Close
One second...

Fancy Creeper Design, help needed!!

Hey guys! I really need some help on a design I've been working on. I thought I had it perfected it, but when I submitted it, they rejected it. They said,

"We want every design submitted to Threadless to have the best possible chance at being chosen for print. Your submission was declined because we feel your idea could use a little more work to be up to the standard that will give it the best shot."

I would love to get some feedback on what I could improve on. This is for the Minecraft challenge. Thanks in advance for the help!

Watch this
thomclyma

I don't see anything wrong with it, especially on the hoodie.

Abstract Matter

This doesn't really work as a design. The 'pixels' making up your creeper sprite and bow tie are of inconsistent sizes and the result is pretty ugly. There darker tones on the bow tie are also very different to those in the creeper sprite. This looks like you've found the creeper texture online and done the bow tie yourself. The mockups have been done very sloppily too, especially the tank, and there is literally no concept behind this other than 'take a creeper and slap on a bow tie'.

Keep trying and maybe you'll come up with something more unique and well thought out, but the above reasons are, in my opinion, why the design was rejected.

I also don't see the point in commenting in a 'why did I get rejected' thread saying the design is fine, otherwise it would not have been rejected.

hellofromthemoon
hellofromthemoon profile pic Alumni

I'm not sure, but maybe it was declined because it looks a lot like other designs that are already being sold? This one's the first thing on google images when I search for creeper sweatshirt, and there were several other similar ones as well.

No account?
Join Us