Close
One second...

Die! - A WIP - Critique, Please!

A simple design I came up with. It's pretty straightforward with its message and concept. Let me know what you think needs changing. Thanks. :)

Watch this
BensonAMF

I almost feel like the die should be talking to something. Maybe one of those 100 sided dungeons and dragons die. just a thought

likeamonstah

Hmm. Okay. I was thinking the statement would work well geared towards the reader. As in the die is either stating he "IS a die" or for someone to die. But I can try working with another object in the picture.

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

Idea wise It's not super clever, it is a die who is saying die, so that doesn't do much for me. Execution wise It is cute that you used the one dot for the mouth, but it needs work.

If you want the die to be speaking to the viewer then have him glaring at the viewer. Also it may be funny to have him holding a switch blade or something.

likeamonstah

Okay. Thank you. It does need work.

melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

don't be afraid to think outside the cube (oh, I kill me). You've added a face, if you add arms and legs a whole world of concepts open up to you. Could have him holding a knife towering over one of those little game marker cone things.. just spitballing...

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

I agree that there should probably be an object of his scorn. Makes the "die" joke a little more subtle—what would a die hate?

Neil8407

it could be rolling a six with a little figurine similar to a RISK piece next to it.

ie.

Neil8407

Just give it a really wide, rounded platform to solidify that it's a board game piece.

Neil8407

Or the figurine could be the object of scorn. Maybe he has a gaping hole in his plastic body :o

vectored_life
melmike said:

don't be afraid to think outside the cube (oh, I kill me). You've added a face, if you add arms and legs a whole world of concepts open up to you. Could have him holding a knife towering over one of those little game marker cone things.. just spitballing...

^Definitely this!

luckyboi317

If it was a 1 facing up on a D20 I'd be way more into it

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

"DIE WRENCH!"

Just a thought, expanding on some other ideas, here. Not sure if this should be his adversary or what, but just throwing it out there. PS. It's a die wrench.

No account?
Join Us