Close
One second...

THOR Sub rejected and revised. What do you think?

I was working with this idea of playing off the winged helmet of Thor and giving him actual feathered wings, alongside Loki with demon wings. It was supposed to be metaphorical (ie. Angel & Demon) like some alternate anime artwork I've seen.

Big mistake lol. Marvel doesn't like visual metaphors that mess with their character designs :p I got rejected because they said the wings can only be design based and not part of the characters. Hate to waste the illustration so I redrew the wings into "wing-like" capes.

Crossing fingers that it will be accepted! What do you guys think? Cheers!

Rejected Submission
http://postimg.org/image/yh4yhwo1d/

Revised Submission
http://postimg.org/image/4c3ohazdn/

REJECTED:

REVISED:

Watch this
zeropointfive
zeropointfive profile pic Alumni

Thanks for pulling the images out into the thread! Sorry, first time using this, I have no idea how to have my images show up :p

And thanks! Really hoping it can be in the running! :)

FoodStampDavis
FoodStampDavis profile pic Alumni

No problem. You'll always get more response in the forums when the image is right in the post. All you do is click the little camera icon and then drop the URL of the image into the prompt that comes up.

zeropointfive

Heya foodstampdavis, thanks so much! :) I tried it at first but it didn't work. But now it works fine!

natgal
natgal profile pic Alumni

I think the new one looks great too

natgal
natgal profile pic Alumni

I think the new one looks great too

jeffreyg
jeffreyg profile pic Staff

The new one looks great. Yeah, I had to reject this one as per Marvel's request about the wings. I think they'll accept it this time around.

zeropointfive

Thanks jeffreyg! And thanks for the comments, here's hoping! :)

airdeh

Both versions look brilliant! Definitely a 5 from me when it's up!

zeropointfive

It's deadline day and still no answer. I'm getting worried my revised version doesn't get in the running, even for a chance to be revised again. Just wondering if roughly 4 days is an unusual wait for an answer?

akachelle

really cool design!!

zeropointfive said:

It's deadline day and still no answer. I'm getting worried my revised version doesn't get in the running, even for a chance to be revised again. Just wondering if roughly 4 days is an unusual wait for an answer?

I waited four days for my submission to get approved. It's weird because they say 1-2 business days but they must be getting a lot of submissions.

zeropointfive
akachelle said:

really cool design!!

zeropointfive said:

I waited four days for my submission to get approved. It's weird because they say 1-2 business days but they must be getting a lot of submissions.

Ah thanks, I had just about given up hope lol. Thanks akachelle!

littlem

dang this is awesome!

zeropointfive

Thanks! :) Appreciate it!

ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni

Really cool style. It would be good to see how it works on a shirt. I would go with a dark blue or black.

No account?
Join Us