Close
One second...

Thoughts on the new Batman actor **WARNING SPOILERS**

Well unless you've been cut off from the outside world for the last 24 hours, you will have heard that Ben Affleck is the new Batman.

There seems to be ALOT of negativity surrounding it which I think is based on people seeing some of Ben's 'less popular' films.

Personally, I think the guy can really commit to a role and assuming he is able to increase his build about 50%, he will actually shut down alot of the 'nay sayers'. The key is firstly, being well built for the role and also portraying Bruce Wayne well. Afterall, once the mask is on, Batman could be played by pretty much anyone, but not everyone can pull off the billionaire tech heir playboy character.

My favourite Batman was Christian Bale, he fit the role really well as Bruce Wayne, looked the way Batman should and did a pretty good job (despite using the gravelly voice when no one was around :-p).

What are you guys thinking about Affleck as Batman?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
EZFL

ANOTHER Batman movie... It's time to move on to something else.

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I also agree that Batman is a pretty tired character at the moment. He needs his rest!

celandinestern

I liked Michael Keaton in the role, so I'm probably the wrong girl to ask. But I'm sure he'll be alright.

cjudd

Steve Buscemi would make a better Batman.

dnice25

It's a Batman Superman movie!

Dan Yingling

I back it. See what happens. If it sucks who cares.

nickv47

I hope it's 90% supes, 5% bats, 5% some other DCU character.

RushXII

In my opinion, there's no real point in caring honestly. The movie isn't coming out until 2015. It's like politicians on the news that are already talking about the 2016 election.

Though if they're going to make more hero movies, they should try and use characters not as tired out as Batman or Superman.

FightingFit

Works for me...he can act and seems to have a brain and everything!

wearecareful
wearecareful profile pic Staff

My problem is I've never seen a movie with Ben Affleck that made you forget the actor and only see the character. That type of actor is needed for a role like Batman.

Babu_Shack

I am going to call him Bat Affleman from now on.

Morkki

I don't really care because Superman's also there and that dude is just a bore

Torakamikaze
1 design submitted - Score now!

I hope he get batman jump right

I feel like many actor not get batman jump right

I know Ben Affeck good jump, so maybe he right?

hm087ster

I'm a Batman fan (late 80's comic and film)...and think Ben Affleck as Batman is a bad idea. His boyish features, even though he's in his early 40's..naah. I dont think hes seasoned enough for the role of a character who will be older, wiser and an experienced crime fighter to supes. I think Christian Bale was the only actor to ever do Batman any onscreen justice, true to the comics. They really got the right depiction of Batman with him in the role (even down to the voice). If anything CB shouldve come back to the role, full well knowing they're going to screw it up.

Ryder

DC just has the hardest time making a good comic book movie... with the exception of The Dark Knight they've had a flop every time...

jordanmemari
hm087ster said:

I'm a Batman fan (late 80's comic and film)...and think Ben Affleck as Batman is a bad idea. His boyish features, even though he's in his early 40's..naah. I dont think hes seasoned enough for the role of a character who will be older, wiser and an experienced crime fighter to supes. I think Christian Bale was the only actor to ever do Batman any onscreen justice, true to the comics. They really got the right depiction of Batman with him in the role (even down to the voice). If anything CB shouldve come back to the role, full well knowing they're going to screw it up.

I agree that Bale was the best fit (for the 80's Miller dark sinister batman) and that Affleck may not be the obvious choice, but if they were going to pick a seasoned actor as opposed to a new guy who fits the part but is unknown, They could have chose much worse than Affleck. As long as he can whack on a lot of muscle, I think by the time makeup get to him, change his hair etc, he'll be a good fit (granted, not bale, but much better than clooney :-P)

I can't believe they were considering Brolin or Gosling at one point! I would have abandoned the whole thing if they did that.

You should read the new 52 batman comics if you are not already. It's amazing that comics seem mot have grown up with the generations in which they became popular, I mean if had the comics they are doing now when I was 10, I would have crapped myself :-/

jordanmemari
Ryder Revolution said:

DC just has the hardest time making a good comic book movie... with the exception of The Dark Knight they've had a flop every time...

I think it's to do with the characters... Most work well in comics but its weird when they make a movie of it. Spiderman swings around from building to building.... Cool, hulk can pick up cars and throw them and leap amazing distances... Cool.... Green lantern got a magic rechargeable ring and rechargeable lanter and became part of a secret space police fighting some weird energy powered villain and can manifest thoughts to do so.... Umm, what?!!! It just seems a bit weird.

Now the arrow tv show is great but it pisses me off a bit that he doesn't wear a mask (just face paint) and then stands 2 foot from people he knows and they can't work out its him lol.

