Close
One second...

SHIT FART DICK CRAP FUCK

score 2.50. 230 ones.

score 2.60. 243 ones.

score 3.08. 334 ones. (had to work hard to even out all those fives).

2332 scores - out of them 734 fives and 948 ones. Battle of the Asshats.

1446 votes - out of them 408 fives and 699 ones.

It goes on and on.

Fuck you downvoters, fuck you and your mothers and your pets. I hope you all get blood clots.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Damn. Looks like teen girls with bad taste have too much time on their hands

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I am so beyond pissed off. I know I shouldn't let it get to me and I know they know it's all shite and I know they won't consider the assholes when picking winners but none of that makes me feel better. I want these asshats to burrrrrrn.

I wanted to know my actual score on this one. Now I never will.

FightingFit

I'll see your 230 ones and raise you 486...ouch! Ended up with 2.52 and 176 fives.

Fuck you downvoters, fuck you and your mothers and your pets. I hope you all get blood clots.

I've got to say the above cheered me up a treat though...lol!

I genuinely liked and voted on your design but like that counts ; )

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

what a bunch of cunts!!!!

celandinestern

176 fives is great work, I only got 83 :)

things like this make scores completely meaningless for everyone. It's super annoying. Even those who did good end up with nothing to be proud of.

Wolfgang8885

Thats such bullshit. Those haters are low lifes. They are serious losers, who probably dont know anything about life except being dicks!

Your first design, with the same sex theme, is amazing! It should have been beyond a 3 on average. Those 1s are such a shame, but at least they cant take away your talent! Oh and at least the 3.08 design did nicely! THat has to be a print!

:(

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

It gets me every time - I really feel for you. I've decided not to enter any more challenges starting from Tuesday this week. Jeff said they are doing something about it, I'm going to wait until then.

I STILL think taking the top scoring page away would put an immediate stop to this, bunch of bollocks, trend.

celandinestern

Alice's design would probably have scored above 3.70 if it hadn't been for the assholes, maybe even higher. Mine would have probably been around 3.05, judging by the number of votes vs. number of fives. The point is we shouldn't have to guess.

airdeh

Eeeesh. Crazed teen fan downvoting. Probably got their friends and families to vote on their subs and crap on the rest. I have seen too many comments on really bad subs. :/

Well, despite the low averages and many ones, at least there weren't too many shit entries in the first 3 pages? Most of the subs I scored 3 - 5 ended up there.

celandinestern
quick-brown-fox said:

It gets me every time - I really feel for you. I've decided not to enter any more challenges starting from Tuesday this week. Jeff said they are doing something about it, I'm going to wait until then.

I STILL think taking the top scoring page away would put an immediate stop to this, bunch of bollocks, trend.

I agree on not showing the top scoring designs in order - at least let the bastards guess. Anything to deter them.

I actually asked Jeff about this very competition, and of course he confirmed there was a ton of ones, and they were looking into it. I really believe the staff are doing what they can, and I do have faith they will come up with a solution. But it still burrrrrns me.

Maybe I'm petty, I dunno. But I keep track of my scoring averages. This drags it wayyyy down. I know in the global scheme of things it doesn't matter, but..... I still hope they all get blood clots.

celandinestern
airdeh said:

Eeeesh. Crazed teen fan downvoting. Probably got their friends and families to vote on their subs and crap on the rest. I have seen too many comments on really bad subs. :/

Well, despite the low averages and many ones, at least there weren't too many shit entries in the first 3 pages? Most of the subs I scored 3 - 5 ended up there.

I think it's a lot more systematic than that - nobody has 900 family and friends willing to vote. They make fake accounts used exclusively for downvoting other designs and upvoting their own. It's the only way you're ever gonna get 2000 plus votes on a basically shit design.

Yeah my favorites were on the first three pages too, but well mixed in with a buttload of crap or just plain old mediocrity.

I was also really disappointed how pretty much everyone just drew the faces of Tegan and Sara. I mean come on people, heartthrob, passion, love? All you can come up with is the faces of the artists? If I were a singer last thing I'd want on a promotional tee is my face.

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni

downvoters are chicken asses

celandinestern

hahahahah lol chicken asses :D I like that :D

next time someone pisses me off I'm calling them a chicken ass.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni

I don't think you're petty, scores in most cases are the full stop in the design process.

Matias Corado

Fucking downvoters!!!! A few days ago, someone complained about the critique in her sub arguing that "Tegan and Sara is a challenge for FANS, bla bla bla bla", trying to justify that not all of them are designers or illustrator. Obviously...that shit doesn't make sense, her design was horrible.

