Close
One second...

MORE OPTIONS UPDATED! WORK IN PROGRESS - Collab with Airdeh - ROCK A BYE BABY

Airdeh and Me are working on this collab featuring this rockin' baby on a rockin' horse. We would love it if you guys could help us with improving it.

Anything to be removed or simplified?

Any small details to be added? Shadows?

Which option is good with the background?

:-)

Please let us know! Thanks for your time!

INITIAL SKETCH

LINE ART

COLOR OPTION OF CHOICE - SIMPLE VERSION

UPDATED OPTION ONE WITH NEW BACKGROUND

UPDATED OPTION TWO WITH NEW BACKGROUND (SIMPLER)

Watch this
Wolfgang8885

Color Option 3 looks awesome. I dont like the shadow of the rocking horse. It doesnt look good compared to the rest. Maybe add some shadowed objects in the bg to give it another dimension? Like some blocks and maybe a little guitar or something?

Not sure about the title.

ourgraphicfaith

Thanks man! Will try and play with the changes...

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

This is great ! option 3 looks good to me too. I like the contrast of the light T to the darker design. I would try some small high lights or something on the horses legs or some where to bring the horse out just a tiny pit . I like the yellow, but I would fiddle with the shade of it to maybe something warmer orange. I'm terrible with names, but I also almost never read them when scoring so ... to me no big deal what it is. rock a by baby, maybe.

airdeh

@Wolfgang Do you mean the shadow on the rocking horse or the one on the ground? We were trying to go for something more on a 'simplistic' on a singular plane, but we're open to adding stuff in the BG too, like you mentioned - toys etc to give it more depth. Will try that and see how it goes.Thanks for your feedback! :)

@Blanca Thanks Blanca, I will play around with the yellow, and add a couple of highlights. and yes, about the name - I called it 'Rockaby Baby' too! :D

Weird, I seem to be the only one liking Option 1. LOL ;____;

ourgraphicfaith

This is great! thanks guys! Please give us more feedback...option three color combo it is then! (my favorite too)!

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

this is awesome, I agree that option 3 looks great. Something about color option 1 draws my attention though.

ourgraphicfaith

Do we need to put skin color on the third option? Thanks Theo!

airdeh

I know right, Theo! But maybe it's just because I like red... :S Hahah, thanks for the feedback man!

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

a rocker on top of a horse?

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!
ourgraphicfaith said:

Do we need to put skin color on the third option? Thanks Theo!

I'm unsure on that. I so love the idea of BW with just one color (option 3 as is) I might try the skin tone any way or switch the yellow on 3 to red and make a lighter red skin tone - hmm... the skin tone on the first one is a light too bright dark red for my taste :)

Wolfgang8885
airdeh said:

@Wolfgang Do you mean the shadow on the rocking horse or the one on the ground? We were trying to go for something more on a 'simplistic' on a singular plane, but we're open to adding stuff in the BG too, like you mentioned - toys etc to give it more depth. Will try that and see how it goes.Thanks for your feedback! :)

@Blanca Thanks Blanca, I will play around with the yellow, and add a couple of highlights. and yes, about the name - I called it 'Rockaby Baby' too! :D

Weird, I seem to be the only one liking Option 1. LOL ;____;

I was referring to the shadow on the ground under the horse. Everything is well done, but the oval shadow is too basic compared to the rest of the design. Maybe look at shadows of rocking horses on google images.

littlem

So cute! I'm at a loss for colour advice, this time! Sorry!

Kudaman

i prefer 2nd option :)

dudeowl
dudeowl profile pic Alumni

3rd one, and you can try change the yellow one to orange! it will be nicer ;) *just suggestion

Robo Rat
Robo Rat profile pic Alumni

The design pops out more on option 1. Great collab.

ourgraphicfaith

Thanks guys! this is a lot of help...Airdeh will try and play with all suggestions...we will have some updated soon!

Queeg500

Option 1 does it for me.

airdeh

WOW! Thanks for the great amount of feedback, you guys are the best! :D I'll come up with something... soon-ish and update y'all!

BluemoOnkey

rocker billy

, i love the 50ties

rickyarianto

i prefer color option 2

littlem

have you tried dark horse with orange accents? and light colored baby? so, sort of like number 1, but with orange instead of red and a lighter skin on the baby?

ourgraphicfaith

Thanks all for the help and suggestions!

johnnysPeter

i like option #1. looks GREAT!

cmasse
littlem said:

have you tried dark horse with orange accents? and light colored baby? so, sort of like number 1, but with orange instead of red and a lighter skin on the baby?

Number 1 for me but I like the sound of littlem's suggestion too.

ourgraphicfaith

So cool thanks all! Updates soon!

creative-views

I like number 3 more then I like number 1.

LukeTheScrippa

Like #1 or littlem's suggestion. what about "Born to Rock"

airdeh

Thanks for all the valuable input guys! Took them all into account and did some changes. :) I think Abby will update with other color/BG options soon.

Also, I'm thinking the title will probably be 'Rockaby Baby', or 'Born To Rock'. ;)

P.S. Sorry for taking so long with this! Been so busy with work D':

dsds

I really love the artwork, very stylish and mature :) It's great as it is, the only thing I might suggest is the background items are more 'rock' related, maybe.

ourgraphicfaith

UPDATED WITH NEW BACKGROUND OPTIONS!

El Jazz

Good design solution & good technique management, i think the background could be with warm tone just like that we can emphasize to principal character and set good contast, at the end good illustration.

If anyone wants to increase your score, i share this link: We can correspond to you score

khavall

The colors still aren't quite right in my eye. That combination doesn't make the design pop. Try a quick version with a dark background to make it stand out. Maybe use dark blue instead of black too. Good luck

angelielle

thats and awesome design :D hope to score it soon

No account?
Join Us