Close
One second...

WIP! For Aqua Teen Contest

Would love all of your input on what I've done with my entry so far. Any kind of criticism welcome! Thanks. :)

Watch this
Underdawg

Solid work here. Looks like an HD wallpaper. With all the gradients though may be difficult to screeprint. Maybe some halftones?

frauleinkatrina

Very nice! I get some serious Donnie Darko vibes from it.

abstracttimes

Very cool. Love how menacing Frylock looks! Only think other than the gradient concern is just how flat Meatwad is on bottom. I know that's how he is but for some reason it just seems exaggerated here. Good luck!

wantuhappy

Thank you all for your feedback and kind works! I need to be better about using halftones hah. For some reason I just don't think it's complete. Something is missing that can take it up a notch!

RushXII

It's real nice overall :) A few small nitpicks (the resolution is a little inconsistent in some areas i.e frylock's beard has a bit of noise, as well as the area around meatwad, as well as the whole gradient issue)

Also since you don't think it's complete, maybe add some text? that might help

I was thinking of entering this contest myself. haha

wantuhappy

I took a lot of your considerations! All of the gradients are now halftones! Let me know what you think of the changes. :)

Dan Yingling

what about more villains as shadows in the background?

Dan Yingling

sorry, i was in the future, it was too late to critique your design....

ndstillie

put a giant fireball explosion behind them and you have a print.

ndstillie

put a giant fireball explosion behind them and you have a print.

wantuhappy

Here is the updated almost ready to submit version! Thinking of shading Carl like I did the others.

wantuhappy

I think I like having Carl be as big as he is but I'm having mixed feedback..

So I included two versions! What do you all think?

blackhand_
1 design submitted - Score now!

You'll have to do more than take reference images from the show and composite them. I don't know if you traced, redrew, or just used the original images, but this won't fly.

It looks like the villain silhouettes are lifted straight from the reference images as well. I'd suggest to start over and use your original artwork.

wantuhappy

Although those are the great reference images I used, if you look very closely you'll notice that those are not the same images I used in the design.

No account?