Close
One second...

Ping pong WIP

A new typo piece I'm working on. Thoughts?

Watch this
Manupix
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Love it, very dynamic!

Could be more readable in places: the Gs (esp the last one, reads as E), the line linking P-I (reads as DING). Maybe darken the lines that don't belong to letters?

rickyarianto

Nice! agree with manupix.. if possible, even the line between P and O..

Navman7
Manupix said:

Maybe darken the lines that don't belong to letters?

Was gonna say the same thing!! Also, the lines underlining the word 'ping' seem to make it a bit... crowded. Maybe try 2 or 3 bounces instead of 4?? I definitely think the tiny bounce right under the 'p' in 'ping' should go :P

Navman7

Or maybe even get rid of the connection from 'ping' to 'pong', and have another table tennis bat somewhere towards the bottom left to start the 'p' from 'pong'?

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

It first reads DANG PONE to me. Just shade away the connecting lines and should be better, also take that last loop from N to G under the N so it doesn't read as E.

Morkki
Morkki profile pic Alumni

Actually both Gs should probably have similar loops. The one in PING is better.

ivanrodero

Probably all swooshes lines should fade the same and longer to give more direction and readability (specially in the N joints) and what Morkki said.

soloyo
soloyo profile pic Alumni

Shouldn't there be a net in betwen Ping and Pong?

JIMDAHOUSECAT
JIMDAHOUSECAT profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

looking good man. I would add another racket so it looks more balanced (and sort of like doubles) and what soloyo said, try and place a net into the design.

vectored_life
soloyo said:

Shouldn't there be a net in betwen Ping and Pong?

Like this add-on idea. But overall great concept development.

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

Feeling a bit 'meh' about this right now, might pick it up later. Thanks for the great input though. I'll get around to fading out the unnecessary lines and clarifying a few of the letters so they're more legible.

Nestor. A net is a great idea!

Thanks everyone!

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni
Morkki said:

Actually both Gs should probably have similar loops. The one in PING is better.

This. The second G needs more G to it.

jodabaum
jodabaum profile pic Alumni

this is great! wonderfully executed!

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

maybe a net in the middle in stead of several bounces? (and perhaps a fourth palette so you have four players)

Mantichore
Mantichore profile pic Alumni

(ok, I should have read the previous comments before commenting)

speakerine
speakerine profile pic Alumni
5 designs submitted - Score now!

yeah it needs a net!! good work

halfgotten
halfgotten profile pic Alumni

so good! yeah the net!

Wharton
Wharton profile pic Alumni

This direction is better, but I feel like I need to make the letters mire dynamic (maybe the 'pong' part is a bit flat)

littlem

how bout if you 1/4 turn it to the left (ping ascending up the shirt) and make the pong read from top to bottom down the other side, facing the net?

Matias Corado

What if the bottom battledore hits the ball from behind front view? Do you understand what I want to mean?

jamesnotjim

What the hell is a battledore?!

Matias Corado

Well, I'm not sure if is the correct translation. Paddle maybe? I don't now how you call it in english.

osaze

i dig this, love it with the net. good job Wharton

Manupix

Better type, nicer with 2 rackets. But I'm no fan of the net, it's too distracting. If you keep it (you shouldn't ;) make it darker and slacken it a bit.

jodabaum
jodabaum profile pic Alumni
Manupix said:

Better type, nicer with 2 rackets. But I'm no fan of the net, it's too distracting. If you keep it (you shouldn't ;) make it darker and slacken it a bit.

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Great revisions, Wharton. I think the net adds nice balance, but it doesn't quite fit in with the style of the letters.

No account?