Close
One second...

Floating. How to get back on track?

Hey guys!!! I haven't been here as much as i want. I didn't submit any of new designs. I feel like i have nothing good to show. I hope it is just temporary. I am looking for your support, maybe some inspirational words or any kind of motivation. I wanna be artist still. Thank you

Watch this
TheInfamousBaka
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Love the colors. :-) What's keeping you from making art? In a slump?

invisibleelement

Taking that first initial step is the hardest part. Find inspiration. Create something around a passion of yours. You can do it! Glad you're back.

Boiled fly

slump is the right word :) I was trying to start to draw all day. Instead of that i did yoga, made pulled pork BBQ sandwiches with homemade bun, baked a honey cake with sour cream and grapes and... well tomorrow work in the morning as a sandwich artist lol "eat fresh"

digsy

ah, i know this feeling very well. only think i can suggest is don't put too much pressure on yourself and just keep thinking up new ideas - one will spark up enough to make you want to start working on it and from there you're straight back in.

thepapercut

I've been in a rut recently as well, not with threadless designs, but my character art career. The best thing to do is keep positive and just look to the future, don't rush yourself to find something worthy, but work it out. Ask yourself small questions and build from there. Hope this helps, and best luck on the designs ahead.

celandinestern
Boiled fly said:

slump is the right word :) I was trying to start to draw all day. Instead of that i did yoga, made pulled pork BBQ sandwiches with homemade bun, baked a honey cake with sour cream and grapes and... well tomorrow work in the morning as a sandwich artist lol "eat fresh"

that sounds like an awesome day!!!! :D

sometimes the day just isn't a drawing day. I often go through weeks or months where I just can't draw - I want to but it's like a physical force preventing me. (Sometimes it's work and my kid and stuff and sometimes it's just this mysterious thing, like my hands are tied).

During these times I try to look at other people's art, think about how I'd draw a scene someone else did, comment on people's WIPs, look at the contest challenges and imagine what I'd sub.... eventually something sparks something and off I go again.

Boiled fly

how to join a house?

EverythingwasTaken

You could try switching mediums. I didn't touch acrylics for years because I was bad at them (no patience). I did water colors and charcoal then one day I didn't feel like doing them so I picked up my acrylics. Magically, my painting was recognizable! I don't know if it was a new level of patience developed with watercolors or all the practice at other kinds of art but It was astonishing lol. Why don't you try a medium or technique you haven't used in years; the results might surprise you.

Boiled fly

stiil floating...

chuck p comics
1 design submitted - Score now!

Ladies and general men we are floating in space! Floating is cool!

papaomaangas
1 design submitted - Score now!

Well, it doesn't look like you lose track. Scored Live Loud. Goodluck!

No account?