Close
One second...

Ghostbusters. Pacman. Should I sub this? UPDATE

I know Pacman and Ghostbusters have had their fair share of mashups together but I hadn't seen this done before, so thought i'd try it out.

What do you think? Should I sub it?

V2- running away

Watch this
jaywalkergraphics

Heh, pretty clevarr. But shouldn't the whole scenario be facing the other way? So the ghosts are running away from mutant sign? As far as subbing it, I have no clue. But it's well done!

WanderingBert

Thanks man.

I thought about that, but have discovered that I can't handle Pacman facing to the left. I don't know why, but it all just looks too backwards to me. Man, I'm weird.

jaywalkergraphics

Haha. What a conundrum. I get you, tho, we all have our lines in the sand.

ourgraphicfaith

Good point about the Ghosts turning and running...makes it more true to the game! But that said, this is a very cool take on the already much taken idea, so this should be subbed! Good stuff!

pier25
WanderingBert said:

Thanks man.

I thought about that, but have discovered that I can't handle Pacman facing to the left. I don't know why, but it all just looks too backwards to me. Man, I'm weird.

Why not simply turn the ghosts?

WanderingBert
pier25 said:
WanderingBert said:

Thanks man.

Why not simply turn the ghosts?

Uh, smart people with their smart ideas haha. I'll try that and see what it looks.

WanderingBert

Ok, so an update with the ghosts running in the other direction.

Not totally convinced though, as I feel the ghosts are more recognisable facing the same direction as he does in the original logo (pictured)

Interested in everyone's opinions though

melmike
1 design submitted - Score now!

I think that by sticking so closely to the elements of the original logo, your design looks somewhat unfinished. While the ghosts are highly finished (great mashup btw), with considered, curved lines, while the packman part is so minimal it doesn't look like it's part of the same design. I have not constructive suggestions on what you can do about it, and I get that's what it's like in the logo, but yeah, just my thoughts on it.

WanderingBert

That's a fair comment melmike. I wonder if there's any subtle things I can do to the pacman bit look a bit more complete. Maybe a stroke like the ghosts? I'll have a play with that.

No account?