Close
One second...

9 Votes in 8 Hours

Good Gravy Threadless! What's the deal? 9 votes in the span of 8 hours, and at least six of them are from someone I know. I knew it was bad, but not this bad! Time to bring submissions back onto the forum pages maybe?

I think I'm actually, impressed?

http://www.threadless.com/threadless/onward-3/

Watch this
PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Whaaaat, that stinks because this is beautiful and deserves way more attention. Are you pimping it out on the internets at all?

Dan Yingling

Looks like you're in the hundreds for votes right now. This is an awesome design! Nice work.

wowrainbows
wowrainbows profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
Dan Yingling said:

Looks like you're in the hundreds for votes right now. This is an awesome design! Nice work.

Thanks! But yeah, this morning I was at 122, and at the time of posting this I was at 131. Seems like lots of designs drop off after the first 12 or so hours.

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Beautiful work, man! I feel your pain. I think with all the comps, subs are getting buried quickly. Mass-voting can be grueling [I still have like 800+ unvoted subs or something crazy]. Seems like a lot of people are grinding away, but it's taking a while. Add to that the fact that commenting can be a pain sometimes [I've failed three times on the same sub and had to give up], and it's really hard to know how your sub is doing unless it's one of the obvious runaway grand slam subs. Cough BAKA Cough

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

I voted. This thread made me aware of your work. And I liked it.

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni

voted. I've been finding that the scoring for the general Threadless comp has dropped. I have a vast amount of subs at the moment and the amount of votes for the other competitions have bypassed my one general Threadless entry.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Voting numbers are so weird. I got two subs to the Simpsons contest on the same day and one of them ended up with twice as much votes as the other one.

jaywalkergraphics
Morkki said:

Voting numbers are so weird. I got two subs to the Simpsons contest on the same day and one of them ended up with twice as much votes as the other one.

Yeah, this, too.

wowrainbows
1 design submitted -
JIMDAHOUSECAT said:

voted. I've been finding that the scoring for the general Threadless comp has dropped. I have a vast amount of subs at the moment and the amount of votes for the other competitions have bypassed my one general Threadless entry.

I mean, I think that's been the case for the past five years or so, but now the difference is just unbelievable.

Matias Corado

I understand your feelings. My last sub (finished with a 2.96 average score... anyway is my sub with most votes of 3 subs) received a lot of votes the first hours and then just a few a day.

frauleinkatrina
frauleinkatrina profile pic Alumni

I feel bad but I know I can't get through all the subs, ever, so I'm sure these things are just getting buried. I've also been trying harder to just make my way through the general threadless and ignore the others, but I still can't get through them the way I used to...

jaywalkergraphics

I wonder if the oldest scoring subs should show on the voting page first rather than the newest ones. Am I wrong in thinking it's the opposite right now? Just a thought.

wowrainbows
1 design submitted -
jaywalkergraphics said:

I wonder if the oldest scoring subs should show on the voting page first rather than the newest ones. Am I wrong in thinking it's the opposite right now? Just a thought.

Makes sense to me! How to you feel about being able to separate by average score? Especially in contests, that feels like a bad idea.

frauleinkatrina
frauleinkatrina profile pic Alumni
wowrainbows said:
jaywalkergraphics said:

Makes sense to me! How to you feel about being able to separate by average score? Especially in contests, that feels like a bad idea.

I feel like it's really unreliable... it's also a thing to obsess over if you have an item up for scoring. Plus, I'm not one to down vote (if the design is awesome it deserves credit) but I can definitely see how a person could use the average score during the scoring period as a way to attack items scoring higher than theirs. I wouldn't mind if average scores during the scoring period went away.

wowrainbows
1 design submitted -

I wouldn't mind if average scores during the scoring period went away.

Perfect.

No account?
Join Us