Close
One second...

Is society6 making you earn money?

I couldn't find how to search the forum so I'm asking the question. Do you guys selling through society6 really make money? Would you advise someone to make his own shop?

Watch this
invisibleelement

Society6 definitely has benefits and yes, you CAN make money. Obviously it depends on what you create to sell in your shop as well as how you promote it. Every item available at society6 has a flat rate price, and you decide what your profit is on top of that.

Since Society6 does everything for you (printing, checkout, shipping, etc.), it makes sense that they take a majority of the cut.

I've sold several prints and items through my store and have made a decent amount, but of course it would always be nice to make more.

http://society6.com/artist/invisibleelement http://society6.com/invisibleelement

chuck p comics

just started up a shop and I got an e-mail saying one of my designs was selected to be included in the society6 shop.........what's that even mean?

mechanicalrobotpower
1 design submitted - Score now!
chuck p comics said:

just started up a shop and I got an e-mail saying one of my designs was selected to be included in the society6 shop.........what's that even mean?

I've had that email about 7 times, ...no idea.

DRO72

just means those designs can be seen/searched from the general S6 site, as opposed to only being visible on your personal shop page.

oliveboo

thanks! i think i'll give it a try when i get the time then

lunchboxbrain

It's worth it IMO. Putting designs that you're proud of up for sale makes more sense than just letting them collect dust on your hard drive.

Visualesque

That's useful to know! I thought the flat rate price was it - and looking at the artist's cut of that price was actually very low e.g. $2 out of $60 goes to the artist for ipad skins...

Can anyone speak of inprnt.com or redbubble.com? (Sorry for highjacking the thread but I'm curious :P)

louisroskosch

there is a great thread on society 6 from back a long, but i cant find it at all. a couple of guys go into detail about how to use society6 successfully. would love to read it if anyone knows the one i am talking about?

MichelleNagel
louisroskosch said:

there is a great thread on society 6 from back a long, but i cant find it at all. a couple of guys go into detail about how to use society6 successfully. would love to read it if anyone knows the one i am talking about?

I would also love to read it!

I just started a shop too. It's worth trying :)

Musarter

Society6 could in theory make you money. If you already have an internet presence or a following you will probably sell some items. I, on the other hand, have been on there for two years and sold one print. The only problem I see with Society6 is that all the people on it are artists and, traditionally speaking, most artists don't have spare money to spend on art. I am considering making a shop on Etsy and seeing if that does any better.

ivanrodero

I make money with S6 but it's all about promotion outside the site, you have to work it... a lot.

breadlegs

ivanrodero - what kinds of promo do you do?

khallion

I generally do 100-300 a month there. Took me a while to get there. Christmas season made me big money, though. 2K+. Keep promoting, use social media to the fullest (Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, etc) My Facebook fan page is one of the mos important tools in promoting myself. I do well on Etsy, and Red Bubble, too. Don't pick one or the other, do them all. Lots of streams of income, that's key.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
2 designs submitted - Score now!
khallion said:

I generally do 100-300 a month there. Took me a while to get there. Christmas season made me big money, though. 2K+. Keep promoting, use social media to the fullest (Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, etc) My Facebook fan page is one of the mos important tools in promoting myself. I do well on Etsy, and Red Bubble, too. Don't pick one or the other, do them all. Lots of streams of income, that's key.

thats good advice. I use Society6 but dont promote it as much as i should so my revenue there is lacking

The Paper Crane
lxromero said:
khallion said:

thats good advice. I use Society6 but dont promote it as much as i should so my revenue there is lacking

Made $21 over Christmas!!! I think I need to do some promoting.

No account?