Anyway, I noticed that is really hard to get a good amount of votes (including with an aceptable design) because of the way that subs are ordered. New entries push older entries away. I think that entries must be ordered with old subs first and new subs later.

celandinestern

I'm pretty sure that before when you started voting you'd get the entries served to you in random order, and now they're chronological, which means the ones that go up lastest of the last are in a way in the best position. But that doesn't bother me one way or another. I don't much care if I get 300 or 800 voters. But I want to know what they really think.

I just looked through the other music contests - arcade fire, flaming lips etc. Those produced such an amazing collection of really different and interesting artwork. And they had some downvoting, but nothing similar to this.

The contest is to design a tee, so saying it's 'for fans' is dumbass. It's for fans who know how to make a good design. You don't win by being the biggest fan.

Blehhhh. I should stop getting so worked up.

celandinestern
quick-brown-fox said:

I don't think you're petty, scores in most cases are the full stop in the design process.

this.

airdeh

^Exactly. Damn fans. At least learn how to draw before you submit something. Not piss all over the contest with your petty 'I know them best, because i'm their #1 fan' mentality.

It would be a win-win if you were a fan and a designer. But at least designers do a bit of research into the theme/subject they're not familiar with before subbing (I do, don't you?) . And even if it weren't an accurate depiction in the end, it sure as hell looks good.

Matias Corado

Yeah...probably, but a good amout of votes will be nice in the running for get printed.

I mean...you sent a sub, treadless staff approved it, so started running the 7 days to score. But next day new subs are approved. Instead of displaying new subs after the older ones, these subs are displayed before. So...order subs got too far away. It isn't much fair. I think that not all the people take the job of navigating to page 10 for example.

Also, sorting subs based on average score isn't the best. Why? Simple: 1 vote = 5 / Average score: 5 3 votes (5 - 2 - 2) / Average score: 9/3= 3 Average scores are based in amount of votes. So, a sub can have few votes than other, but anyway cand have better average score.

Matias Corado

Why the fuck isn't possible to edit comments!!!! Grrrr...

celandinestern
nyenyerejunior said:

and picku materi:)

AHAHAHAHAHA Ok you just made me feel way better :D

Matias, true, but I find that mostly the score you get depends on the quality of your work. When I made things that were elaborate and pretty they had high scores and lots of votes - as long as there are no shennanigans the voting system works ok. Also if you have more fans/ friends on the forum you get more scores, and there is probably a bunch of other random factors too.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
Morkki said:

this

taz-pie

what is it with these 13yr old lesbians??

amirite?

El-Be

It seems simpler to just have a "vote if you like it" system (1 person, 1 vote, either vote for it or don't), I know that isn't as fun, but it does sort out the assholes who give ones to designs that deserve 5's. I refuse to believe that some of the designs on here would get any 1's at all if they were scored objectively by everyone. For example This scored a 4.29, but it got 273 ones. Who in there right mind looks at this and says "that's real shitty, I'll give it a one".?

celandinestern
taz-pie said:

what is it with these 13yr old lesbians??

amirite?

word :D

celandinestern
El-Be said:

It seems simpler to just have a "vote if you like it" system (1 person, 1 vote, either vote for it or don't), I know that isn't as fun, but it does sort out the assholes who give ones to designs that deserve 5's. I refuse to believe that some of the designs on here would get any 1's at all if they were scored objectively by everyone. For example This scored a 4.29, but it got 273 ones. Who in there right mind looks at this and says "that's real shitty, I'll give it a one".?

Much as I like the five-scale system, I agree that just voting 1+ for things you like would give truer scores. Then assholes could upvote their own pieces, but at least they couldn't downvote ours.

I'm ok with people giving even great pieces a 1 if that's how they feel. Maybe they think I missed the topic. Maybe they just hate my color choices. The only thing I'm NOT ok with is systematic downvoting.

The problem with just voting 1+ is that it becomes hard to distinguish. Like what if I sort of like a piece but don't think it's amazing? In this system I can give it a 3 or 4, in the other system I'd probably end up just skipping it.

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni
speakerine said:

downvoters are chicken asses

:D yes this and

Morkki said:

so chicken ass teen girls with too much time - put down your smart phones in class and stop taking your anger of being a teen out on good designs.

ivanrodero
quick-brown-fox said:

This is me but already... my minimalist one was my last one it doesn't worth the hassle.

celandinestern

I keep telling myself I'll stop doing challenges, but honestly I enjoy having a set topic and being forced to think creatively within a given set of parameters. It produces a different type of work than my free roaming mind does, and I think that helps me grow as an artist and dare to try new things.

