Close
One second...

How does one become a Threadless Ambassador

I know many things about threadless but I still can't figure out how do people get selected to become Ambassadors.
I know Alvaro was selected for his talent (and he was able to speak another language besides English)
Jeff was chosen for his upbet personalitiy (and his dance moves, body rolls baby)
Frickinawesome was chosen for his awesome collabs (and mile long comments)
and every other ambassador has been chosen based on his talent and work with the community but how exactly do they get chosen.
Do they get chosen the same way an Avenger or an X-man gets chosen??? Who from the threadless staff takes on the role of professor Xavier????

Watch this
Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Ancient prophecies

Morkki

I think it was Nostradamus who said

"And there will be a man named Geoffrey with a body like that of a snake and a laugh like that of a chipmunk and verily he shall become the Ambassador upon the End Times and move to city of the Wizard Nipple"

Morkki

Or maybe Hemingway

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

i'm pretty sure that in jeff's case you just get drunk and pee on things.

i read that in his manifesto; Jeffreyg: Adventures of a Drunken Pee

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Ancient prophecies

RUNES?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

nickv47
nickv47 profile pic Alumni

I'm more down for a Hambassador position.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HAMBASSADOR

soloyo
nickv47 said:

I'm more down for a Hambassador position.

How about a Jambassador?

Morkki

Spambassador?

soloyo
Morkki said:

Spambassador?

lol

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

IM A THREADLESS ALUMNI AND I APPROVE THIS BLOG! MAKE NESTOR AN AMBASSADOR!

[+duracell-]

Can I be Havok? Havok was cool so I should probably be him.

soloyo
[+duracell-] said:

Can I be Havok? Havok was cool so I should probably be him.

SURE ALEX is the BEAST (he is a beast since most of his subs get printed or win challenges)

nickv47
Ryder Revolution said:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HAMBASSADOR

technically he's the HAMMBASSADOR.

soloyo

El-Be

Rambassador

fightstacy
fightstacy profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Spambassador?

fightstacy
Morkki said:

Spambassador?

fightstacy
Morkki said:

Spambassador?

fightstacy

Way back when I was made ambassador, ..Rachel offered it to me, she said that a lot of people had noticed what I was doing and felt it should have some official backing.

Jake has to make it official, I think he does some kind of Santeria

I have dropped off a bit in the passed weeks, an operation followed by recovery followed by a holiday followed by a job transition next week.. But plan to be up an ambassadoring again soonish

Morkki

Also I think it was JRR Tolkien who wrote on his death bed:

"And there shall come forth a man from the land of the Shire with curled horns and a stench most foul and he shall pit Brother against Brother and House against House and lay waste upon the land"

Morkki

Or maybe Stephenie Meyer

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I'm pretty sure you have to recite all the lyrics to the Partners in Kryme classic, "Turtle Power."

Jake Friedman

I heard you have to sacrifice your favorite shirt in a satanic ritual at threadless HQ. It's one of those, BYOB (bring your own (goat) blood) kind of things.

soloyo
Jake Friedman said:

I heard you have to sacrifice your favorite shirt in a satanic ritual at threadless HQ. It's one of those, BYOB (bring your own (goat) blood) kind of things.

NO! That's the MADE ceremony!

fightstacy
Morkki said:

Also I think it was JRR Tolkien who wrote on his death bed:

"And there shall come forth a man from the land of the Shire with curled horns and a stench most foul and he shall pit Brother against Brother and House against House and lay waste upon the land"

It was Tolkien, specifically Tolkien 12:3, ..The book of Tolkien was omitted from the bible by Pope Pius VIII, for the reasons 'Too Hellish' and 'Delving into pointless and weird specifics'

nickv47

LET HIM BE AN AMBASSADOR. HE'S A NICE BOY. YOU HEARTLESS. BASTARDS.

soloyo

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

I dont think you become an ambassador by posting nudity on blogs Nestor haha

soloyo
alexmdc said:

It's not just nudity, IT'S ARTISTIC NUDITY

death by crayon

Has a Lambassador been appointed yet? If not, bahhhhhhhpickmehhhhhhh!

Christina.A.art

This thread has taken a turn for the worse

Christina.A.art
mechanicalrobotpower said:

Way back when I was made ambassador, ..Rachel offered it to me, she said that a lot of people had noticed what I was doing and felt it should have some official backing.

Jake has to make it official, I think he does some kind of Santeria

I have dropped off a bit in the passed weeks, an operation followed by recovery followed by a holiday followed by a job transition next week.. But plan to be up an ambassadoring again soonish

Hope your okay and on a side note has the knife came out of the head yet?

taz-pie
soloyo said:
alexmdc said:

imagine how many farts directly in faces happened here. grossss

soloyo
taz-pie said:
soloyo said:
alexmdc said:

imagine how many farts directly in faces happened here. grossss

Just hope no one had the runs....

soloyo

salsambassador

. .

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
soloyo said:

salsambassador

. .

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

that girl eats hotdogs like the seagulls at the beach

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

So, I've been wondering this for a while. What does an ambastard do, exactly?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

WHAT DO THEY DOOOO?!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I KNOW A GUY WHO KNOWS A GUY!!!

alexmdc
alexmdc profile pic Staff

this is from an old post about what the ambassadors did, they each did different things, so they were picked based on what their contributions would be etc to the community :

Hey Threadlessers! We hope you're having an awesome 2012 so far. This year is bringing some big changes for us, among them a bigger & better Ambassador program. Most of the work that the Threadless community team as well as the Ambassadors will be doing is aimed at encouraging great people to participate in creating great art together.

On the people side, we want more people to know about of Threadless, get more people that are already aware to start participating, and keep everyone already in it excited. On the art side, we want to inspire and educate artists to create great art, to be able to review it to make the right decisions about what to print, and llet all of you make as much art as possible for all the product & partner categories we have.

Here's your Ambassador lineup for 2012 and what they'll be working on to start out the year:

Alvaro (aka alvarejo): Alvaro will be hosting local artist workshops in Chile. He'll also be working on creating some awesome tutorials for the Threadless submission process, and design in general that any of our users can learn from.

Ian (aka Ian Leino): Ian will be working on creating a Threadless community sourced magazine! (More on that soon...)

Priscilla (aka valorandvellum): Priscilla will be hosting artist workshops at schools in California, with the goal of an expanded workshops program later on.

Tom (aka Thomas Orrow): Tom will be working on community and artist spotlights on the site. He'll also be working on a community sourced comic book! (More on this exciting project soon!)

The Ambassadors will be reporting directly to you, the community, frequently over the course of the year so you can all see exactly how their hard work is making things better for you! They will also continue to help us out in special blog challenges and cool community driven events, much like last years Ambassadors.

YaaH
YaaH profile pic Alumni

fightstacy
Ryder Revolution said:

WHAT DO THEY DOOOO?!

We exchange secrets about you

taz-pie

priscilla has totally disappeared :(

she used to make the BEST music mixes!!

pijaczaj

I vote for Nestor!