Close
One second...

Lidija's 2013 blog - My bid for ten grand

Alrighty, this is kind of the opposite of a goals blog - it's an achievements blog I guess.

Pieces subbed: 18
Highest: 4.03, Lowest:2.50, Average: 3.26.

1. ...and so it ends - pending

2. entomology 101 - 3.32

3. relative worth - 3.52

4. I hate goodbyes - 3.31

5. Diving with giants - 3.35

6. Closer - 2.50

7. Listen to the world (collab with Wolfgang8885) - 2.66

8. you're next, honey - 3.02

9. love heals - 3.03

10. argh!! - 2.81

11. mind your manners - 3.25

12. the spirit - 3.35

13. cock and balls - 3.43

14. serbian history in cross-stitch - 3.14

15. undersea victorian - 4.03

16. fox and hare - 3.72

17. origami butterflies - 3.33

18. neo ethnic - 3.59

19. sleepy - 3.38

Challenges attempted:

1. Next Big Tee

2. Teachers

3. Tegan and Sara

4. NPR

5. You're Next

6. Kid Robot

7. NSFT

8. Select - cross-cultural patterns

Prints
None. Also had none last year. And the year before that. Wait, maybe this blog wasn't such a good idea.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
moosabman

Wow those are some impressive scores. Undersea victorian with the legendary status.

El-Be

Keep clocking scores like that and I'm sure a print can't be too far away.

OwlsOnTheBrain

Wrock onnnnnnnnn!! A print can't be far away at all :]

jaywalkergraphics

Any chance you ould you link to the submissions, Lidija? I could just go find them, I'm sure, but it's cool that we can still go comment and click the little "Let me know if this prints," link [I love that, it's basically a postmortem $5 button] even when the scoring has ended. They may even monitor some of that activity. Who knows?

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics said:

Any chance you COULD you link to the submissions, Lidija? I could just go find them, I'm sure, but it's cool that we can still go comment and click the little "Let me know if this prints," link [I love that, it's basically a postmortem $5 button] even when the scoring has ended. They may even monitor some of that activity. Who knows?

Haha, dangit.

TheInfamousBaka

Yayyyy~ You can do it! :-D

3.14 as a lowest is pretty awesome.

celandinestern

I'm sure the lowest is gonna get lower as time goes by. My type of painstaking, detail-heavy work has always had the 'scores sky high but probably doesn't print' tendency. Now that I'm mucking around with simpler ideas the score average is going to slide (as well as average number of hours spent on each sub, yay!) but hopefully there will be something printable in there.

I'll link 'em up soon, promise!

celandinestern

Spirit finished scoring at 3.35 :)

celandinestern

some links won't link. arrrgh.

gebe
1 design submitted - Score now!
TheInfamousBaka said:

Yayyyy~ You can do it! :-D

3.14 as a lowest is pretty awesome.

You got some killer score! I can smell a print!

mip1980

I dont know what is more more criminal, your lack of prints the last two years or Tiffany's lack of prints full stop.

Incredible work as always :-)

celandinestern
mip1980 said:

I dont know what is more more criminal, your lack of prints the last two years or Tiffany's lack of prints full stop.

Incredible work as always :-)

Tiffany's lack of prints definitely. That girl needs to get MADE stat.

celandinestern

annnnd we have a new low :) 2.81 for my zipper-split sammich.

celandinestern

lovey dovey aspirin finishes at 3.03

Collab for NPR in the works, You're Next entry up for voting now. I'm whittling away at my Tegan and Sara entry.

MoUO

I can't believe Undersea Victorian wasn't selected -they even used it in their promos. Such sophistication!

MoUO

Your perseverance is awesome! Just looked at all your past designs - I hope they're getting printed somewhere - especially the prints. Please tell me they are.

celandinestern

thanks :))) I'm only subbing here at the moment, but when I amass enough stuff I'll probably try to find homes for it elsewhere. So glad you like!

Musarter

One of your patterns is sure to print and I am not saying that in everyday "Print Worthy" way.

celandinestern
Musarter said:

One of your patterns is sure to print and I am not saying that in everyday "Print Worthy" way.

Nothing sure in this world except death and taxes, Josh, but it warms my heart that you think so :)

celandinestern

my you're next entry finished at 3.02 :)

digsy

one score under 3 - that's impressive girl!

celandinestern
digsy said:

one score under 3 - that's impressive girl!

thanks :) I'm sure I'll add a few more to that category soon :D

celandinestern

Thanks guys :)

Matias, I have one kids' only print from 3 years ago, which ironically had a score of around 2.9 :) But I'm still waiting for my first grown-up print :)

Matias Corado

I saw so much talent without being printed that I can't believe it!!!

celandinestern

lol, my day will come :) *cue evil laugh

celandinestern

updated with the T&S score and two new pending pieces.

gebe

I like all you stuff, this could be a great year!

gebe

^ your*

celandinestern

It's feeling pretty good so far :)

celandinestern

work in progress for the science comp. Because nothing says science like poop.

celandinestern

here's the finished thing :) wonder if I should sub it into the science or teachers comp.

Morkki

Teachers, obviously! Unless there's some law of science about poop?

Manupix

So lovely!

Maybe more in the Teachers spirit? What's the animal at lower left?

gebe

teachers! how to use your poop

celandinestern

lol Morkki :) well technically biology is a science so i guess it could sorta fit into either... but my feeling is towards teachers too.

Lower left is the palm civet, it's an animal that sorta looks like a cross between a squirrel and a fox. It eats coffee beans and then poops them out half-digested and they're used to make what's pretty much the most expensive coffee in the world, called kopi luwak. I'm gonna explain all three in the sub text.

Pyne

Oh my gosh this is great! Teachers seems like a good fit.

celandinestern

I guess it's unanimous then :) now the question is do I wait 13 days to sub and try to avoid downvoters or do I just throw caution to the winds and kick it in now :)

hilaryleung

Love it! This reminds me of my favourite knock knock joke...

Knock Knock. Who's there? Smell mop. Smell mop who? ...

Goto75
  1. Teachers. 2. It looks pretty great. 3. My three year old son loves your avatar. He call it "the glimmering penguin".
celandinestern

lol hilary :)

Goto75 said:
  1. Teachers. 2. It looks pretty great. 3. My three year old son loves your avatar. He call it "the glimmering penguin".

ahahahah I love my glimmering penguin toooo! tell him it's a platypus though. The glimmering platypus.

macdoodle

Awwww! poop is so adorable :)

kuro_te

Well, I definitely learned something new about poop, so submit it to the Teachers challenge.

Downvoters will get you no matter what, so submit it if it's done. If you submit it at the last minute, that just makes the design more visible to legitimate voters and trolls alike.

celandinestern

wise words, my friend. In it goes.

celandinestern

'I hate goodbyes' up for scoring nowwwww!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?