Close
One second...

My second submitted design

This is the second design I've ever submitted I hope it does well. I've always really love those old microphones and want to do a design with one. I submitted it to the NPR challenge wish me luck or just tell me what you think.

Thank you reading have a nice day.

Watch this
ragboll

oh come on nobody I'm sad now

abstracttimes

Shadow and cord good additions! I could see this as a printed NPR shirt! Not feeling like the tl community is big on the NPR scene, so it seems like people asking for feedback on these designs are getting a bit neglected. Just a guess though. Good luck on this!

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Hi Leslie, you after some smoke blowing or the cold hard truth?

taz-pie

i can offer cold hard truth (again)

ragboll

Thank you abstracttimes that's very nice of you to say.

ragboll

Hello Melmike, I'd like the truth.

melmike

Okay, but remember I can really only give my opinion of the truth. For me it's a 2, only because you seem to have taken care with your lines and shading, for which I commend you, but the design itself is lacklustre. The drawing is static, uninteresting, and bordering on the technical. The fonts you've used are horrible, the colours dull and unappealing. I sincerely doubt you'll get a print out of this one, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to improve going into the future.

hm087ster

And if he was after some smoke blowing?

melmike
hm087ster said:

And if he was after some smoke blowing?

abstracttimes on Aug. 21, 2013 at 01:29:38

Shadow and cord good additions! I could see this as a printed NPR shirt! Not feeling like the tl community is big on the NPR scene, so it seems like people asking for feedback on these designs are getting a bit neglected. Just a guess though. Good luck on this!

Emiliooo

I wouldn't say the whole design is lackluster.. Just missing some things to give it that pop. I feel like having National Public Radio and NPR is a bit redundant tho, and I'm not feeling the shirt color. The yellow is giving it a busy flamboyant signal for me, while the design is a little relaxed and chill, if this makes any sense aha. It just needs some fine tuning. I think I would just eliminate the text in the cord its just a little too distracting for me, but that's just me. Either way I would wear it with some fine tuning. :D

taz-pie
taz-pie said:

why would someone spend $20 on this? you have to honestly evaluate yourself.

hm087ster

Yeah I thought the shadow and cord were a good idea too, Michael.

ragboll

Thank you milmike, emillooo, and hm087ster for your honest opinion. I am grateful for the constructive criticism, I will try to work on my future submissions with the same care that you suggested. I hope to improve and learn as much as I can from this site.

Thank you for reading have a nice day.

ragboll

taz-pie thank you for your opinion I will use it to motivate myself to work harder at being a better artist and person than I have been. I hope to improve and impress all of you one day.

Wish me luck

taz-pie

dude GO FOR IT. keep pushing yourself. keep learning, keep trying!

No account?