Close
One second...

Simpson Family Locomotion - Revised

The design is up for voting here.

Here's the process for my Simpsons entry. The concept was to mimic Edward Muybridge motion studies to commemorate "The Simpsons" historical achievement of being the longest running sit-com on television.

The humor of "The Simpsons" is obvious, so I focused on the family aspect of the show. At the end of the day, "The Simpsons" is about a family that has stuck together and loved each other for 25 years.

Revised final version (8.12.13)

Final submitted version

Character art

Initial digital sketch

Watch this
osaze

good job!! and awesome excecution

Theo86
Theo86 profile pic Alumni

wow this is so good!

goliath72
goliath72 profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Lol this is awesome love underwear homer

Kudaman

Superb! Amazing idea and execution!

airdeh

This is awesome! Brings me back to my days of animating in school :')

PeculiarTiffany
PeculiarTiffany profile pic Alumni

I love his flubber bouncing around, this is wonderful. You really captured a sense of movement. :-)

thepapercut

Your line work and stylistic choices are amazing here.

azrael5

i can feel it move..very tough to get this right...awesomely done

endoxo

Very clean

blackhand_
blackhand_ profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Hopefully this will go up for voting today.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

woohoo, look at that blubber fly! great work

BlancaJP
BlancaJP profile pic Alumni

looks really good - that's a 5 in waiting from me

Pyne
Pyne profile pic Alumni

Crazy well done! Can't get over the movement in Homer's flab. Now I've got the Muffin Top song from 30 Rock stuck in my head:)

hilaryleung

This is too cool for school Paul!

blackhand_

The design is up for voting now. Thanks for all the support so far.

nikoby
nikoby profile pic Alumni

haha, awesome! voting now

macdoodle
macdoodle profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Excellent design Paul. Scored!

FightingFit

Love it. So nicely thought out and executed.

alexadavidoff

I love your design, kuro_te. It's clever, memorable, quirky, and elegant. Voted $5. But I thought starting forum threads asking for scores was looked down upon here? Am I wrong in saying that?

blackhand_
alexadavidoff said:

I love your design, kuro_te. It's clever, memorable, quirky, and elegant. Voted $5. But I thought starting forum threads asking for scores was looked down upon here? Am I wrong in saying that?

You are indeed correct, and I've probably referred you to a guide to the Threadless forums. This was a thread documenting my design process. It's considered acceptable to turn a work-in-progress thread to a promotion thread once the design is up for scoring.

What is frowned upon is creating a thread for the sole purpose of soliciting votes and comments. Threads like that generally don't contribute much to the forum or community.

alexadavidoff

Thank you for the kind clarification kuro_te! I was just looking through the forums for some cool designs to score, and I'd rather ask prior to doing anything that annoys people. :)

blackhand_

The design is up for scoring, but I made some revisions to make it look more like a vintage Muybridge print. I increased the contrast, too. Overall, I think it's improved.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

yes, much better. Additions are great too!

Sithi The Wierdo

Awesome execution indeed my good sir... perfecto..

No account?