But the cost is high right now.

celandinestern

by the way ivan I love your short stories :D

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
7 designs submitted - Score now!

Hahaha, Morkki and taz are so spot on.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Maybe votes should be weighted based on who's voting, where the more tshirts you've helped get printed, the more your vote counts, and likewise, if you haven't helped a single tshirt get printed, your vote shouldn't count for much.

ArTrOcItY
ArTrOcItY profile pic Alumni

I must say I don't care about scores, I really don't anymore and it's been like that for quite a while now. Actually , it's more of a defense mechanism because if I cared that much as I did before , by now , I'd go crazy. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy when I get a high score but that's so rare that I'm used to my low scores and every time I just move on, sometimes I don't even check my final score... It does help to have gazillion designs as I do though;) And it's not like my high scores got printed so whatever...

That said, as a designer and a hard worker, I do feel your pain! And you make a bloody awesome art so who cares about them haters!;)

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

^^ LOVE IT and true DAT!!!!!!

ivanrodero

Yeah I can relate to that, it's nice to play with an specific subject and try to come up wit something special but this downvoting takes out all the fun, at least for me that I don't enter in the printing range, and I don't like feeling bad specially if it is by things that I can't control, like cheating newbies, so I restrain myself and focus for now on the other stuff.

Aww you read those? haha thanks Lidija! I love to write them and is nice that someone else besides me liked them too, means a lot for me :^)

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni

fuck the haters, your work is fantastic.

taz-pie

i am in a pissy mood today. (hell, i was in a pissy mood YESTERDAY.) so, who can we troll? i would love to troll some of these kids. it would really make my day.

celandinestern

andrea I so agree. It's not that I necessarily want to have a high score. I just want to have my real scores. I don't have an issue with whose votes count for more or less or any such thing. The absolutely only one small little tiny teeeny but ever oh so important thing I want to see changed is some simple mechanism to prevent someone from making multiple accounts to shit on other people's work.

We always fall into two different issues here - one on how an individual votes (i.e. does a new person's vote count as much as a regular's, should the voting scale be changed etc) and honestly those are all academic points for me, I can see merits and demerits of different mechanisms but largely I don't much care. As long as we're all judged on the same scale, any scale is good for me.

The second issue is the simple downvoting - not people voting 1, not people getting their cousins and friends or even huge mobs of raving fans to vote one way or another. One person sitting at one computer and making account after account to downvote the competition. Those are the ones I want to see electrocuted through the keyboard.

celandinestern
taz-pie said:

i am in a pissy mood today. (hell, i was in a pissy mood YESTERDAY.) so, who can we troll? i would love to troll some of these kids. it would really make my day.

lol list the entries by highest score and take your pick :D but the comp is over so I dunno if they're even trollable now.

celandinestern
JIMDAHOUSECAT said:

fuck the haters, your work is fantastic.

thanks man :) you guys make me smile :)

randyotter3000
randyotter3000 profile pic Alumni

If your design is good enough it will print, end of story

celandinestern

oh I know that, Aaron. I'm not worried about being missed for printing. I don't even think my piece is good enough to win a competition, not yet.

I just want my GODDAMNED SCORE!!!! Like, a proper one, showing what people really thought of the piece. That's me shouting at the downvoters btw, not at you :)

taz-pie

^ true dat. i just hate cheaters.

celandinestern

hahahah steady on there :D

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni

Damn! So deflating to see the results :(

We all know the reason behind the score has nothing to do with the quality. I just wish for once an awesome design ended up with the score it deserves.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni
celandinestern said:

I keep telling myself I'll stop doing challenges, but honestly I enjoy having a set topic and being forced to think creatively within a given set of parameters. It produces a different type of work than my free roaming mind does, and I think that helps me grow as an artist and dare to try new things.

But the cost is high right now.

I totally agree with all of this.

At least with challenges you know that staff and the sponsors are going through the subs, so even the severely downvoted get a shot. The downvoting in the ongoing challenge bugs me much more- seems like some designs get buried quickly by early downvoting.

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

2.47 on mine, but what is sad is that I've come to expect the down voting with challenges like this. It's the norm now. It really shouldn't be.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
quick-brown-fox said:

I feel the same way

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
No account?
Join Us