Close
One second...

WHAT SOFTWARE ARE PEOPLE USING TO MAKE THEIR DESIGNS LOOK SO PROFESSIONAL??

WHAT SOFTWARE ARE PEOPLE USING TO MAKE THEIR DESIGNS LOOK SO PROFESSIONAL??

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

MS PAINT OF COURSE!!

ivanrodero
ivanrodero profile pic Alumni

Although Buttmagic Pro it's pretty good too.

taz-pie

I USE POWERPOINT

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

lol at Powerpoint. I use adobe Illustrator and then bring my design into adobe photoshop for the mockup of it.

laurxy
laurxy profile pic Alumni

I use instagram filters.

Tess23

Thanks guys! sorry for the caps! you guys must have crazy talents if you can do this kind of stuff on paint etc. I mainly use photoshop

laurxy
laurxy profile pic Alumni

lol

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

I was looking forward to being the first person to give you an actual answer, but then I saw you already use photoshop. Ain't nothin better than that.

gebe
gebe profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Sometimes I use Notepad if I'm going for a hand drawn look

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

As Mike said, PS is great, and lot of experience

Tess23

do you guys use the templates provided?

Musarter
Musarter profile pic Alumni
melmike said:

I was looking forward to being the first person to give you an actual answer, but then I saw you already use photoshop. Ain't nothin better than that.

Yup. Another secret is to work on a huge canvas at least 300 dpi. It is always to your advantage to scale down your artwork and always detrimental to scale up your art. Of course detail is nothing without a good composition, a consideration of the shirt space being used, or a good color palette.

Although Buttmagic is always good too.

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Honestly, Illustrator + Photshop + Tutorials + Practice + Practice = Bacon Bunnies

Manupix
Tess23 said:

Old-timers prefer the previous model shots, you can find them here. Some also make their own from product pics.

Software: I've heard good things said about MangaStudio.

Serious answer is serious.

jaywalkergraphics
Tess23 said:

Nope. Although there's nothing wrong with them, I guess. I'd personally try to grab a few high-res PSD mock-up files from here.

Tess23

thanks guys

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

95% of people will use photoshop or illustrator, the rest might use some free programs or manga studio.

jaywalkergraphics

I actually prefer CorelDRAW for its vector tools, but no one ever knows what I'm talking about, so I just say Illustrator.

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

I know what you're talking about, JWG. But then I am an industry* expert.

*Burger

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

wow you been here on threadless for 18 hours and you already got a nice dose of the typical threadless snarky humor. Well played.

in all seriousness PS - AI - MANGA studio and MAGIC aka experience there is no short cuts, just hard work and learning by doing.

You have no designs up jet so I'd say just do it. Post a WIP blog if you got question or want help.

BlancaJP

P.S. some of these people are professional ( you might not want to ask at what if you're afraid of the answer ;) )

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni
BlancaJP said:

P.S. some of these people are professional ( you might not want to ask at what if you're afraid of the answer ;) )

who are the professionals?

hm087ster

I use Santo76 to make my designs look professional. Get a hold of this and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank!

vectored_life
Ryder Revolution said:
BlancaJP said:

Myself! Ha! Okay, maybe not...*sigh

hm087ster

I'm just kidding...I don't do design work, I just come up with the bad ideas for them!!!

BlancaJP
BeanePod said:

professional cats are professional

that is the dream, this is the reality

Ryder Revolution said:

I heard a myth told there is some in the deep woods with powers so great it would make looking upon them blinding.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Some people think you need to use Illustrator and Photoshop and the like to get professional results, but I use Illustrator and Photoshop and the like and my stuff looks like SHIT! So I guess that shows what THEY know.

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Let me attempt to actually answer your question... for some reason:

As someone who actually does do professional work, like, professionally (and keeps it far, far from Threadless as it is boring, uninspired, corporate work) the industry standard is pretty much the Adobe Creative Suite. So, familiarize yourself with that.

however...

When you get talking about ARTISTS and ART (and not just "jobs") stay away from the "what kind of _ do you use." Then your answer is Mantichore's "experience" above. Nothing is more frustrating than an artist hearing "Wow, that's a beautiful drawing. What kind of pen do you use?" or a photographer hearing "That's a gorgeous photo. You must have a really nice camera."

The great Marlo Meekins once answered the "what kind of markers did you use" question by drawing a fantastic piece and posting it with the caption "Here I used Crayolas and 3 decades of practice and experience."

vectored_life
foodstampdavis said:

The great Marlo Meekins once answered the "what kind of markers did you use" question by drawing a fantastic piece and posting it with the caption "Here I used Crayolas and 3 decades of practice and experience."

Sidenote: I think I just found my new inspirational quote.

jaywalkergraphics
foodstampdavis said:

Nothing is more frustrating than an artist hearing "Wow, that's a beautiful drawing. What kind of pen do you use?" or a photographer hearing "That's a gorgeous photo. You must have a really nice camera."

Ah, speaking from my little experience, this is so true. Nothing hurts my soul more than to see amazing tools (high-end cameras, software, markers, etc.) used in a sloppy or amateurish way. It's amazing how often I see it. And on the other hand, it is really inspiring to see a great artist use "crude" rudimentary tools to create a jaw-dropper. Corny time, but it reminds me that an artist's creative spirit can never be squelched.

Kat Phillips

Depends on what kind of design you're creating. For illustration try Corel DRAW and Corel PAINTER 12. I've heard good things about Manga Studio but never used it. I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for simpler designs and logos and to clean up the illustrations I make in Corel. Good hardware can make a difference as well. For a digital drawing tablet I'd go with a Wacom Intuos or Cintiq.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us