Close
One second...

The state of voting/scoring/commenting today?

Hi all, it's been a long time since I was an active member around these parts, I genuinely have lots touch with Threadless for one reason or another, I'm trying my hardest to get back into the swing of things, but I had a few questions - what's the average number of scores/comments on a printable design nowadays? Average score? etc

Watch this
Haasbroek

I have no idea what's going on here.

Haasbroek

Press SUBMIT DESIGN and hope for the best.

Haasbroek

I had high hopes for this design of mine - which scored a 3.54 - but nothing.

celandinestern

It's weird. I think there has been some score inflation, far more things tend to score over 3 these days, and consequently scores like 3.54 that used to almost guarantee a print now seem to mean much less. They're still awesome scores, but tons of them don't print.

On the votes and comments, it's anybody's guess. Pieces vary wildly, even within the same contest, and definitely between contests - some are really popular and some get next to zero attention. It's possible to have a couple of pieces up for scoring at the same time and get 180 votes on one and 900+ votes on the other, and they both end up scoring the same.

comment numbers are definitely down as commenting on the new site is a pain. I barely comment subs any more, only epic ones and those of people I really like, and I've been scoring lots lately. From recent experience, 60-80 comments counts as pretty good. I can't help you on the print front on account of my meager experience there.

Morkki

There still isn't a secret formula

celandinestern
Morkki said:

There still isn't a secret formula

lol :D

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before we stumble upon it.

staffell

I'm not talking about a secret formula, I want averages goddamnit.

Dan Yingling
staffell said:

WHOA.

Morkki
staffell said:

I mean you can look at averages and calculate averages of averages and you'll end up with a number that doesn't really say anything about anything.

This week's designs ranged from 2.8 to 3.8.

Musarter
1 design submitted - Score now!

As far as printing is concerned, these days, score does not matter all that much. If Threadless likes it enough it will get printed.

soloyo-collabs

all subsmission score and average between 1 point and 5 points now days

littlem

Who cares? Just quit whining and submit, you ninny!

littlem

Swing away, Merrill!

Ryder
1 design submitted - Score now!
littlem said:

Swing away, Merrill!

hahaha

Morkki

The Comprehensive Guide to Predicting Your Printability at Threadless:

1) Check your profile. Are you radiomode?

If YES, then you will be printed.

If NO, then submit more and hope a lot.

2) There is no item 2.

littlem

i have a number2 item for you

Morkki

Please leave it on the counter, thank you

littlem

in a cup? or just, like, right on the counter?

Morkki

Paper cup. With sprinkles!

littlem

peepee sprinkles or jimmies?

ir0cko

I thought people stopped voting on stuff?

celandinestern

people still kinda vote on stuff. But it's touch and go.

littlem

i'm a touchy feely kinda girl.

celandinestern

don't make me pinch your butt, littlem.

littlem

*bends over

celandinestern

we really should stop making out in David's stats blog.

oh alright just a little. pinches

staffell

Ok, pretend I never asked for 'average score', I think that's obviously never going to change

staffell

Ok, pretend I never asked for 'average score', I think that's obviously never going to change

littlem

Hi, Dave!

littlem

I came back for more.

littlem

Pinches, that is.

celandinestern

*pinch

in terms of comments, for pieces that seem to score comparably/ draw comparable interest, I now have 70/80 comments where before I would have had 100-120.

TheInfamousBaka

40+ comments is good for me, most I get is 60-ish.

Dexter Spandex

sigh. that image makes me nostalgic

wowrainbows

That is glorious. So much better.

Morkki

I don't miss that at all. No joke, I like living in 2013

taz-pie
littlem said:

peepee sprinkles or jimmies?

the only jimmies i know about are the rustling kind.

celandinestern

I miss the loads of comments on popular pieces. I also dislike the feeling that scores are sort of inflated now. Before 3.50 or 3.60 was like 'WOAH' and now they're a dime a dozen.

Chaymation

don't say that celandinestern! I was so excited when one of mine scored 3.67! Don't shatter my dreams!

celandinestern
Chaymation said:

don't say that celandinestern! I was so excited when one of mine scored 3.67! Don't shatter my dreams!

oh it's still an awesome score, Chay. But before, if I remember correctly, about 95% of all scores above 3.60 would print. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration, but not by much. Today you don't have nearly that big a chance. But yeah, still a huge success!!

Scores are weird, because everyone has their own scale, depending on what they're used to. Like, my style tends to get high scores so I get skewed towards thinking that nothing is big enough. On the other hand people who consistently score under 3 for years break three and feel accomplished - they know they're getting better. I guess a good score is a score bigger than what you're used to getting. That's the only way to really define it for yourself.

No account?