Close
One second...

New WIP "were bonding!" (Update)

Finally started working on this.

V3

V4

V5

Has this been done before? I feel like it may have been...
What can I do to improve?

Watch this
jodabaum
jodabaum profile pic Alumni

anyone?

Matias Corado

I can't get the joke (english is not my native language).

Anyway, I think you can't improve face lines. I like it plain.

vectored_life

Quick correction, it should be "we're" with an apostrophe...as for if the design has been done before, I'm not sure.

Matias Corado

Sorry, I wanted to mean: you can improve face lines.

jodabaum

Thanks!

Yeah this is just a quick rough design, I hate using track pads on laptops, I need to bring my tablet to work!

And I will def. add apostrophe when I redraw it!

Manupix

I don't get it :( What are these dudes?

Manupix

I think I just guessed: glue bottles?

jodabaum
Manupix said:

I don't get it :( What are these dudes?

glue. Give me a break! I did this in like two minutes!!!

Manupix

If I give you a break, will you glue yourself back together?

Ok, not familiar with buying glue in bottles around here, is all ;)

jodabaum

rickyarianto

yeah.. you can do this design with kit kat... lol..

vectored_life
jodabaum said:

Thanks! Now I want one and I have that stupid song in my head! :( lol, take THIS!!

jodabaum

wish I could be working on this design, but stuck at work...

jodabaum

And instead of working on designs this is what I do when I get home:

jodabaum

Still have not worked on this.... Maybe tomorrow!

jodabaum

V2

jodabaum

I'll probably make the type much smaller than how I started it.

GyleDesigns
GyleDesigns profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

I see this and I read it "We're glue"

So at least to me, it's not working right now. Is including the word "bonding" out of the question?

jodabaum
GyleDesigns said:

So at least to me, it's not working right now. Is including the word "bonding" out of the question?

Hahah yeah, that's the idea for it to say "were bonding" just haven't finished the type yet, had to take a break from the computer

GyleDesigns
1 design submitted -
jodabaum said:
GyleDesigns said:

Hahah yeah, that's the idea for it to say "were bonding" just haven't finished the type yet, had to take a break from the computer

OH GOOD. That makes more sense. Carry on.

jodabaum

Update #3

jodabaum

Notto sure about the type

SaltySteveD

Personally I like the type. I have a bit of a dirty mind so the fact that this "gooey, white text" comes off innocently I'd say it works. The only thing I would do would be to add just a bit more detail on the bottles (drawing in ridges on the cap, brighter orange, blue labels?) to really sell the joke. Just me cents!

GyleDesigns
1 design submitted -

Type is perfect, I think.

frauleinkatrina
frauleinkatrina profile pic Alumni

Type is great, would suggest giving it more of a curve over the two, plus shading it so it looks 3D. It definitely looks like it's made of glue, so I love that. I do think that the bottle labels should change... I did immediately get that these were glue (and an awesome pun), but the longer I look the weirder the silver label thing is to me...

jodabaum

Thank you all!

Ill try adding more detail to the bottles and the shadows to the type and Im also not liking the labels much.. Ill work on those!

jodabaum

V4

I think I like the smaller text in the earlier version better... and not completly happy with these labels and the word "glue". IDK

jodabaum

so..

vectored_life

I actually like the "glue" labels in v4...I guess technically you don't need them because people will recognize what the bottles are by the lids (at least I did anyways) and also by the "we're bonding" text

I don't however care for the labels in v3 so I'm glad you changed those

jodabaum

Should I take the word "glue" out?

misstissie

aww cute. i like it with "glue" included.

vectored_life
misstissie said:

aww cute. i like it with "glue" included.

Yeah, I second this

jodabaum

OK! Thank you both! :) I guess I'll leave it in... might just adjust/clean up the label a bit.

jodabaum

what about the size of the text "we're bonding - larger? smaller? just right? sucks? don't care? potatoes?

vectored_life

my honest answer is potatoes but if I have to lie then i say it looksgood just like it is...size, color, etc...

GyleDesigns
1 design submitted -

I hope I'm not too late for this part of the discussion: what does it look like with orange labels and no "glue?"

Just curious.

If you're already set on that, no worries. Looks good! Full speed ahead!

jodabaum
GyleDesigns said:

I hope I'm not too late for this part of the discussion: what does it look like with orange labels and no "glue?"

Just curious.

If you're already set on that, no worries. Looks good! Full speed ahead!

Im not set on anything yet... Ill upload a new version later tnight with some updates and one without the "glue" text.

edward.ejiogu

It's alright, not that clever or amazing but not bad at all; nothing much can be done to improve it beyond what it is now. A solid 5/10 at best (or in other words a 2, MAYBE a 3 on this website).

Ask yourself if you would really wear a shirt that has that on it though. Who would this design appeal to and who would be willing to pay for it? Why would 2 glue bottles be saying "we're bonding" anyway? It's not really much of a joke or pun. I doubt it's been done before and I doubt it will get printed, but you might as well submit it since you already put a bunch of work into it.

jamesnotjim

chill out edward its not as bad as you are making out! I think a few people will like this :)

jamesnotjim

have you mocked this up yet?

jodabaum

I have not mocked up yet.. I'll do that tonight or tomorrow.

jodabaum

V5

No account?