Close
One second...

Some guy admitted that he uses fake accounts right in the comments of his design. *FAIL*

Watch this
Manupix

Well he could be misunderstanding 'fake account', anyway this (crap copy-pasted 'designs' + fandom votes by the thousands) was to be expected from this challenge. Not scoring this for the life of me.

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Minecraft submission ... what did you expect?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I'm not sure that was what he was trying to say but the sub is shit anyway.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I'm not going near that one.

Morkki
1 design submitted -

Speaking of Minecraft dickery, here's one ripoff "artist". I'm sure there will be more.

Jordan_Bender
Jordan_Bender profile pic Alumni

Yeah I saw that one too. At least he got caught!

airdeh

Doubt he really understood what you were saying :O But that^ needs to be reported! Anyone mailed Dan yet?

Akaka
Akaka profile pic Alumni

I don't think that's what he meant to say. Second language etc.

Kittyatemycam
Morkki said:

Speaking of Minecraft dickery, here's one ripoff "artist". I'm sure there will be more.

Wow. That's horrific. How can people do stuff like that?!

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

This guy takes the cake. Top scoring design for the Aqua Teen contest right now. Nearly all the comments are from new users.

Apparently, the only two adjectives his "friends" know are "dope" and "sick".

blackhand_

Jordan, I read through the comments of the design you linked in the original post. I think all those new users are friends or subscribers from Youtube.

I mean, that's technically legit as long as they don't downvote everyone else.

airdeh

Hahahahahah. Dope! Looks pretty 'sick' though, just not liking the shirt color.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -
kuro_te said:

Jordan, I read through the comments of the design you linked in the original post. I think all those new users are friends or subscribers from Youtube.

I mean, that's technically legit as long as they don't downvote everyone else.

yes, he has 37,083 followers on YT, (and apparently a minecraft fan) Not surprising to have some of them sign up and vote for him.

--sux if your not popular anywhere. :[

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

--sux if your not popular anywhere. :[

sigh... `you are' --like me. ;p

Dan Yingling
kuro_te said:

This guy takes the cake. Top scoring design for the Aqua Teen contest right now. Nearly all the comments are from new users.

This is amazing.

airdeh

So dope that Phil Colin made an appearance too. :')

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I like it when Phil Colon takes an interest in Threadless.

Now I'm sad i didn't see the amazing douchebaggery while it was still up.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

I dunno, he seems fairly dope.

Although, I'm a little concerned that he may need to see a doctor as all his friends seem to keep mentioning his sick shits.

Dan Yingling
Kittyatemycamera said:
Morkki said:

Wow. That's horrific. How can people do stuff like that?!

Gone.

thompson98
Dan Yingling said:
kuro_te said:

This is amazing.

i especially love the overuse of the word dope. Who goes to THAT much effort! haha

yipusagu

This is a typical behavior in sites like this. The same happens in other sites like DeviantArt

blackhand_
foodstampdavis said:

I dunno, he seems fairly dope.

Although, I'm a little concerned that he may need to see a doctor as all his friends seem to keep mentioning his sick shits.

Just checked this guy's comments again. Y'all are dope A.F. So F.R.E.S.H.

unaifg
kuro_te said:

hahaha and it looks like he ran out of avatars stock

Jordan_Bender

I'm in a twitter fight right now... With him and his "followers"... Wtf

Jordan_Bender

I'm in a twitter fight right now... With him and his "followers"... Wtf

Jordan_Bender

On mobile. Sorry about the double post.

Wolfgang8885
1 design submitted -

i wish i could see it! But I am at work!

Jordan_Bender

It's so stupid. I don't know why I'm even lowering myself to his level.

Wolfgang8885
1 design submitted -

Because you have a lot of respect and dignity for real artists?

Jordan_Bender

Maybe. I just have a hard time handling people that hide behind the internet to insult people.

littlem
Dan Yingling said:
kuro_te said:

This is amazing.

no, man, it's

dope!

airdeh
littlem said:
Dan Yingling said:
kuro_te said:

This is amazing.

no, man, it's

dope!

Amen to that!

BTW, Jordan, how'd the fella get your twitter?

Jordan_Bender

My threadless profile. It's ok nothing that serious happened. Some kid just told me to "shut up" and called me a bitch. It was over pretty quick. shrugs

airdeh

Ahh. Pssssh. Glad it's over!

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -
JordanLBender said:

My threadless profile. It's ok nothing that serious happened. Some kid just told me to "shut up" and called me a bitch. It was over pretty quick. shrugs

That wasn't nice. --Glad it wasn't his whole fan base. O.o

I think the guy didnt do anything wrong in the voting process, imo that shows a slight problem in the system. (along with the fake accounts) ...if you are popular enough or a big enough cheater you could possibly win? Or does voting make no difference at all?

Jordan_Bender

This is what I told him: no matter how popular you are, threadless and Mojang will have the last word as far as what prints and wins. I was wrong about the fake accounts but the title, the "design", the # of facebook likes and comments and the overall score just screamed red flag to me.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -

What if Threadless is about being a business and decides that a person with that big of a fan base will probably sell a bunch of his shirts.... O.O

I can see how it would seem suspicious at first. --I think its very cool how the Threadless peoples here stick together and call out the rip off 'artists' :]

Manupix
Jayme Art said:

What if Threadless is about being a business and decides that a person with that big of a fan base will probably sell a bunch of his shirts....

It happened before. Not too often, fortunately. I don't blame them either, I trust their business sense more than mine ;)

Morkki
1 design submitted -
Manupix said:
Jayme Art said:

What if Threadless is about being a business and decides that a person with that big of a fan base will probably sell a bunch of his shirts....

It happened before. Not too often, fortunately. I don't blame them either, I trust their business sense more than mine ;)

There is of course the difference that those designs weren't just copy pasted crap.

JaymeArt
1 design submitted -
Morkki said:
Manupix said:
Jayme Art said:

There is of course the difference that those designs weren't just copy pasted crap.

I see. I need to start working on my social skills :D

srsly, If I was in business, I'd probably think about business stuff too.

RushXII

Seriously glad that Threadless has the final say for reasons like that. ._.

caspertheghost

why didn't this design get declined to begin with?

No account?
Join Us