Close
One second...

So I painted this water color picture... Is that still OK to upload?!

I don't have a high tech computer, nor do I have the proper software the pros do, BUT I do have the capability to be artistic occasionally... physically on paper. So I just wanted to ask the general question: Is my water color painting worth uploading as a submission, as long as I follow the guidelines & eventually manage to save it as a jpg? Or do all submissions require solid colors / professional standards? Just curious.

Thanks!
-Sara

Watch this
El-Be

gimpshop is free. Go and get it! The thing is that no matter how good your painting is, in order to print it Threadless are going to need it as a high resolution digital file. Go get gimp, and learn how to use it. Think of it like expanding your artistic skill set.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Is the painting small enough to be scanned? If yes, then transferring it to the computer is pretty easy. And pretty much anything can be printed one way or another. However, it might not work so well as a shirt design. A good shirt design takes into consideration the shape and color of the shirt as a canvas.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Just a few examples for you:

These two are integrated on the tee making it look like they weren't just pasted on but more like painted on the shirt:

A painting with hard edges might not do so well and will probably be criticized for being "boxy" but it can turn out alright if you consider the colors and overall shape (this one is from T-Post):

arthurlucena

Well.. I couldn't see any image in your post, Sara. Am I the only one facing this problem or you removed it?

rickyarianto
arthurlucena said:

Well.. I couldn't see any image in your post, Sara. Am I the only one facing this problem or you removed it?

Nope~

No account?
Join Us