijaczaj

I like this character a lot. Manupix got a point with font. Also it may look better on grey or other color.

rickyarianto

maybe you should work in higher resolution... looks pretty pixelated for me if we have a closer look..

Fruityfructis

i agree character looks good but the font ruins everything

creative-views

I like the character but the font should be larger and maybe a different color, I agree the character looks pix elated and using higher resolution would make it look better, I also think making the character a little larger would be good too.

catdogpigduck

needs like more art and junk

Shrovetz

What font would you advise?

FYI: I am not a professional designer, nor did I have any education in design.

I just had sudden idea about T-shirt and searched for sites were I can submit my idea. This site came up. Then software for designing. Then learning about layers (yes, I had no idea). Etc., etc.

As it is everywhere, you can't just join into unfamiliar territory and have an instant appreciation and acceptance. You need to work for it.

Thank you for your opinions!

taz-pie

i am with catdogpigfuck. need moar artz

Snarfums

I would start painting at a higher resolution first. Maybe have the text in an arch.

ChrisDB

First thing, if you've got some latin on your tee and you're asking for help, tell us what the latin means please. I googled it and found it means 'Remember, that you will die.' So i guess that's a bit of your concept idea. I do like the character you've got. I would suggest having multiple characters and you could have one of them with a banner with the text on it. A triangular shaped banner, fluttering. Give it a sort of medieval look perhaps.

This Username Is Taken
ChrisDB said:

First thing, if you've got some latin on your tee and you're asking for help, tell us what the latin means please. I googled it and found it means 'Remember, that you will die.' So i guess that's a bit of your concept idea. I do like the character you've got. I would suggest having multiple characters and you could have one of them with a banner with the text on it. A triangular shaped banner, fluttering. Give it a sort of medieval look perhaps.

Seeing as this appears to have a melancholy translation it may be a good idea to include a translation in smaller writing along the image. (maybe incorporate it into the image) Seeing as you're new to design try and remember this, designs usually serve a purpose. Evoke an emotional, comical response, spike curiosity e.c.t So think about what you want this design to do, what was your idea about. Then try and figure out how to show this through your image (The translation would help evoke fear, shock, confusion, curiosity e.c.t) Goodluck, and welcome to threadless :)

biernatt

Besides being somewhat nice character (somewhat nice because in this size it's hard to judge the drawing itself) it lacks the visual link / translation / quirk of the idea which "memento mori" is (right?). I personally would try to mash-up skeletal iconography with visual representation of "remembering". If you'd get that than the typography is obsolete. How 'bout that? :) good luck

No account?