Close
One second...

Hits from the Gong

Watch this
taylor.kile.77

let me know what you think.. be truthful

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Both amateurish and uncommercial. The concepts are hackneyed and the art poorly executed. I get the impression you didn't spend much time on these, and implore you to check out Threadless's printed designs to get a feel of the calibre they're expecting.

taylor.kile.77
melmike said:

Both amateurish and uncommercial. The concepts are hackneyed and the art poorly executed. I get the impression you didn't spend much time on these, and implore you to check out Threadless's printed designs to get a feel of the calibre they're expecting.

First of all forget the second one its trash, I have no idea why I posted it

Second of all:

More of an attack than criticism, give something I can use not just a general blatantly obvious description of a design in its primary stages. Thanks for telling me suck in big words, I know they're aren't good. I would have submitted them if I thought they were, I thought thats what the forums are for not just cockamamie spite posts. Anybody with a relevant art related comment on what to do better.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni
taylor.kile.77 said:

let me know what you think.. be truthful

You got what you asked.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Mike was perhaps being harsh, but he was also being very truthful. It's better to be honest than to sugar coat things, you don't learn that way.

Take a look at what Threadless offers http://www.threadless.com/all

And tell yourself if what you have posted is worth $2,000. Refine your style, make it something that people would be proud to wear. Something else that helps is a strong concept (word play, a joke, etc.) that people can relate to. This doesn't have to extend past being a cat on a shirt, but people love cats. Jaw dropping art is something that is successful as well, with great use of color, negative space, composition and a good eye for what looks good on a shirt.

I'm not wild about gongs (and I don't really know people that are) or about hits from one, which I'm assuming is a drug reference?

taylor.kile.77

Harsh criticism is what I came for, that and help. I haven't found my style yet I guess and have been going about it all wrong.

Also I agree the gong concept is weak and its was mostly a drug reference not very family friendly. I just thought it was funny that's why I used and obviously didn't put enough effort into it, my eyes were getting tired last night so I just figured, why not post it and get some feedback.

Thanks for all feedback and help I will put more effort and time into the next one.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

No, it wasn't an attack, it was a critique. Was it harsh? Sure. An honest critique is always going to be harsh if the critic doesn't like the artwork. If you stick around, keep subbing and improve, you'll thank me for my bluntness in the end. Nothing helps an aspiring artist more than being told they're no good when they know they can be.

As for my justification... not only did you ask for the truth, you asked only for what people thought. You never said they weren't finished, nor did you ask for any advice on how to improve them.

Poeha
Poeha profile pic Alumni

I like that song. I loves that bwhole album on that age.

It's just not that cypress hilly...It need more cypress hill and bonginess.

No account?