Close
One second...

Resubbed - SIMPSONS DECLINED

Unfortunately my design "BARTMAN was here" has been declined (legal issues with batman IP)
I guess Bart would love that...been rejected heheheheh
Any ideas to solve that?
Hope you like it anyway

Watch this
melmike
melmike profile pic Alumni

Why don't you try actually writing Bartman inside the bat? I can't see how this is copyright trouble anyway since it's really nothing like the Batman symbol.

opippi
opippi profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Me too hehehheh Even to avoid legal problems with the brand, I changed the angles of curves Also I had tried bartman writing inside the bat before but had not liked. It was supposed to be more minimal but I appreciated @melmike

karaed
karaed profile pic Staff

This would be considered "confusingly similar" to the Batman logo, which is definitely trademarked. Generally logos are even more protected than characters, costumes, etc. And I think some of the things The Simpsons can get away with on tv they can't do when it comes to products. Cool design though!

opippi
karaed said:

This would be considered "confusingly similar" to the Batman logo, which is definitely trademarked. Generally logos are even more protected than characters, costumes, etc. And I think some of the things The Simpsons can get away with on tv they can't do when it comes to products. Cool design though!

Thx @kared I really appreciate your quick response and I understand pretty well, but it was a shot heheheh

opippi

Another try. I hope Mr. bat don't kill bart this time hehehehe kidding...

opippi

Declined again????

damn batman monopoly. Bats are cursed forever...

opippi

isn't Gothan city enough?

Monkey X
Monkey X profile pic Alumni

Too bad it's declined. It would be easily my favorite simpson themed shirt.

opippi

Thx @Monkey X

No account?
Join Us