Will this look good on a T?

Hello peeps,

I had drawn this on ipad..i can't feel whther or not it'll look good on a tee...if it does look good,i want to sub it for Minimalism..What say?

Another design:

I tried to make a play on the word 'Ivory'..this can be taken as Cause design against killing elephants and collecting ivory for fancy or watever purpose..I know this will fit into regular threadless category,but can this be subbed in Minimalism?...

.either way,how can i improve this design?

Thanks all!

Watch this
jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Why not mock up the first design to see how it looks? As for the second one being minimalist, I understand minimalism to be mostly symbolic, rather than a fully drawn representation of a concept. You have shadows, depth, a face, and text.

Just my $.02, but I'd say no.

jaywalkergraphics

The "I worry"/Ivory idea is not exactly obvious, because it requires an unusual pronunciation [I'm guessing you were going for a German accent]. Since there's nothing inherently German about elephants or tusks, Ivory you may not be able to convey your concept.

azrael5

jermaine you r right.not minimalist...i even gave another guy advice on minimalistic design,and myself forgot it.:/

I know the concept for the second design is not strong...but i think i'll try it as regular Threadless sub...BTW Ivory is exactly pronounced as I Worry in Indian accent...you have to learn the Indian Version of English seperately to understand it ...you shud have heard some of it from Apu already :)

azrael5
jaywalkergraphics said:

Since there's nothing inherently German about elephants or tusks, Ivory you may not be able to convey your concept.

Haha you are such a....

jaywalkergraphics
azrael5 said:

BTW Ivory is exactly pronounced as I Worry in Indian accent...you have to learn the Indian Version of English seperately to understand it ...you shud have heard some of it from Apu already :)

Haha, you know, I hadn't thought of that. That's very true, and elephants have plenty to do with India! I'm not sure if you'd like to do this or not, but is there some way you could indicate that he's from India? Maybe that would make the concept a little clearer.

jaywalkergraphics
azrael5 said:
jaywalkergraphics said:

Since there's nothing inherently German about elephants or tusks, Ivory you may not be able to convey your concept.

Haha you are such a....

I will be here all night, folks.

azrael5

:D...btw for me,Ivory is 'i-wery'...how do you pronounce Ivory jarmaine?

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

I'd say the accent is different, with ivory the stress is on the I, and with I worry the stress is on the 'wo' syllable.

I'd say neither of those are minimalist, but both are ok for regular threadless.

taz-pie

i don't get either of them at first glance.

celandinestern
celandinestern profile pic Alumni

Ivory looks more miserable than worried. I'd give him a furrowed brow but no tears. Like this maybe.

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

I say ivory like "eye-vory" and I think most Americans do, though saying it to myself in an Indian accent I can hear the "i-wery".

Putting that aside, I really like the little details on the tusk and even if people don't get it, it's nice to look at. :-D

azrael5

thxx everyone!...refreshing to get your responses.

Lidija:got it! :D............Tiff:i understand that it's hard to get..i will submit it any way in regular threadless as you said it's nice to look at...thanks!

Jermaine:..badabim badaboom

taz:you are never more accurate..thanks!

azrael5

working on this.......anymore suggestions?

No account?
Join Us