Close
One second...

Greased Lightning - New idea

A rough of the design. Would you wear it?

On red:

Watch this
GyleDesigns
GyleDesigns profile pic Alumni

I mean, I don't normally wear designs on white tees (I am too pale; it ends up looking like a chest tattoo). Would you offer other color options? I mean, it might not immediately read "grease" in another color, but WHO KNOWS you knows?

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

Wes! I agree that red would look super rad. This is awesome. Minimalism challenge?

westond
westond profile pic Alumni

What kind of red do you guys like? I'll definitely put it in as an option

westond

White's my favorite, but I'll add a red version too.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

Looks great, reminds me of that oil spill relief tee that Ross made. Sub it to minimalism!

westond

Thanks! But it's not minimalism?

Wolfgang8885

Are you going to color it in? RIght now I can tell theres line marks all over the place. Just needs to be filled in. Looks great on the bold bright red! Maybe add a highlight? This will look more greasy/oily. Good job!

TheInfamousBaka
TheInfamousBaka profile pic Alumni

It is too minimalism by Threadless standards.

westond

I'm drawing over this, this is just a sketch that I've developed a little bit more. I'm gonna play around with adding some shiny stuff to it, and I think I'm gonna get rid of some of the blob stuff. I think there's a little too much in there.

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

have you considered having the grease drip down so it's more natural? or are you trying to imply speed?

Manupix

Not sure I get it but I like it =)

jaywalkergraphics
jaywalkergraphics profile pic Alumni

Manupix, maybe it's not a super popular expression? If something goes "like greased lightning", it's fast. Were you not picking that up, or did you want it to mean something more?

jaywalkergraphics

I think it could be pretty rad, but it would be awesome if it protrayed more speed. Like a grease streak, or something. And the lightning looks a little—sad, or soggy, to me? Maybe some more bold straight lines? I dunno. I know nothing.

Manupix
jaywalkergraphics said:

Manupix, maybe it's not a super popular expression? If something goes "like greased lightning", it's fast. Were you not picking that up, or did you want it to mean something more?

Well thanks, I had no idea! Me not be native engrish language ;)

jaywalkergraphics
Manupix said:
jaywalkergraphics said:

Well thanks, I had no idea! Me not be native engrish language ;)

Haha. No worries.

No account?
Join Us