Close
One second...

brightin up (update 9/28/13)

this is a wip im working on...I may change the name like maybe, I got sunshine, but the idea is that you can just take/give sunshine, sunshine representing happiness....wouldn't it be great to give and receive happiness? love to know what you think

update 9/4/13

updated 9/18/13

im not happy with the sun....how can I fix this?

wip 5

changed it to white.....is that good?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
DammDesigns

I like the concept, but it currently looks like someone throwing a frisbee. Maybe if the hand was in more of a 'giving' gesture it might fit more with your initial thought.

Christina.A.art

Hello chuck :) i would say its a cute idea.. immediately i see in the future like a cute cartooney face smiling happy or maybe how hes now pinching his cheek. It looks cheek pinching right now maybe if you want to grab and pass the sunshine on have the hands open and up or you could have it grabbing the sun on the back and opening up on the front of the tee or vice a versa. Or you could do the pinching suns cheek!

chuck p comics

hey thanks guys... I didn't want the sun to be spherical, I wanted it to be almost as if (but not) a note that you would give. and thanks Christina maybe a face would work...threadless loves faces on things lol!

Christina.A.art

haha your welcome :) can't wait to see it!

Mantichore

I'm not sure, but wouldn't it look weird on a shirt like that (with the arm coming out of nowhere)? And like DammDesigns said, it looks more like he is throwing a disk. Maybe it should look more like this:

Or maybe it would be better if it were actually a person giving it to another person? (just thinking aloud here)

Wolfgang8885

I think you have a great potential here. You should include a hand on the other side as if its receiving the sun. The sun with rosy cheeks and a big smile would really signify happiness. Maybe call it, Spread the Warmth?

Cool concept!

chuck p comics

ok guys less Frisbee like hopefully, and added a face, and I also didn't want it to be spherical.....to common I think...hope you like

vectored_life

Love the idea and artwork sketch (especially the hand). Still looks like a frisbee, only squishy. I hated to say that I promise :(

Wondering if the "giving" twilight type pose might work better

Wolfgang8885

The hand is well drawn, but its holding the sun to roughly and barely with two fingers which looks like it doesnt really want to touch the sun. It should be more of a soft hold like its fragile. Hope that makes sense.

Wolfgang8885
theillustratorman said:

Love the idea and artwork sketch (especially the hand). Still looks like a frisbee, only squishy. I hated to say that I promise :(

Wondering if the "giving" twilight type pose might work better

Yeah I think the twilight pose looks better.

chuck p comics

I really appreciate your guys feedback and am enjoying the hand the way it is, and it was how I original wanted it to be (im not trying to be stubborn) but if it dosnt work for anyone i'll try it, but this.... would be my last resort so if there is any way i can make mine work that would be great, thanks again for your help looking forward to hearing from ya again

chuck p comics

updated.....just a rough inking

AnthonyMoore

I like the face you put on it, Chuck. Is your plan to have the hand coming from the side of the shirt, and is it giving the ball of sunshine to anyone/anything else?

Christina.A.art

Hello chuck :) I like it he's cute. How you have the hand now looks like you can squeeze the sun. I think its the line by the thumb that might be throwing it off. You could try to pinch the face there. If your going for that squeeze look you could make the right eye smaller and the smile come in more like its being pressed down. All in all its coming along good and the hand looks great and the face is cute.

Christina.A.art

That line by the thumb is cute tho i do like it i'm wishy washy tonight sorry ha

chuck p comics

thanks guys and I didn't want to have another hand receiving the sun because it defiantly confuses the concept, in my mind! so if he were to give it to someone, what would they do with a sun? if you know what I mean. so by the hand placing the sun, like he is now, hes giving the happiness / sunshine in its place, which is the sky! hop that makes scene

AnthonyMoore

Oh I see..I was confused because, initially, I thought you said it was about giving/receiving happiness. I like the idea of the hand placing the sun back in the sky..making for a happy sun? Am I following this right..either way, I like how it looks so far! Keep at it, Chuck!

chuck p comics

thanks again, don't get me wrong, he is giving sunshine/happiness but not in the scence of handing it to someone,,, but putting it in the sky were it belongs

BlancaJP
1 design submitted - Score now!

the sun looks cute on the last update, but it looks like the hand is just pinching it's cheek

kzjl

Cutietootsie! =D

chuck p comics
BlancaJP said:

the sun looks cute on the last update, but it looks like the hand is just pinching it's cheek

yeah Im gonna town That down, thanks

LukeTheScrippa

I actually kinda like the "cheek-pinching" idea. especially with the title and the "cute" look you have going with the sun. It's playful and fun

thepapercut

The hand still looks like it's grabbing a disk a bit. I'd get an orange, and hold on to it just in the same "pinching" manner your drawing shows, and proceed to sketch how the hand looks. The fingers just seem to be to close together. The concept is great tough, I can see this being a big hit.

chuck p comics

ok I see what your saying, but for the same reason I didn't want to do this and what your saying is, I wanted it to be almost as note! not your average sphere sun. I just thought it would be I different take on it, here was I pic I snapped for it

Day V

maybe you should try holding a ball or some object with more plasticity. – the problem that gesture looks like throwing a frisbee might be because it looks flat like a disk/frisbee. But I think it is quite minor, I understood the concept within a second without even reading the title. and like it much, actually

chuck p comics

thanks! ok so the note/paper, sun thing isn't working for yall?

chuck p comics

thanks, I like it to, I think this one communicates my concept better because as you can see, others were confused

Day V

now it looks just fine, but the cheek pinch is gone?

chuck p comics
Day V said:

yeah ounce I changed the sun to a sphere, the cheek got the shaft!

Day V
chuck p comics said:
Day V said:

yeah ounce I changed the sun to a sphere, the cheek got the shaft!

Ok, I see. I think it looks supercute now and has got more plasticity as before, which is good. But the two parts (sun & hand) are less interacting now. They are just there. Maybe you can give the sun arms and hands, so he can grab hold on the index finger? idk.

El Jazz

Good sketching process, is ready for color, i could add strongs lights and shadows to emphasize the concept, and maybe a little transparencies (icons, some parts of the sun, sunshine ..) behind the principal illustration. we hope to see soon.

If anyone wants to increase your score i share this link: We can correspond to your score

chuck p comics

thanks for your help guys, I have started to color

chuck p comics

I don't like the sun ray, how can I fix?

gebe

looks cool Chuck! Maybe I would try to use a bit more the tee color in your design :) I mean that if you make the skin on grey tones, and you use the yellow tones only for some light effect, you could create a pretty good contrast!

chuck p comics

Great advice thanks! I'll give that a try.... But what do you think about the sun rays?

gebe

It would be great to me to see the black ink even on the sun, and I'm not so sure about the gradient, I really like this version:

chuck p comics

ok so I took gebe's advice, hopefully I did what you suggested correctly, although I kept the sun without lines and just air brushed it, the lines make the light less intense! let me know what you think!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?