Close
One second...

Help for my submission: Giraffe.

Well well, my submission was declined. Too bad, I think it has an interesting and catchy layout.

Here it is: won't you give me please some suggestion or ideas?

Thank you all

Watch this
Jess_UK

I like the different use of space on the t-shirt (big thumbs up!) and personally prefer the "I'm not impressed" caption I think maybe it would look better on a black t-shirt with a white image.

kaizenkris

The outline isn't neat and I don't get the caption. Just clean the outline put it on different color shirt.. and remove the caption

CaleLewis

I like the "I'm not impressed" one. Cool design and i think if you cleaned up the edges a bit maybe play with the font a bit and you'll have yourself a decent design.

Laurence de Maria

Thanks for the feedback, I am now working over it. I am refining the edges, probably inverting colours (so white giraffe on black background) and I think I will cover some space with a sort of flow of consciusness that ends up with "and overall I'm not impressed". However, I will just use my handwriting this time.

Laurence de Maria

This is the modified and refined version: yet again declined, one hour after I submitted it. Maybe it just does not fit with Threadless ironic standards? Need to clean more the edges (I like the sketchy feeling though)?

Scandycuz

Cool design, my issue with it is I just don't really get it. Probably because I'm not too familiar with giraffes. If it was a dog making the quizzical face, however, it might connect with me a lot more since that is something I'm familiar with. Just an idea.

thompson98

look at what threadless prints

Cfmenz

This one is improved. What if you just got rid of the text all together. I don't think it helps it very much and just mucks up the design. Also what about shrinking it slightly and increasing the length of the neck to emphasize that part of the giraffe. That would leave some nice negative space, which a lot of designers tend to use too much of the tee and it doesn't help the design. Also, maybe increase the weight of your lines?

Laurence de Maria
Cfmenz said:

This one is improved. What if you just got rid of the text all together. I don't think it helps it very much and just mucks up the design. Also what about shrinking it slightly and increasing the length of the neck to emphasize that part of the giraffe. That would leave some nice negative space, which a lot of designers tend to use too much of the tee and it doesn't help the design. Also, maybe increase the weight of your lines?

Thank you, this looks like interesting suggestion. I will try to submit it following your ideas. Unfortunately I'm still off the mark when it comes to meet TL aesthetics.

No account?
Join Us