Close
One second...

New design - Deer. Need some critique.

Hello my friends!
Here's my new design
Need some critique on colors, lines, any suggestion to improve this work.
Thank you!

Deer

Watch this
kzjl

you did great. Just a suggestion.. include the horns in the shadow and if you are portraying a meat.. maybe add some bone and meat color variation inside the red. =)

Matias Corado

I don't catch the concept...

Kat Phillips

I would darken the red just a tad, and also make the pupils on the eyes a bit darker so they stand out as much as the nose and the mouth. Also, I agree with kzjl about adding horns to the shadow.

Manupix
Matias Corado said:

^this

Elma e Francis
Manupix said:
Matias Corado said:

^this

that

maxuzkikh
Elma e Francis said:
Manupix said:
Matias Corado said:

^this

that

Do you see meat here? Maybe the meat doesn't look as a meat. I'm confused.

melmike
maxuzkikh said:
Elma e Francis said:
Manupix said:
Matias Corado said:

^this

that

Do you see meat here? Maybe the meat doesn't look as a meat. I'm confused.

Oh it looks like meat... and

^ all that

melmike

To put it another way, imagine this conversion.

Friend 1: Hey, I'm designing a new tee for Threadless. Friend 2: Oh yeah, what is it? Friend 1: It's a piece of meat with antlers and and legs and a face. I made him all cute and juicy.

Friend 2's most likely response would be:

a) Sounds great! b) I see... so you've taken two separate yet loosely connected things and mashed them together to make a subtle yet ironic comment on an issue of the day. c) I don't get it. d) Why?

gamescanbe

I like the idea! As a personal suggestion, I'd use thicker lines, and I'd also consider the possibility to make them black. I agree with the others about working on the shadow and on the details of the meat. I'd be curious to see an updated version!

Matias Corado

Yeah...I see meat, but...which is the concept behind a piece of meat with deer horns?

I don't get it. It is suposed to have some kind of twist that I can't understand?

rickyarianto

looks cute... perhaps you should make the message clearer?

melmike

Is it that meat is dear, as in expensive?

Chevinster

I don't have the knowledge to tell what's wrong with this design or judge whether this is good or bad, but i can share what I consider before making a tee design. 1. will my design blend with a tee shirt 2. will someone would were a tee with my design 3. if i'm trying to give a message with the design, I will ask from few people whether my message is visible without my words. 4. will my design have a chance with other designs

Good Luck

evacar1177

Simple yet intriguing. Reminds me of something I would see at a skate shop. The shadow of the deer is a nice touch. If I were creating this image, I might exaggerate the points of the antlers for absolute clarity. Up to you! Nice job.

bortwein

Has anyone suggested adding a Lion character standing there looking at him, yet? This could have that sort of randyotter3000 joke feel to it f it was done right.

maxuzkikh

Thank you guys! I will finish it soon at free time from my job. Thanks for your feedback! )))

colejamo

I think a little more work on the shadow would help a lot. Maybe try making the shadow into the shape of the meat and include the antlers, arms and legs. This would make it even better... already looks good!

soloyo-collabs

Besides everything else that has been said, deers don't stand up on 2 feet they usually rely on all 4 of them to stand.

No account?