I bet DC are cackling themselves about the launch of '"agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" - especially if it airs at the same time/same night.

jordanmemari
Morkki said:

I don't really care because Superman's also there and that dude is just a bore

Yep, the superman movies always suck. Also, they'll cast batman as the villain out of the two (they do in the animated versions anyway) which goes against everything the character stands for.

jordanmemari
pijaczaj said:

Lol! Still a better batman than clooney =P

jublin

I really like Ben Affleck but this is my problem too...

wearecareful said:

My problem is I've never seen a movie with Ben Affleck that made you forget the actor and only see the character. That type of actor is needed for a role like Batman.

I loved Man of Steel and was so excited for this next movie, but I think it was the wrong decision. But I get it, he's a better name than he is an actor.

taz-pie

BUT WHO WILL BE BATDIRL

biotwist

well after he did such a good job with daredevil....

melmike

As a lifetime comics fan, I thought Jackman was a terrible choice for Wolverine, so yeah, don't ask me. But can you blame me for having doubts?

Shnickity shnicks?

littlem

i think everything's gonna be ok, people. don't worry. be hoppy.

drink responsibly

this has been a message from the emergency broadcast system

no animals were injured during the filming of this

littlem
taz-pie said:

BUT WHO WILL BE BATDIRL

matt gaymon. duh

GyleDesigns

I mean... at least it wasn't Nick Cage.

thompson98

I don't get why they even have to bring batman back because of the ending of dark knight rises. And if ben affleck is going to play him, i am definitely not watching

huntia2713

I couldn't really care less about this. I'm fairly sure people said that about the last batman movies. In case you guys haven't realized, there has been more than one batman series, and they do not all star christian bale. When people said that the series couldn't get better, it did! but same goes vice versa, so who knows how this will be until everybody sits down and watches it

jordanmemari
GyleDesigns said:

Nicholas cage's acting is funny yet somehow it works for ghost rider lol

Wolfgang8885

Forget about DC! I cant wait to see X-Men Days of Future Past!!!

jordanmemari
Wolfgang8885 said:

Forget about DC! I cant wait to see X-Men Days of Future Past!!!

I dont really mind about DC vs Marvel thing but hell yeah... Days of Future Past! Also Guardians of the Galaxies!!

Morkki

DC has only three characters I care about... Batman, Lobo and this dude:

littlem

Plorp!

leballo

was it justin timberlake? im not sure

abstracttimes
jordanmemari said:
GyleDesigns said:

Didn't mind the Ghost Rider movies as much as most people, and don't have anything against Nick Cage particularly... but as a Rider fan from WAAY back that definite wasn't frickin' Johnny Blaze!

...and screw Superman/Batman. Give me a Ghostrider/Batman or Spawn/Batman! THAT I would pay to see! DC needs all the help they can get.

littlem
Dan Yingling said:

I back it. See what happens. If it sucks who cares.

Yeah. I agree. Are we joined at the hip or what?!? Haha

taz-pie
Morkki said:

DC has only three characters I care about... Batman, Lobo and this dude:

all i see is a giant puckered pink asshole going PLORP

Morkki

I know! It's the best thing. Giant torso bunghole. DC can we please get a Arm-Fall-Off-Boy movie in 2014? With Nic Cage?

Haasbroek

When are they going to make a LOBO film?

Morkki

There was actually some talk of a Lobo film a year or two ago with Vin Diesel rumored to be the Main Man. Dunno if anything's happening with that plan.

Haasbroek

VIn Diesel. No.

Thomas Orrow

For some reason I think I'll be quite pleased if he's shit. Like it will be vaguely amusing to hear a Boston Batman.

I don't even know where he's from, but I guess he can do an American accent OK.

Morkki

Oh wait, I remembered the wrong guy. It was supposed to be The Rock. I know, that's even worse! But the movie isn't happening anymore, for better or for worse.

Thomas Orrow

As one of the T'less staff pointed out earlier, he will most prob. be the new Heath Ledger cult figure. Although, less dead.

jordanmemari
abstracttimes said:
jordanmemari said:
GyleDesigns said:

Didn't mind the Ghost Rider movies as much as most people, and don't have anything against Nick Cage particularly... but as a Rider fan from WAAY back that definite wasn't frickin' Johnny Blaze!

...and screw Superman/Batman. Give me a Ghostrider/Batman or Spawn/Batman! THAT I would pay to see! DC needs all the help they can get.

Doubt there'll ever be a spawn/batman movie.... Macfarlane would want too much input and Warner wouldn't put up the cash for that.... Did you see the Spawn movie? That's what happens when people get over precious about their creations and cannot give up control to those who are better qualified.

wearecareful
wearecareful profile pic Staff

The new 52 Lobo is even worse than Ben Affleck as Batman

Musarter
wearecareful said:

The new 52 Lobo is even worse than Ben Affleck as Batman

What the hell is that?

That is a total bastardization is what it is. For shame, for shame!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?