Close
One second...

How many scores should I hope to get?

Watch this
vectored_life

Regardless of how many scores, you're going to get a lot of ones from people trying to downvote you since you are competition. It's not about number of scores, it's about average score in the end. And even then that sometimes doesn't matter. Low average designs have been printed. High averaged designs haven't.

Remember: Being printed is awesome but it's not everything around here.

P.S. Everyone votes if they want to and usually they want to 105% of the time

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

Well, as long as we are hoping stuff I say hope for a billion!

There's really no specific number to expect. Just the majority of your hits to come in the first few days it's up. Most folks vote on the "most recent" page, so after a bit you'll get pushed further and further back and get fewer and fewer people seeing it. So just don't get discouraged if you see an influx of votes and first and then see it trickled down to very little at the end.

The best way to drive up your numbers is to participate in the forums. And that doesn't mean posting links to your subs; too much of that becomes a turn-off to a lot of people here. Just get involved in conversations and critiques and more people will visit your profile to see what you've got scoring.

Good luck!

FoodStampDavis

By the way, these are nice. I especially like Cameragirl. It's nice to see something a little different around here.

vectored_life

Hey foodstamp, check out my new design here: jk...but seriously though, I've been here a couple months and noticed a lot more scores and comments after I got more involved in discussions etc.

LeopardsLunch

Yeah I clocked that about posting links - I realise it is probably annoying and smacks of desperation but hey its my first time!

Thanks for the feedback - is there a way of knowing what the average score is? I just have the number of scores on my profile but nothing about what they voted. Is that kept secret?

Its a little bit of a learning curve for me so thanks for your help!

FoodStampDavis
LeopardsLunch said:

Yeah I clocked that about posting links - I realise it is probably annoying and smacks of desperation but hey its my first time!

Thanks for the feedback - is there a way of knowing what the average score is? I just have the number of scores on my profile but nothing about what they voted. Is that kept secret?

Its a little bit of a learning curve for me so thanks for your help!

You won't know your average until the piece is finished scoring. After that, it'll be posted on that piece's page.

One way to sort of gauge how something is doing is to sort the scoring page by average score. It won't give you any numbers, but the closer you are to the first page the higher your average currently is.

vectored_life

No worries, we all gotta start somewhere with questions. You wont know your average score til the voting period is up (E.G. 7 days for a submission in the general "Threadless" catagory).

FoodStampDavis

By the way, posting a promo thread with links your design is fine. What people hate is when you see the comments on other pieces/threads like "I really like this! Go vote my design, too! (link.)"

LeopardsLunch
foodstampdavis said:

One way to sort of gauge how something is doing is to sort the scoring page by average score. It won't give you any numbers, but the closer you are to the first page the higher your average currently is.

Yeah I thought it would be secret until the end. That's pretty clever though, I might try that. Thanks guys!

LeopardsLunch
foodstampdavis said:

Yeah I thought it would be secret until the end. That's pretty clever though, I might try that. Thanks guys!

ricksans

Wow I really like your style. If you haven't already, you should look into getting prints made. I could see these designs universally appealing to a lot of people. Especially businesses.

vectored_life

For example:

Nice design, hey can you take a look a mine too. I made it the other day and thought it was pretty neat. I love Nintendo so I made this design. It was a lot of work. When I was little I thought, hey in the future I want to design tshirts and submit them to a website.

I like your drawing, here's my link. Don't forget to comment and score it a 5! http://www.threadless.com/threadless/remember-4/

@ LeopardsLunch, P.S. if you click the link it'll show you what the finished scoring looks like after the voting period is over. BTW this design is finished so no I'm not promoting it.

LeopardsLunch

Not sure why I said that twice!

Wow thanks ricksans that's a nice idea.

Matias Corado
theillustratorman said:

Regardless of how many scores, you're going to get a lot of ones from people trying to downvote you since you are competition.

Really they do that??? I score designs even if I know that mine can be pushed down... If I don't like a design just simple don't score him, but why to give it a low score?

By the way: Hippiechick is nice!

LeopardsLunch
Matias Corado said:
theillustratorman said:

Regardless of how many scores, you're going to get a lot of ones from people trying to downvote you since you are competition.

Really they do that??? I score designs even if I know that mine can be pushed down... If I don't like a design just simple don't score him, but why to give it a low score?

That's what I was thinking. I have only been voting for designs I like and ignoring those i don't. Strategic voting is a bit mean :(

And thanks for the feedback!

vectored_life
Matias Corado said:
theillustratorman said:

All the time sadly. There's a lot of stories on here of artists talking about how they were pretty high on the list until the last few day and then they get knocked way down on the scoring because of people trying to vote others badly.

As for skipping bad designs, if they're bad then score them what you think they deserve. I'm not saying that to be mean but just think if everybody on Threadless did that. Really bad designs would have amazing scores.

What I mean about the others is that they would get on say "the simpsons" challenge and score everything a 1 without even looking at it.

rickyarianto
theillustratorman said:

if they're bad then score them what you think they deserve.

Thats what i think we should do..

Kittyatemycam

I'm so glad you asked these questions, I've been wondering too! So thank you hehe. Also your hippie chick design is lovely :D

vectored_life

To sum it up:

Aim for a 5.0 average and 1,000,000 comments

Settle for whatever average and 0 comments and improve upon that for your next design.

arthurlucena

Very enlightening! Too bad about the downvote, I hadn't thought about that. BTW, LeopardsLunch, great designs! The cameraGirl is really amazing, I just love the light strokes.

com00020

I'm really glad I found this thread, was wondering the exact same thing! Really like your style btw, it's amazing what you can do with just a few lines, eh?

urbandozzer

nice, very useful thread since i'm first here. your designs are nice...

No account?
Join Us