Close
One second...

Am I the only person who has no idea what Minecraft is?

I suppose I could google it, but I'd rather search for a Shaq gifs that no one's seen before.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

I know what it is, but I don't "know" "what" "it" "is", if you catch my drift.

People say it's the cat's pajamas, but I have never seen a cat in pajamas who was not annoyed by them. From what I've overheard from my daughter and the cool kids I know, you basically have building blocks, and tons of options. Apparently, there are also some kind of monster-beast-blocks involved.

I think it's like a Ouija board, pretty much.

quick-brown-fox
quick-brown-fox profile pic Alumni
3 designs submitted - Score now!

I know it's some sort of pixel type building thing, but other than that I'm lost, and old.

[+duracell-]

plenty of vids on YouTube if you don't want to play

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni
[+duracell-] said:

plenty of vids on YouTube if you don't want to play

Links

jaywalkergraphics
quick-brown-fox said:

I know it's some sort of pixel type building thing, but other than that I'm lost, and old.

Bazinga.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

It's like Legos except more tedious and looks fucking ugly

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

Friends of mine play it, but I don't "get it". Seems like a big time sink to me.

hm087ster

Whatever you do please don't post that Shaq gif in my dying blog...

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Gotcha. Way to make 30 year olds feel out of touch Threadless!

hm087ster

'Old man yells at cloud' somebody subbed that in the challenge. Was funny.

vectored_life
Morkki said:

Best Minecraft definition I've heard lol...I assume it's like the outer workings of Sim City...? E.G. no bathrooms lol

airdeh
quick-brown-fox said:

Same here, cept.. well I'm not that old. :x

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

Same Mike, I had and still have no idea what this stuff is other than the fact that occasionally on any given forum a young twenty something will state that they enjoy minecraft!

Us 30 somethings really are clueless on this one :-)

BeanePod
BeanePod profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -
theillustratorman said:
Morkki said:

Best Minecraft definition I've heard lol...I assume it's like the outer workings of Sim City...? E.G. no bathrooms lol

Agreed

taz-pie
Morkki said:

this. i was so tired of fucking creeper spam, and now we have to go through it AGAIN.

vectored_life
taz-pie said:
Morkki said:

this. i was so tired of fucking creeper spam, and now we have to go through it AGAIN.

o_O ? Is creeper referring to a type of person or the name of a character in MineCraft? I here creeper a lot with minecraft, and like most of you, don't know crap about it.

jaywalkergraphics
Morkki said:

Haha! Literally could not have said it better. But then I dislike ugly games to begin with, so I didn't get to the tedious part.

unaifg

It's an Indie videogame. It is basically about crafting stuff (like weapons, clothes, tables, chairs, doors - almost everything -) combining things that you can collect in the game (wood, iron, gold, water, blah blah blah). And then use all that stuff to live or build your house or kill monsters...

Some people can make really really awesome things ingame:

Top Minecraft Creations (YouTube)

mip1980
mip1980 profile pic Alumni

^^ Those people have wayyyyy too much time on their hands

Morkki
theillustratorman said:
taz-pie said:
Morkki said:

o_O ? Is creeper referring to a type of person or the name of a character in MineCraft? I here creeper a lot with minecraft, and like most of you, don't know crap about it.

The creeper is a monster. It looks like a green zombie penis and it creeps up on you and then explodes.

I think that sounds more awesome than it is.

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

While I understand it in theory, I can't for the life of me understand why so many people are soooo into it.

I asked my 10 year old niece to explain it to me over the phone- big mistake.

BeanePod
1 design submitted -

need help....will someone critique my creeper?

Morkki

I think you overworked, it, you obviously spent more time making it than went to the original:

unaifg
BeanePod said:

need help....will someone critique my creeper?

Creepy

BeanePod
1 design submitted -

more pubes.....got it!

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

Is this the official Minecraft HATE blaug?

PeculiarTiffany

Creeper peen wins the challenge!

EZFL
EZFL profile pic Alumni

hey guys can you vote on my submission:

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!
xiv said:

hey guys can you vote on my submission:

eheh

jordanmemari

I had heard of it before this challenge but never saw the point of it. Then last week my cousins came to visit from up north and my 11 year old cousin brought his xbox and played it non-stop.

He tried to explain the game which was pretty much build stuff and try and stay safe at night as loads of monsters appear (apart from that I don't really understand it). He then preceded to kill a sheep with a pick axe which seemed a bit excessive for what is basically 'virtual lego'.

Anywhoo, that being said I did have a go and I lost about 40 mins digging a tunnel. You kind of get sucked into it despite the fact it doesn't seem to have any real objectives. I became fixated on tunnelling all the way through a mountain and at the end of it felt very little levels of achievement :-[

Still, some of the Tees people created in the last minecraft challenge were pretty awesome and I think I'll give it a whirl :D

Morkki

I can understand why kids like it, I'd probably be crazy about it too as a 12 year old. I'm just continuously baffled by grown ups being so into it. No hate, I'll just never get it.

PeculiarTiffany

One thing that is pretty neat about it is the randomly generated landscapes.

hm087ster

Does your eyes in after a bit...

hellofromthemoon
hellofromthemoon profile pic Alumni

I fall into the category of (young) adults that like it lol.

It's great for when I'm feeling stressed, I can just sit down and mindlessly build something and relax. It's a time sink like TV (you're not actually accomplishing something in real life), but I still feel semi-productive because I'm being creative and making new things. I can usually draw and think better after playing for an hour or so, which is nice as well.

vectored_life

Last night I spent an 2 hours driving around running over people on sidewalks. GTA IV, I can see where the right audience would get addicted to MineCraft and play for hours.

I think the only reason I would play this is because I can't afford real legos.

Sometimes I make my own lol

Sarcasticatbest

I hadn't heard of it before the last challenge, so I googled it then. Your explanations have been more helpful. My step niece is all about it, got her a couple shirts last year. We'll see.

Twiggyhall

wait. so a minecraft is not equal to or greater than a shaq gif??

WarDrobeInSpareOom

I don't understand any games more advanced than NES. I think that out-ol' fogies the lot of you!

vectored_life
WarDrobeInSpareOom said:

I don't understand any games more advanced than NES. I think that out-ol' fogies the lot of you!

I was never good at duck hunt lol

WarDrobeInSpareOom

Well, see, the trick is standing right in front of the tv. Easy as pie, and that snotty little dog shuts up.

[+duracell-]

Yup and I totally cheated at Gyromite. That robot was just to slow.

vectored_life
WarDrobeInSpareOom said:

Well, see, the trick is standing right in front of the tv. Easy as pie, and that snotty little dog shuts up.

Oops

jamesnotjim

No mike you're not al

Twiggyhall
jamesnotjim said:

No mike you're not al

you can call him al

jaywalkergraphics
hellofromthemoon said:

I fall into the category of (young) adults that like it lol.

It's great for when I'm feeling stressed, I can just sit down and mindlessly build something and relax. It's a time sink like TV (you're not actually accomplishing something in real life), but I still feel semi-productive because I'm being creative and making new things. I can usually draw and think better after playing for an hour or so, which is nice as well.

Rationalization: accepted.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us